• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Homosexuality not included.

Walkntune

How do you push 'homosexuality'? It's simply a natural orientation for a minority of the population. I couldn't be gay if I tried.

How is it attacking the institute of marriage for wanting to include homosexual individuals into the symbolic celebration of marriage? It seems like it would be expanding it rather than attacking. It's not like they're saying that everyone has to be married to someone of the same sex or that heterosexuals cannot marry. I just cannot understand this.

I would argue that obesity and gluttony are bigger issues since everyone is getting diabetes and having heart attacks. They actually have a harmful impact on people, unlike homosexuality. What are the harmful effects of allowing homosexual individuals be who they actually are as long as they're responsible about it?
Interesting enough the way the food and drug administration is a huge abuse in society and the way our foods are poisened and drugs are pushed like candy on tv is more of a typical isseu for me in society.The lawyers come in right behind them with their commercials to sue from the harmful effects of the drugs.If only a few people die from alternative medicines they pull it from the shelves and shut it down yet it takes years for them to deal with conventional medicines that are harmful to thousands of people.
I have issues with the gay rights movement because toleration is not enough.There are countless lawsuits going on because of Christians who are being kicked out of schools or businesses being sued because not a lack of tolerance but not embracing it as an affirmative.Being tolerant of others points of view is one thing but trying to force a point of view on someone is another.They are asking for a Holy war.

A. T. Henderson

R&P refugee
There are countless lawsuits going on because of Christians who are being kicked out of schools or businesses being sued because not a lack of tolerance but not embracing it as an affirmative.

Cite some examples of these, because the only ones I can think of are where said "Christians" have actively discriminated against people because of their sexuality.

sandy whitelinger

Veteran Member
I don't believe in sin, but if I did I'd probably enjoy most of them. ;)
I do agree though that Christians seem to be way too obsessed with homosexuality while other sins dn't get much of a mention.
I think if Christians spent more time helping their neighbors and less time condemning their neighbors they would be a lot closer to what God intends of them.

sandy whitelinger

Veteran Member
No, your all pretty much wrong. Its from the verse in Matthew 5
[27] You have heard that it was said to them of old: Thou shalt not commit adultery. [28] But I say to you, that whosoever shall look on a woman to lust after her, hath already committed adultery with her in his heart.

You cant masturbate without lusting
Lusting is the problem then.

Walkntune

Cite some examples of these, because the only ones I can think of are where said "Christians" have actively discriminated against people because of their sexuality.
Here is one I was just reading but I will find a list later as there are lawyers all over the nation fighting institutions and different dicriminating cases.

Jennifer Keeton, In Her Own Words |
Here is one and nothing to do with sex.

http://www.sodahead.com/united-states/are-christians-being-discriminated-against/question-69220/

Last edited:

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
There seems to be no clear concensus on whether or not homosexuality is a sin. But even if it is, it's just one in a long list of sins. So why, pray tell, does homosexuality get all the attention? Why aren't some of these other sins the subject of hot debate?

Just an observation, it may be because it is easier to point fingers at the people who are not-us rather than look at the other seven deadly sins which we are likely to have within ourselves.

Though I'm not sure it's quite correct to put homosexuality into the same category as the seven deadly sins. Don't they have different historical origins? Further, isn't the sinful nature of homosexuality in the Bible contended?

A. T. Henderson

R&P refugee
Here is one I was just reading but I will find a list later as there are lawyers all over the nation fighting institutions and different dicriminating cases.

Jennifer Keeton, In Her Own Words |

See, that's exactly what I thought. Jennifer Keeton was required to treat gay people the same as straight people, and she refused to do so. And she lost her case.

News: Legal Loss for Anti-Gay Student - Inside Higher Ed

This isn't about Christians being discriminated against, it's about Christians being ****** off that they're not allowed to discriminate against others based on their religious views.

fallingblood

Agnostic Theist
As far as I know, it really isn't. There are a few things listed (or suggested) as sins in the Bible which involve homosexuality, but only to the extent which the things listed as heterosexual sins involve heterosexuality.

Lust is, supposedly, sinful regardless of whether or not the object of desire is the same gender as you or not. It's the lust, not what it is directed towards, which makes it sin. Every example I've ever seen given by people claiming that homosexuality is intrinsically sinful is actually talking about something else.

The distinction is subtle, particularly since there has been a long-standing cultural taboo against homosexuality, but to the best of my knowledge it's never homosexuality per se which the Bible is talking about: it's invariably some form of lust.

The Bible does talk about homosexuality, but it simply doesn't use the modern term. 1 Chorinthians for example makes it clear that homosexuality is being talked about.

Not saying the Bible is right, but that it does in fact talk about homosexuality.

Walkntune

See, that's exactly what I thought. Jennifer Keeton was required to treat gay people the same as straight people, and she refused to do so. And she lost her case.

News: Legal Loss for Anti-Gay Student - Inside Higher Ed

This isn't about Christians being discriminated against, it's about Christians being ****** off that they're not allowed to discriminate against others based on their religious views.

And this one? Trust me I don't mind that the world turns against Christianity as Jesus already said it would be so.
Are Christians being discriminated against?

fallingblood

Agnostic Theist
Well, as with all sins, it depends on whose definition you read. Thomas Aquinas included six different forms of gluttony in his definition, and eating at McDonalds could easily be interpreted to fall under a couple of them.
Thomas Aquinas doesn't speak for Christianity as a whole. And really, most Christians have no idea who he is. So what every forms he lists is a personal list really.