• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How can YHWH be the FATHER?

teage

The Bible does not support YHWH as the FATHER. It does however support him as the Adversary.

He lied to Adam and Eve.

Adam and Eve could hear YHWH moving about so they hid.

YHWH could not find Adam and Eve?

Adam and Eve come out from hiding to greet YHWH. It doesn't specifically say, but one can gather that it was face to face. Jesus says more than once that no man has seen the FATHER.

Jacob seen YHWH face to face, even wrestled him. Again, Jesus says more than once no man has seen the FATHER.

Moses has talked to YHWH face to face, as a friend. That is pretty clear no metaphor needed. Again, Jesus says more than once that no man has seen the FATHER.

They asked Jesus the FATHER'S name. He does not tell them. Jesus says we don't speak the FATHERS name as it is holy(pure). Jesus says that even he does not speak his FATHER'S name. So who is this YHWH?

The FATHER is Holy, he is without sin, YHWH is by his own words a jealous God, and angry, and murderous.

YHWH says with his own words in
Hosea 13:8 I will fall upon them like a bear robbed of her cubs; I will tear open their breast, and there I will devour them like a lion, as a wild beast would rip them open.

Revelation 13:2 And the beast that I saw was like a leopard; its feet were like a bear's, and its mouth was like a lion's mouth. And to it the dragon gave his power and his throne and great authority.
I believe Revelation 13:2 speaks for itself.

Last edited:

The Bible does not support YHWH as the FATHER.
Yes it does.

For example:

Now while the Pharisees were gathered together, Jesus asked them a question, saying, “What do you think of the Christ? Whose son is he?” They said to him, “Of David.” He said to them, “How then does David in the Spirit call him Lord, saying, ‘The Lord (=YHWH) said to my Lord (=Adonai), sit on my right hand, until I make your enemies a footstool for your feet’? “If then David calls him Lord, how is he his son?”
Matt. 22:41-45 (Ps. 110:1)

He lied to Adam and Eve.
No He didn't.

Bible shows YHWH found them.
Jacob seen YHWH face to face, even wrestled him. Again, Jesus says more than once no man has seen the FATHER.
I recommend to read the whole scripture. It shows the wrestler was a man.
Moses has talked to YHWH face to face, as a friend. That is pretty clear no metaphor needed. Again, Jesus says more than once that no man has seen the FATHER.
Face to face can mean directly. Not necessary that one sees others face.

teage

<yawn>

Where?​

</yawn>
But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die.

Genesis 2:17

They did not die, they went on to live for hundred of years. YHWH also tempted them by planting it there in the first place. At the time, Adam and Eve had the mentality of a toddler. They didn't even know they were naked.

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die.

Genesis 2:17

They did not die, they went on to live for hundred of years. YHWH also tempted them by planting it there in the first place. At the time, Adam and Eve had the mentality of a toddler. They didn't even know they were naked.

You are making a faith claim based on a translation. As I've posted elsewhere, there is no "in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die" in the Hebrew text.

But Robert Alter offers:

But from the tree of knowledge, good and evil, you shall not eat, for on the day you eat from it, you are doomed to die.​

noting ...

16-17. surely eat ... doomed to die. The form of the Hebrew in both instances is what grammarians call the infinite absolute: the infinitive followed by a conjugated form of the same verb. The general effect of this repetition is to add emphasis to the verb, but because in the case the verb "to die" it is the pattern regularly used in the Bible for issuing death sentences, "doomed to die" is an appropriate equivalent.​

teage

You are making a faith claim based on a translation. As I've posted elsewhere, there is no "in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die" in the Hebrew text.
Not faith based, I'm reading it for what it says. I do understand that the translation isn't perfect, but that is why I'm here. Based on what you have told me I will research it further. Thank you for the information.

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
The Bible does not support YHWH as the FATHER. It does however support him as the Adversary.

He lied to Adam and Eve.

Adam and Eve come out from hiding to greet YHWH. It doesn't specifically say, but one can gather that it was face to face. Jesus says more than once that no man has seen the FATHER.

They asked Jesus the FATHER'S name. He does not tell them. Jesus says we don't speak the FATHERS name as it is holy(pure). Jesus says that even he does not speak his FATHER'S name. So who is this YHWH?

The FATHER is Holy, he is without sin, YHWH is by his own words a jealous God, and angry, and murderous.

YHWH says with his own words in
Hosea 13:8 I will fall upon them like a bear robbed of her cubs; I will tear open their breast, and there I will devour them like a lion, as a wild beast would rip them open.

Revelation 13:2 And the beast that I saw was like a leopard; its feet were like a bear's, and its mouth was like a lion's mouth. And to it the dragon gave his power and his throne and great authority.
I believe Revelation 13:2 speaks for itself.
Okay, so you don't like the Bible. Meh.

FWIW, the New Testament is the Christian Scriptures. Don't expect them to meld with the Tanakh.

Sumadji

The NT actually says: ‘The Lord said to my Lord, sit on my right hand, until I make your enemies a footstool for your feet’ - no mention of YHWH at all.
I think that is about YHWH (The Lord) speaking to David (my Lord) the King in a psalm written by someone else about the divinely bestowed kingship of David?
Psalm 110

soulsurvivor

Premium Member
I think that is about YHWH (The Lord) speaking to David (my Lord) the King in a psalm written by someone else about the divinely bestowed kingship of David?
I don't believe YHWH is mentioned in any of the NT Gospels. I don't know which version you are reading.

soulsurvivor

Premium Member
I'm referring to Psalm 110 which the NT passage is quoting from?
Below is the Psalm from the King James Version. Not a single mention of YHWH:
1728668555648.png