• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

HOMOSEXUALITY: What the Bible Does & Does Not Say

Smoke

Done here.
greatcalgarian said:
What about this:
Exodus 6:20 And Amram took him Jochebed his father's sister to wife; and she bare him Aaron and Moses: and the years of the life of Amram were an hundred and thirty and seven years.

Sin or no sin? As in Leviticus?
18:12 Thou shalt not uncover the nakedness of thy father's sister: she is thy father's near kinswoman. 18:13 Thou shalt not uncover the nakedness of thy mother's sister: for she is thy mother's near kinswoman. 18:14 Thou shalt not uncover the nakedness of thy father's brother, thou shalt not approach to his wife: she is thine aunt. 18:15 Thou shalt not uncover the nakedness of thy daughter in law: she is thy son's wife; thou shalt not uncover her nakedness. 18:16 Thou shalt not uncover the nakedness of thy brother's wife: it is thy brother's nakedness. 18:17 Thou shalt not uncover the nakedness of a woman and her daughter, neither shalt thou take her son's daughter, or her daughter's daughter, to uncover her nakedness; for they are her near kinswomen: it is wickedness. 18:18 Neither shalt thou take a wife to her sister, to vex her, to uncover her nakedness, beside the other in her life time.
What about Abraham himself? Genesis 20.11-12:
And Abraham said, Because I thought, Surely the fear of God is not in this place; and they will slay me for my wife's sake. And yet indeed she is my sister; she is the daughter of my father, but not the daughter of my mother; and she became my wife.

Smoke

Done here.
KitCloud said:
I don't think animals have homosexuale relationships. I do know males will mount another male as a sign of domanice and as far as I know, only Dolphines and I think Octapuses have sex for pleasure. Otherwise it's only for reproduction.
I hate to burst your bubble, but animals only have sex for pleasure. Family planning is unheard of among them.

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
MidnightBlue said:
I hate to burst your bubble, but animals only have sex for pleasure. Family planning is unheard of among them.
From,: http://www.sensualism.com/gay/
Roy and Silo, two chinstrap penguins at the Central Park Zoo in Manhattan, are completely devoted to each other. For nearly six years now, they have been inseparable. They exhibit what in penguin parlance is called "ecstatic behavior": that is, they entwine their necks, they vocalize to each other, they have sex. Silo and Roy are, to anthropomorphize a bit, gay penguins. When offered female companionship, they have adamantly refused it. And the females aren't interested in them, either.

Jaymes

The cake is a lie
KitCloud said:
So that's what I have to go with.
Nobody has to go along with a verse that says to kill gays. Unless you have an alternate explanation for they shall surely be put to death, their blood will be upon them.

Lindsey-Loo

Steel Magnolia
The most beautiful word in the Gospel of Jesus Christ is "whosoever." All of God's promises are intended for every human being. This includes gay men and lesbians.
This is absolutely right. God's word is for everyone. But we have to realize that God lays down certain rules, and people who break these rules or disregard them are not going to Heaven. The New Testament condemns homosexuality. Just like it condemns drunkeness, lying, etc. etc. People who willingly participate in sinful activities and do not ask forgivness are not going to Heaven. And that's the bottom line. See the following sermon for more info:

http://www.franklinchurchofchrist.com/sermons/date/2004/htm/20040404AM.htm

Lindsey-Loo

Steel Magnolia
Lev 20:13
If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood [shall be] upon them.
As Christians, we no longer follow the laws of the Old Testament. Jesus brought us the new law, the New Testament. And I can guarantee you won't find anything like that in the NT.

Mike182

Flaming Queer
Christiangirl0909 said:
This is absolutely right. God's word is for everyone. But we have to realize that God lays down certain rules, and people who break these rules or disregard them are not going to Heaven. The New Testament condemns homosexuality. Just like it condemns drunkeness, lying, etc. etc. People who willingly participate in sinful activities and do not ask forgivness are not going to Heaven. And that's the bottom line. See the following sermon for more info:

http://www.franklinchurchofchrist.com/sermons/date/2004/htm/20040404AM.htm
so by technicality, i could live my gay lifestyle, but then repent for it seconds before i die, and i can go to heaven

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
Mike182 said:
so by technicality, i could live my gay lifestyle, but then repent for it seconds before i die, and i can go to heaven
As long as you mean it, of course. I personally believe that you can repent for it after your death. God wants heaven to be crowded!;)

BTW Lovely posts ChristianGirl.

Mike182

Flaming Queer
michel said:
As long as you mean it, of course. I personally believe that you can repent for it after your death. God wants heaven to be crowded!;)
yea, i was just arguing the technicalities, i would not repent for my lifestyle when i don't see it as being a sin to love someone :eek:

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
Mike182 said:
yea, i was just arguing the technicalities, i would not repent for my lifestyle when i don't see it as being a sin to love someone :eek:
I agree, personally, though as you know, many won't.;)

godfree1

Christiangirl0909 said:
God's word is for everyone.
I don't believe in perpetually silent gods, particularly the Christian version. Nothing is more real to me than the homophobic scrawl of ignorant, religious, superstitious human beings. Now, there's something I can believe in.

