• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How are these Great Beings explained?

TransmutingSoul

One Planet, One People, Please!
Premium Member
Hmmm? So was Jesus' teachings perfect? And how long before they got all messed up... because of imperfect people?

The doctrine of the Trinity was a big decline. Splitting Faith over disagreements is also a decline.

This in AD622 God sent Muhammad, the chance was lost for Chrisianity to make right the wrong doctrine. Winter then set in for Christianity and the Spring of the New Day ushered in by Muhammad brought great progress once again.

Regards Tony

siti

What Baha'u'llah offers shows the Truth in all Faiths, far different from a Fundamantal view of trying to prove that One Faith is the only path and all other Messages are wrong.

The doctrine of the Trinity was a big decline. Splitting Faith over disagreements is also a decline.

This in AD622 God sent Muhammad, the chance was lost for Chrisianity...

Tony this is priceless - can you seriously not see the inconsistency (not to say hypocrisy) in your statements? I really don't mean to be rude and you guys all seem like nice people but this ability to speak out of both sides of the mouth really has to be called when you do it in a debate forum.

TransmutingSoul

Premium Member
Right! I wasn't quite on your wavelength earlier - but I definitely agree that there's nothing inherently wrong with diversity

What can I say to these comments, Unity in Diversity is what is offered.

I offer no more as it gets twisted around put out of context them thrown back against what was said.

Regards to all Tony

TransmutingSoul

Premium Member

Tony this is priceless - can you seriously not see the inconsistency (not to say hypocrisy) in your statements? I really don't mean to be rude and you guys all seem like nice people but this ability to speak out of both sides of the mouth really has to be called when you do it in a debate forum.

Yes it was priceless. I am happy you call it as you see fit to do so.

Regards Tony

siti

What can I say to these comments, Unity in Diversity is what is offered.

I offer no more as it gets twisted around put out of context them thrown back against what was said.

Regards to all Tony
Tony - its a debate forum - you can't just expect everyone to agree with an unfounded or inadequately developed argument. "Unity in diversity" is just a slogan and your previous post about the chance having been lost for Christianity - and precisely because of the doctrinal diversity of Christianity (which is what you are really saying) - simply underlines the fact that the slogan is empty of genuine power. There's no conciliation or meeting of minds in that position - by definition, it simply alienates about a quarter of the human population (all the Christian trinitarians - at the very least) from the Baha'i "unity". And that, as far as I can recall, has been the issue for most of these 580 pages of discussion and you have neither shifted position nor established an explanation as to how that kind of "unity" could actually work as a genuine universal faith. Our little side discussion was trying to find the positive aspects of religion we could (perhaps) all agree on - not a list of what we each have to give up if we want to be considered part of the "unified" religious community.

Last edited:

TransmutingSoul

Premium Member
Note the very last phrasing. It says "of which prophets have told and poets sung" In other words it says that these concepts were had already been sung about and foreseen. It is admitting that the concepts have been around, and yet at the same time it's all new?

Sorry, that's just contradictory right there.

Sorry you have missundertood what is said.

This is most likely because you do not follow Prophecy.

They Told and Sung of this day, the day of the Message of Baha'u'llah. Not the detail of the Message, but to the Glory of this Time.

Regards Tony

TransmutingSoul

Premium Member
Tony - its a debate forum - you can't just expect everyone to agree with an unfounded or inadequately developed argument. "Unity in diversity" is just a slogan and your previous post about the chance having been lost for Christianity - and precisely because of the doctrinal diversity of Christianity (which is what you are really saying) - simply underlines the fact that the slogan is empty of genuine power. There's no conciliation or meeting of minds in that position - by definition, it simply alienates about a quarter of the human population (all the Christian trinitarians - at the very least) from the Baha'i "unity". And that, as far as I can recall, has been the issue for most of these 580 pages of discussion and you have neither shifted position nor established an explanation as to how that kind of "unity" could actually work as a genuine universal faith. Our little side discussion was trying to find the positive aspects of religion we could (perhaps) all agree on - not a list of what we each have to give up if we want to be considered part of the "unified" religious community.

I guess you have just realised why the Christains rejected Muhammad, how dare He claim a God Given Message that corrects their doctrine.

Sometimes in life we have to make the hard choices. It is a gift to be faced with them.

Yes I have not given how it would work. I have pointed to the Writings of Baha'u'llah who has showed how it will work.

Thus that is where I do leave it. I have nothing to offer of my own.

I wish you always well.

Regards Tony

siti

I guess you have just realised why the Christains rejected Muhammad, how dare He claim a God Given Message that corrects their doctrine.
Again you make my point for me. Of course that's why Christians reject Islam - and why Islam rejects both Christianity and the Baha'i faith...and why Baha'u'llah rejected all the religions that went before him (including Babism and Islam it should be pointed out) whilst at the same time claiming to "unite" them. And the current Baha'i position would presumably be "how dare anyone correct Baha'i doctrine". Or are we to expect another "Manifestation"?

RoaringSilence

The name is Baha'u'llah.

Translated, "The Glory of God", or "Glory of the Lord".

Please consider the respect the name deserves.

His own person is proof enough.

Regards Tony
i do it on purpose , i never say /spell islam's prophet name correctly either. because you never know when an offence can get you beheaded.

siti

i do it on purpose , i never say /spell islam's prophet name correctly either. because you never know when an offence can get you beheaded.
Well you could have chosen something a bit less likely to cause offense in that case...I honestly just thought you didn't know how to spell :p

RoaringSilence

His own person is proof enough.

Regards Tony
how , give me evidence with details of how does one determine , what powers of god did he display , was there parting of oceans or magical wine manifesting in empty casks or free fish and bread ..or a text he wrote that cannot be replicated ..did he fly on donkey , did he split the moon in twain.

