• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Homophobia

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
Ask your university.:rolleyes:

And how about the National Library of Medicine — are they in it too? Because they have the same views.
This was in response to, "That's what "Focus on the Family" claims anyway.

Here is their mission statement:

"To be led by the Holy Spirit in sharing the Gospel of Jesus Christ with as many people as possible by nurturing and affirming the God-ordained institution of the family and proclaiming biblical truths worldwide."

They have a very obvious agenda."

Ummm, no they don't and the article you've provided doesn't say the do either.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
Why you can't keep up with the discussion is not my problem.
Again, I am keeping up very well, thank you.

I'm not the only poster to make a similar observation.

But if you think you've used actual logic here, please feel free to point out where. Should be easy for you.

Another example of your not being able to keep up.
This was in response to, "We get it. We just vehemently disagree and have no problem saying so."

Oh wait, so you vehemently agree? That's news. Please elaborate like we're having an actual conversation here.
My question "why would you..." Is an indication that I disagree to begin with.
Great so you disagree. How come?
Only disbelievers died in the flood. No one died in Eden.
The whole world save for Noah and his family all die in the flood story.
Because I don't care. I advised you so you might behave better in the future with other people.
By telling them you don't care?

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
Ask your university.:rolleyes:
It's not just them but also professional experience.
And how about the National Library of Medicine — are they in it too? Because they have the same views.
Individual articles aren't their views. You have you Focus on the Family one, but here's another.

Conclusions:

Children with female same-sex parents and different-sex parents demonstrated no differences in outcomes,

Pawpatrol

No, that actually makes it even worse for vaginal sex. Think about it. That statistic only applies to women that have anal sex. I cannot remember the exact figure, but it was around a third. A third of 25% is 8%. Eight and a third, and since I could be a little low (I could be a little high too) lets round that up to 9%. It is estimated (and this is considered a low estimate) that worldwide 30% of married woman have been forced in to having vaginal sex at some time. By your reasoning that makes vaginal sex three times worse than anal:

I never said anal sex is bad because of that. I'm saying it is not always something the woman wants.

Pawpatrol

They learn those things from same sex siblings, peers, role models
It's not about learning as much as it is about caring and nurturing. Learning something from a child is not like learning for a parent in any case.
Is it really hard for you to fathom 2 loving mothers or 2 loving fathers?
No. There are billions.
Having heterosexual parents does not guarantee a good upbringing AT ALL.
No, it doesn't. Wearing a seat belt doesn't guarantee we won't get hurt in an accident — we still wear them.