But we have to realize that God lays down certain rules, and people who break these rules or disregard them are not going to Heaven.
People lay down and break or disregard "certain rules", not the non-existent gods they dream up to believe in. I was welcomed into heaven for a couple of hours last night, and I had a great time. I cherish every second I can spend in the absence of homophobes and the religiously based homophobia they perpetuate.

The New Testament condemns homosexuality.
I condemn homophobia.

Just like it condemns drunkeness, lying, etc. etc.
I'd have you tell my heterosexual Christian father all about "drunken[n]ess, lying, etc.[,] etc.", but he's as dead as the idol he believed in.

People who willingly participate in sinful activities and do not ask forgivness are not going to Heaven.
Since I am a proud, practicing, unapologetic atheist homosexual who actually went to heaven for awhile just last night, that is an outright lie.

And that's the bottom line.
You're sadly mistaken; see the above.

See the following sermon for more info:
I want less religious information available to all of us, not more.

Deut 13:1

michel said:
Maize, I'm sure you know that to some people, the Bible is 'as is'; Take it or leave it. One thing I had never understood, until I joined the forum was the 'God created all we know in seven days' - no one had ever taught me that each day was a thousand years, in God's eyes.
I don't know if I missed out on Theology at school because of my circumstances, but I do not believe that there is - here in England anyway - enough scope to let those children who want to learn about Theology do so.:)
Why does it make a difference??? if one day of creation = 1000 earth years, then 1000x7 = 7000 + 5765.

So what's the difference in your expert opinion between 12,000 and 6,000

wmam

I am sitting here at my desk in front of my computer at a lose for anything at all to type..............

I mean I am so amazed at all that I have read through this entire thread that I am completely speechless.............

The only thing that comes to mind that hasn't really been brought up, and if it has I missed it completely, is either a question or after forming a thought by what has thus been said, merely a statement..............

Some believe that all you need is love while others say faith which goes hand in hand with belief. Most say both. As most Christians I know, and as I was raised to believe, will tell you that as long as you believe that Jesus died for you and for your sins and that He was the only begotten Son of God that was born of a virgin then you are saved. I also say that we are no longer under the law. That the law was nailed to the cross. That really there is no more sin as long as you believe in Christ. .................

One then would have to make the leap that Homosexuality would be just fine for those that had the right belief.......................

I mean how can we be saved by faith alone if we are in fact still under some law. Which the transgression of is considered sin. How can there be sin if it was done away with?

Things that make you go ummmmmmmmmmm.................

KitCloud

jeffrey said:
KC, I'm not a big fan of the O.T. as far as trying to live my life by that. What did Jesus say are the to laws you should follow? Love God, Love everyone else. There is not an exception to that anywhere spoken by Christ. Show me one thing spoken by Christ that states being gay is a sin? God created all men (and women)equally. Christ says love everyone. Judge no one. ;)
Mmm, I'ld have to look up and see if Jesus said anything about the says anywhere in the NT or not. But true, God is the final Judge on all things.

If ya ask my mom, who is very religous and has the Holy Ghost, she would say it is a sin and there is a demonic spirit of Homosexuality which is linked to Witchcraft.

But that doesn't make her right, it's just as she believe and God will be the ultamite judge.

KitCloud

MidnightBlue said:
Is that animels locked in a pen or free to roam in the wild?

No, I don't think animels sit around talking about having children or practicing safe sex or anything like that. Nor do I see female animels who get pregent go to have an abortion or try to force themselves to have a miscarrage.

I don't go around following animels in the wild, but alot of people do and I never heard any reports about animels having sex just because they feel like it. Almost every animel in the wild only mates with a another when in heat.

KitCloud

Jensa said:
Nobody has to go along with a verse that says to kill gays. Unless you have an alternate explanation for they shall surely be put to death, their blood will be upon them.
I'm not suggesting people do go out and kill gay people. Some of my best friends are gay and there really nice people.

But it is up to God to judge them and I believe it is he whole will do that, not in the phsyical but in the spirital.

Like it or not, but God is the ultamite Judge of Mankind (Male or Female or Other *Remembers there was a big debat in England about that. Some felt "Male and Female" was discrimitory against TS\TVs*) and nothing we can say or debt or argue about while change God's mind in the end.

jamaesi

To Save A Lamb
quot-bot-right.gif
This is absolutely right. God's word is for everyone. But we have to realize that God lays down certain rules, and people who break these rules or disregard them are not going to Heaven. The New Testament condemns homosexuality. Just like it condemns drunkeness, lying, etc. etc.
It also says that women should never speak in a church and have to cover their hair or cut it off.

But it's okay to ignore that part, right? It doesn't let you discriminate against those who are different.

All the things against homosexuality in the NT were from Paul who was sure Jesus would return in his lifetime and was against the institution of marriage and, as many scholars believe, a closet homosexual.