• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Homosexuality "Sick?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChristineES

Tiggerism
Premium Member
It has always been my belief that sex is between the people doing it. I also believe that if a person is doing something another person does not approve of, they should try to remember that even if it is wrong, it is still the person's decision and no one else can make it for him or her. In other words- mind your own business and let other mind theirs.

Buttons*

Glass half Panda'd
I don't want to see a man and a woman make out, either, but I don't get a sick feeling in my stomach if I do, and I don't worry that seeing it will turn gay children straight. What I mean is, many straight people have reactions to same-sex affection that cannot be explained by mere disinterest.
That probably has more to do with the fact that it's not what, biologically, most people are built for. I feel strange sensations when I see someone who is physically incapable of walking, for instance, but I don't have a problem with handicaps. I don't go out of my way to hurt anyone different than me, but I also can't stop that gut reaction.

Are straight people bad because we have these gut reactions? (Assuming I'm not the only person who experiences this sort of sensation.) Is it any worse than you loving who you love simply because it's instinct for you? Personally, it does make me feel a little weird when I look at two people of the same sex making out, but it's none of my business, and if they're happy, that's awesome.

I don't call the sensation "sick" but it does make me feel weird. I'm sorry I can't help that. *shrug* I have a feeling I'm going to get the verbal **** beat out of me on this forum for being honest.

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
homosexuality is simply not natural. you dont see two alfa males of any species taking it in the you know what. ....

so if youre non religious, forget about god, just go with mother nature.
I just want to be clear here. Your argument is that “homosexuality is wrong because animals don’t do it”. Is that essentially your argument? I just want clarification.

tumbleweed41

Resident Liberal Hippie
forget about religion, and forget about our ever changing morality. homosexuality is simply not natural. you dont see two alfa males of any species taking it in the you know what. sorry for that visual. but you get my point.

reproduction is only possible with masculine and feminine interaction(in a vast majority of cases in nature)

oh, forgot to mention, but i sure dont mind watching two pretty ladies make out.... i know, im a hypocrit, but only because in my masculinity id rather see a second pretty woman take the place of the dude doing the kissing.

Actually, alphas in some primate groups do engage in homosexual activity. (Chimpanzee and Bonobo for example) And the same goes for females in those groups.

Do you assume sex is only for reproduction? Do you engage in sex only in the hopes that you will have offspring? If not, what you are doing is "unnatural".

You don't have to be religious to be intolerant.
Edit: not meant to be an insult to the religious.

Nanda

Polyanna
I think it's a case that somehow straight people might be influenced to suddenly become gay and the world will come to an end.....I couldn't care less about homosexuality, but I do get a quiver in my stomach when I see guys kissing.....and what's with all the mincing about? Just me......

Heh... I get a quiver when I see guys kissing, too, but it ain't in my stomach. *waggles eyebrows*

Smoke

Done here.
Are straight people bad because we have these gut reactions?
Not all straight people have them. Again, I think there's more at work than just disinterest. The comparison to handicapped people and the reference to what people are biologically "built for" seem, to me, to indicate some discomfort with same-sex affection.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
forget about religion, and forget about our ever changing morality. homosexuality is simply not natural. you dont see two alfa males of any species taking it in the you know what. sorry for that visual. but you get my point.

reproduction is only possible with masculine and feminine interaction(in a vast majority of cases in nature)

oh, forgot to mention, but i sure dont mind watching two pretty ladies make out.... i know, im a hypocrit, but only because in my masculinity id rather see a second pretty woman take the place of the dude doing the kissing.

This is hilarious!!! Thanks for the laughs!!!

Smoke

Done here.
I think that "making out" and such things belong in private, no matter who is doing it.
I agree. However, I do see opposite-sex couples making out in public from time to time, and it doesn't make me sick or uncomfortable. ;)

I can't imagine why anybody would have a problem with two people of either sex holding hands, though, or kissing affectionately (like a goodbye kiss, for instance). The problem is in the mind of the beholder.

tumbleweed41

Resident Liberal Hippie
National Geographic said:
The bonobo, an African ape closely related to humans, has an even bigger sexual appetite. Studies suggest 75 percent of bonobo sex is nonreproductive and that nearly all bonobos are bisexual. Frans de Waal, author of Bonobo: The Forgotten Ape, calls the species a "make love, not war" primate. He believes bonobos use sex to resolve conflicts between individuals.

Hmmmm.......

Buttons*

Glass half Panda'd
Not all straight people have them. Again, I think there's more at work than just disinterest. The comparison to handicapped people and the reference to what people are biologically "built for" seem, to me, to indicate some discomfort with same-sex affection.
Maybe, but it's not my *fault* that I get that. Just like it's not that kids fault he's handicapped, or your fault you love men. Maybe the only reason you are somewhat comfortable with straight people kissing is because you have seen it so much in all types of media around you. This conditions you to get used to the idea. I didnt' grow up around a lot of people who were homosexual and kissed.

I do think that it has to do with your surroundings and biology. If something doesn't fall into my biological idea of fitness, maybe I feel awkward and strange, but why is this wrong? Why is it wrong if I don't hate homosexuals? Why is it wrong if I dont' commit hate crimes? What is wrong with having that feeling?

Riverwolf

Amateur Rambler / Proud Ergi
Premium Member
I don't want to see a man and a woman make out, either, but I don't get a sick feeling in my stomach if I do, and I don't worry that seeing it will turn gay children straight. What I mean is, many straight people have reactions to same-sex affection that cannot be explained by mere disinterest.

I never said I got sick to my stomach. I just don't want to see it.

Smoke

Done here.
I do think that it has to do with your surroundings and biology. If something doesn't fall into my biological idea of fitness, maybe I feel awkward and strange, but why is this wrong? Why is it wrong if I don't hate homosexuals? Why is it wrong if I dont' commit hate crimes? What is wrong with having that feeling?
I'm not saying you're a bad person, Buttons, but I do think things like this reveal a bias that is not good. For instance, why do you imagine you're more biologically fit than Amy?

Buttons*

Glass half Panda'd
I'm not saying you're a bad person, Buttons, but I do think things like this reveal a bias that is not good.
Are all biases not good? Should I have no bias towards anything ever? I try not to, but then, a gut instinct isnt' a bias, it's a gut instinct.

For instance, why do you imagine you're more biologically fit than Amy?
Well, since you've been so kind as to put those words in my mouth, I'll go ahead and respond:

Firstly, what I THINK and how my gut REACTS are two different things. I don't think I'm any better than anyone else, but I was attempting to try and explain a reaction that I cannot HELP, that does not go away. There is no way to make that go away. I don't really know what it is, but I don't think it's bad so long as I don't THINK that I am better than anyone else, or that anyone else deserves hate based on a gut feeling like that.

Smoke

Done here.
Well, since you've been so kind as to put those words in my mouth, I'll go ahead and respond:

Firstly, what I THINK and how my gut REACTS are two different things. I don't think I'm any better than anyone else, but I was attempting to try and explain a reaction that I cannot HELP, that does not go away. There is no way to make that go away. I don't really know what it is, but I don't think it's bad so long as I don't THINK that I am better than anyone else, or that anyone else deserves hate based on a gut feeling like that.
There's no need to get defensive.

Status
Not open for further replies.