• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Honest opinions from Christians please

starlite

Texasgirl
Yes, and everything I stated was a response to your posts. What's your point?

Just because I disagree with something doesn't mean I don't know about it...sound familiar? What I highlighted in red was from your comment to me. Based on your way of thinking then, we can agree that I am "not" ignorant.

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
Just because I disagree with something doesn't mean I don't know about it...sound familiar? What I highlighted in red was from your comment to me. Based on your way of thinking then, we can agree that I am "not" ignorant.

It's not because you disagree, star, but because you said
Fair enough....I do choose to be ignorant according to the world's standard
YOU told us that not only are YOU ignorant, but YOU choose to remain that way. I find that very sad.

Now you're saying that you are "not" ignorant.

I find this happens frequently with a certain type of Christian here at RF. They claim A, and later in the same discussion, claim not A. So do you choose to remain ignorant, or are you not ignorant? Which? According to the generally accepted meaning of the word, I mean. In particular, do you know what the actual Theory of Evolution says? Do you actually understand it? Or do you reject it without bothering to learn what it is?

Last edited:

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
I realize that this thread isn't in the Same Faith Debates forum, but I can't help but wonder about the non-Christians who feel they have to weigh in on an issue that was CLEARLY (for anyone with more than two brain cells) directed to Christians: Honest opinions from Christians please.

Last edited:

starlite

Texasgirl
It's not because you disagree, star, but because you said YOU told us that not only are YOU ignorant, but YOU choose to remain that way. I find that very sad.

Now you're saying that you are "not" ignorant.

I find this happens frequently with a certain type of Christian here at RF. They claim A, and later in the same discussion, claim not A. So do you choose to remain ignorant, or are you not ignorant? Which? According to the generally accepted meaning of the word, I mean. In particular, do you know what the actual Theory of Evolution says? Do you actually understand it? Or do you reject it without bothering to learn what it is?

I believe you would do well to read what is actually written in my post and not twist it to satisfy your needs. I have not changed anything. I choose to be ignorant to the world's way of thinking. I do know the Theory of Evolution and completely understand it and choose not to believe it. Is that plain enough?

starlite

Texasgirl
*hands Starlite an Academy Award*

images

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
I believe you would do well to read what is actually written in my post and not twist it to satisfy your needs.
Not only did I read what was written in your posts, I cut and pasted it directly from your posts.
I have not changed anything. I choose to be ignorant to the world's way of thinking. I do know the Theory of Evolution and completely understand it and choose not to believe it. Is that plain enough?
Really? That's interesting. So your posts that completely distort it are what--lies?

tumbleweed41

Resident Liberal Hippie
I realize that this thread isn't in the Same Faith Debates forum, but I can't help but wonder about the non-Christians who feel they have to weigh in on an issue that was CLEARLY (for anyone with more than two brain cells) directed to Christians: Honest opinions from Christians please.
You do realize that many Christians would not consider your faith christian. Many christian denominations still consider LDS and Mormonism a cult.
Christians have answered the OP, and others have weighed in. Such is the way of forums, especially those threads posted in Science vs Religion.
And I am sure that those who weigh in on the side of science have more than two brain cells.

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
You do realize that many Christians would not consider your faith christian. Many christian denominations still consider LDS and Mormonism a cult.
And that's entirely beside the point. The question was posed to Christians, and those who consider themselves to be Christians would be expected to respond.

Christians have answered the OP, and others have weighed in. Such is the way of forums, especially those threads posted in Science vs Religion.
I realize that, but the individual who started the thread was clearly interested in hearing how Christians would respond. There are always numerous threads on this and related topics where people of all religions or of no religion are more than welcome to weigh in. I just don't understand the compulsion some people have to basically say, "I know you're not interested in my opinion on this particular topic, but here it is anyway."

And I am sure that those who weigh in on the side of science have more than two brain cells.
Evidently not when it comes to recognizing that their non-Christian opinions are inappropriate to the debate. Besides, you're assuming that all Christians are going to reject the findings of science, whereas many of us don't do that at all. And that's why the author of the OP wanted to hear from Christians only!

tumbleweed41

Resident Liberal Hippie
Evidently not when it comes to recognizing that their non-Christian opinions are inappropriate to the debate. Besides, you're assuming that all Christians are going to reject the findings of science, whereas many of us don't do that at all. And that's why the author of the OP wanted to hear from Christians only!

I never assumed such a thing. Again, this is posted in science vs. religion, not same faith, or Christianity (as you noted). Why do you feel threatened by non-christian opinions?

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
I never assumed such a thing. Again, this is posted in science vs. religion, not same faith, or Christianity (as you noted). Why do you feel threatened by non-christian opinions?
Threatened? :biglaugh:Oh please! What on earth would lead you to believe I feel threatened? For the record, I do not believe the following:

Mankind is around 4000-6000 years old.
Noah's flood was global.
The sun goes up and down.

Why would I feel threatened by people who share my opinions?

tumbleweed41

Resident Liberal Hippie
Threatened? :biglaugh:Oh please! What on earth would lead you to believe I feel threatened? For the record, I do not believe the following:

Mankind is around 4000-6000 years old.
Noah's flood was global.
The sun goes up and down.

Why would I feel threatened by people who share my opinions?
I do not know, you were the one protesting their presence on this thread. Insulting them with your "two brain cells" remark.
:shrug:

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
I do not know, you were the one protesting their presence on this thread. Insulting them with your "two brain cells" remark.
:shrug:
All I was doing was asking why non-Christians would feel the need to weigh in on a thread that was clearly intended for Christians only. Regardless of which forum the thread is in, it doesn't take a vast amount of intelligence to stop and think, "Hmmm. I'm not a Christian. Maybe I should just sit this one out."

RemnanteK

Seeking More Truth
All I was doing was asking why non-Christians would feel the need to weigh in on a thread that was clearly intended for Christians only. Regardless of which forum the thread is in, it doesn't take a vast amount of intelligence to stop and think, "Hmmm. I'm not a Christian. Maybe I should just sit this one out."

Clearly some people just like to argue.
If I didn't have the joy God brings me I too would probably spend my day trying to make other feel as empty as me.
Lucky for me it will take more than Man's words to shake my relationship with God. :D

Draka

Wonder Woman

Why shouldn't non-Christians be able to come into a thread entitled "honest opinions from Christians please" and ask their questions? I mean, isn't that pretty much the point of the thread? To get responses from Christians? If non-Christians aren't allowed in then who, exactly, would be asking the Christians for their answers and opinions anyway?

Charity

Let's go racing boys !
Why shouldn't non-Christians be able to come into a thread entitled "honest opinions from Christians please" and ask their questions? I mean, isn't that pretty much the point of the thread? To get responses from Christians? If non-Christians aren't allowed in then who, exactly, would be asking the Christians for their answers and opinions anyway?
Draka honey don't you know that we (the Christians) don't agree with each other anyway so I'm sure that we can always find something to disagree or question each other on anyway.....:D......
I mean see as Tumbleweed said some of the Christians don't recogzize other denominations as Christians, see like I said we can always find a good argument among ourselves.....:rolleyes:.........After all being judgmental and self righteous is the trademark of a good Christian.......:foot:

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
I don't have a problem with non-Christians reading the posts on the thread. It's just that when the OP requested opinions "from Christians," that's what it seems to me that the thread's author wanted -- opinions from Christians. Technically, anyone and everyone can respond since the thread is not in the Same Faith Debates (which the author of the OP may not have even realized existed). But I don't think he actually wanted "everyone's opinions" or he wouldn't have asked for "opinions from Christians." What am I missing here?