• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Homosexuality is "Contrary to Natural Law"?

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Fingers are versatile. A penis isn't.

My best friend has just said to me: "If I don't focus on my boyfriend's pleasure, I difficultly can reach climax. And the best way to feel it is to have him inside me."

Someday you all will explain me why you demonize vaginal intercourse so much.
If it is done in the missionary position, it is the most romantic thing ever.

McBell

Admiral Obvious
Someday a male will explain me why they consider anal intercourse so great.
Let's avoid talking that it deals with the defecation cavity...

by the way...do you really feel pleasure knowing that your woman is suffering excruciatingly?

Do you have a post that does not contain a logical fallacy or bold faced lie?

CynthiaCypher

My best friend has just said to me: "If I don't focus on my boyfriend's pleasure, I difficultly can reach climax. And the best way to feel it is to have him inside me."

Well to each their own. She sounds very subbie and well I am not.

Saint Frankenstein

Here for the ride
Premium Member
It's a philosophical stance. From Wiki:

Natural law, or the law of nature (Latin: lex naturalis), is a system of law that is determined by nature, and so is universal.[1] Classically, natural law refers to the use of reason to analyze human nature — both social and personal — and deduce binding rules of moral behavior from it. Natural law is often compared with the positive law of a given political community, society, or state.[2] In legal theory, on the other hand, the interpretation of positive law requires some reference to natural law. On this understanding of natural law, natural law can be invoked to criticize judicial decisions about what the law says but not to criticize the best interpretation of the law itself. Some scholars use natural law synonymously with natural justice or natural right (Latin ius naturale),[3] while others distinguish between natural law and natural right.[1]

Although natural law is often conflated with common law, the two are distinct in that natural law is a view that certain rights or values are inherent in or universally cognizable by virtue of human reason or human nature, while common law is the legal tradition whereby certain rights or values are legally cognizable by virtue of judicial recognition or articulation.[4] Natural law theories have, however, exercised a profound influence on the development of English common law,[5][full citation needed] and have featured greatly in the philosophies of Thomas Aquinas, Francisco Suárez, Richard Hooker, Thomas Hobbes, Hugo Grotius, Samuel von Pufendorf, John Locke, Francis Hutcheson, Jean Jacques Burlamaqui, and Emmerich de Vattel. Because of the intersection between natural law and natural rights, it has been cited as a component in the United States Declaration of Independence and the Constitution of the United States, as well as in the Declaration of the Rights of Man and of the Citizen. Declarationism states that the founding of the United States is based on Natural law.
Natural law - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
CATHOLIC ENCYCLOPEDIA: Natural Law
Homosexuality (Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy)

It's the main argument that Catholics use against homosexual sex acts. It basically says that all sexual acts that are not between a (married) man and woman and not open to procreation are contrary to the natural order and so are sinful. This thinking is the entire foundation of the Catholic Church's teachings on sexual morality. Needless to say, it's very flawed and outdated.

Refutations:
Natural Law Ethics, Homosexuality and Morality | Georges Alexandre (Alex) Lenferna - Academia.edu
Deconstructing Natural Law Ethics | Vox Nova
Natural Law | Queering the Church
Libertarian Jew: Refuting the "Homosexuality Is Unnatural" Argument

Glaurung

Denizen of Niflheim
If homosexuality was against natural law, then why would homosexual behavior be present in nature; even that outside of mankind?

Because that's not what they mean by natural law.

The way I understand it, natural law is essentially the belief that everything in nature has a function intended by God. Since we can see that the primary result of the sexual act is reproduction, it follows that reproduction is the intended purpose of sex. Therefore, to use sex in any way that does not allow the possibility of its intended function (procreation) would be a violation of natural law and therefore immoral. This is the same reasoning they apply against contraception.

I'm not necessarily advocating for this reasoning, I'm just pointing out that natural law isn't about addressing what does and does not exist in nature per se. It's talking about the function of things in nature and how it informs human behaviour.

Last edited by a moderator:

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Do you have a post that does not contain a logical fallacy or bold faced lie?

My boyfriend dumped me because I refused to have anal sex with him. I never could, it's too painful. He ruined a love story just for lust-
Doesn't this make him a lustful shallow person?

McBell

Admiral Obvious
My boyfriend dumped me because I refused to have anal sex with him. I never could, it's too painful. He ruined a love story just for lust-

Since you are not the least bit interested in honest discussion, I shall leave you free to dish out all the Bull **** you like.

Run on home and claim your victory.

Drolefille

PolyPanGeekGirl
No offense. But I seriously doubt that you are a straight woman
Why would not being straight be offensive?
Also, I don't think you read.
Well, no offense. But Italian women are the most feminine in the world. And being feminine implies to be submissive.
Hi, guess who is mostly Italian by heritage and can trace herself back to Sardinia and Sicily among other places. The Italian women I know - not just Italian-Americans - are anything but submissive. You're forgetting that your mother and grandmother and great-aunts are women too.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member

That might well be, but you should not generalize so much out of your personal case.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn

No.
It makes you inexperienced. You don't know how to have sex and you have bad taste in men.

Tom

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
You're forgetting that your mother and grandmother and great-aunts are women too.

Precisely: and they taught my sisters how to treat men: that is , a woman is supposed to
- never contradict a man
- never look into his eyes (it's not sexy at all)
- pretend to be less smart than him

well...and some other advice to look like an interesting prey to catch

factseeker88

factseeker88
A beaver dam is a thing that is built by beavers. I suppose you are suggesting that a beaver is a natural thing. Perhaps it is, and perhaps it is not, that depends on what you think nature is exactly. Human beings exist as well and they build sky scrapers. Are sky scrapers natural?

Honestly, everything that exists occurs in nature, including mankind, unless there is nothing natural at all about existence. And I'm not sure why you would first speak of homosexuality occurring in nature and then for some reason set it apart from the homosexuality found in mankind. Are you suggesting that mankind is not natural, but all other creatures are natural?

Every thing that exists is natural, naturally built, naturally developed, naturally is.
Tillotson concurs.

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]"Our belief or disbelief of a thing does not alter the nature of things” Tillotson[/FONT]

“[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]This moment is your life.” Omar Khayyam [/FONT]

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
No.
It makes you inexperienced. You don't know how to have sex and you have bad taste in men.

Tom

Inexperienced? Anus is not a sexual organs, so I am not supposed to use it as a sexual organ. I thought that romantic love was about kissing, cuddling, ....