TransmutingSoul

Premium Member
how , give me evidence.

This is all I now give you as I say farewell to you and wish you well, it is from Baha'u'llah;

"..This is not a Cause which may be made a plaything for your idle fancies, nor is it a field for the foolish and faint of heart. By God, this is the arena of insight and detachment, of vision and upliftment, where none may spur on their chargers save the valiant horsemen of the Merciful, who have severed all attachment to the world of being."

God bless, goodbye - Kind Regards Tony

TransmutingSoul

Premium Member
Again you make my point for me. Of course that's why Christians reject Islam - and why Islam rejects both Christianity and the Baha'i faith...and why Baha'u'llah rejected all the religions that went before him (including Babism and Islam it should be pointed out) whilst at the same time claiming to "unite" them. And the current Baha'i position would presumably be "how dare anyone correct Baha'i doctrine". Or are we to expect another "Manifestation"?

We are what we offer in Life.

If we offer injustice, we are injust.

If we offer naught but Justice and Truth, we are Justice and Truth.

Regards Tony

RoaringSilence

This is all I now give you as I say farewell to you and wish you well, it is from Baha'u'llah;

"..This is not a Cause which may be made a plaything for your idle fancies, nor is it a field for the foolish and faint of heart. By God, this is the arena of insight and detachment, of vision and upliftment, where none may spur on their chargers save the valiant horsemen of the Merciful, who have severed all attachment to the world of being."

God bless, goodbye - Kind Regards Tony
well thanks much and i wish you well too .
don't feel compelled to answer my posts , leave it for other baha's to tackle coz im far from done . haven't got any satisfactory answers , and by asking questions in whichever fashion i deem fit with a purpose to jolt and awaken people .. without these shocks all i get is vague answers for serious questions , infact never the correct answers , just reactions.

anyway i carry my style coz i think its necessary.

BTW if that video ticked you off and broke your vibe , its a small taste of reality of the actual modern world .. your religion is far from what the modern world is , and your reaction is the reason of your failures to come.

Last edited:

RoaringSilence

Ask them why din't baha'ullah leave the details of the NEXT MANIFESTATION , if they ve been collecting Prophecy of the next manifestation from other religions .. why din't he leave the exact date and time and the details for the manifestation after baha'ullah , maybe he is trying to claim the throne of being the last prophet too.

TransmutingSoul

Premium Member

The point made is not supportive of the view you offered in return.

A Baha'i following the Guidance of Baha'u'llah are with no doubt the Lovers of all Gods Manifestations without preference, without any predudice. A Love backed by an unbreakable Spirit to uphold the integrity of them all, an unyielding resolve to source the Truth spoken by them all, by study of the original scriptures attributed to them.

That Baha'u'llah has rasied such a new race of people logically dictates if this cause be false, then no other cause gone before can be called the path to Truth either. It is the Truth or it is not.

This is not a time to sit on the fence.

Abdul'baha as a young boy of about 12 said it well when He took over the duties to greet all Baha'u'llahs visitors and determine if they were to see Baha'u'llah. Upon His door he put this sign;

“Those who come for information may apply within,” it read, but, “those who come only because of curiosity had better stay away.”

On his father’s door he hung another. “Those who are searching for God,” it said, “come and come and come.”

Regards Tony

Sen McGlinn

When we do look at His Life from a very young age,a person will note that the time required to do any study, to be so well versed in every subject, was extremely limited. Thus in the end we have to determine where the majority of this knowledge came from.

Regards Tony

Baha'u'llah's Tablet of the Banu Qurayza tells us two relevant things: he was reading a multi-volume erudite work of Islamic history in Arabic when he was about 12 years old, and he did not know about the events that led to the execution of the Banu Qurayza men until he read them there, and it came as an enormous shock to him. So on the one hand we have a precocity that goes beyond genius, and on the other hand dependence on sources for his knowledge of this world. This is confirmed later by his remark in the Iqan that he needed to consult a certain book.

One other factor to consider is telephathy. I've experienced this myself once as a child. There are quite a few stories in which Baha'u'llah and the Bab appear to know what is going on in someone's mind, which might be deduction, but I don't rule out the possibility that they grabbed current knowledge from the noosphere or from particular individuals, which is what I experienced.

TransmutingSoul

Premium Member
Baha'u'llah's Tablet of the Banu Qurayza tells us two relevant things: he was reading a multi-volume erudite work of Islamic history in Arabic when he was about 12 years old, and he did not know about the events that led to the execution of the Banu Qurayza men until he read them there, and it came as an enormous shock to him. So on the one hand we have a precocity that goes beyond genius, and on the other hand dependence on sources for his knowledge of this world. This is confirmed later by his remark in the Iqan that he needed to consult a certain book.

One other factor to consider is telephathy. I've experienced this myself once as a child. There are quite a few stories in which Baha'u'llah and the Bab appear to know what is going on in someone's mind, which might be deduction, but I don't rule out the possibility that they grabbed current knowledge from the noosphere or from particular individuals, which is what I experienced.

Thank you Sen, I was happy to see you here on these Forums.

I see this in the writings from time to time and see it reflected in the Dual Station as explained by Baha'u'llah. The Word of God and matters of the Spirit an open Book to Baha'u'llah when needed.

Also I feel that the mind of man is indeed connected. Abdul'baha also able to connect to minds and know of events yet to, or about to happen.

All the while we know there were things they could not know, as we know Abdul'baha wrote the first part of His Will when the hope for his life was very low.

This world to me now reflects the Mind of man on Humanity as a whole and on the natural world around us.

Regards Tony