• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How can you be a True Christian™ if you don't take the Eden story literally?

Muffled

Jesus in me
Perhaps because living in a Trump dictatorship would be even more diminished?
I believe Trump is not going to be around long enough to be a dictator but the truth is the media promoted it and Obama started it. The supreme Court has ruled against it on occasion though.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I believe Trump is not going to be around long enough to be a dictator but the truth is the media promoted it and Obama started it. The supreme Court has ruled against it on occasion though.
wait wait wait . . . How did Obama "start it"?

EDIT: Was it because Obama had the audacity to be born in Kenya:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
There is no evidence that Trump developed the disiase but there is plenty of evidence that Biden caused the inflation.
I think that you are confused again. But go ahead, show some of this "evidence'. And while you are at it show why there was inflation, worse inflation in much of Europe, all around the world. How was Biden responsible for that?

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
He signed into law the Car Allowance Rebate System, known colloquially as "Cash for Clunkers" Obama on wikipedia.
Yep, and that produced new cars. That is not "destroying cars" since it incentivized people to spend money on cars that they would not have otherwise spent. Didn't you even read your source?:

"he Car Allowance Rebate System (CARS), colloquially known as "cash for clunkers", was a $3 billion U.S. federal scrappage program intended to provide economic incentives to U.S. residents to purchase a new, more fuel-efficient vehicle when trading in a less fuel-efficient vehicle."

So old inefficient vehicles that polluted excessively were taken off the market and replaced with new ones. Are you not aware of AGW? Sooner or later, and it needs to be sooner, we will have to switch from gasoline powered cars. This was a stop gap program that kept Detroit alive and may have slightly delayed when we have to get rid of internal combustion engines.

You are looking at problems and solutions from a far too shallow viewpoint. When one only skims the surface of complex problems one is almost surely going to be wrong.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
Oddly he did not like the Cash For Clunkers program of Obama. A program that was designed to help the US auto industry and the environment at the same time. It was part of the overall bailout of Detroit.
Yes, and not only do I remember painfully well since I live in the Detroit area. IMO, the bailout was necessary because 1 out of every 6 jobs in the country relate to it. If they went down, we wouldn't be talking about the Great Recession today.

I remember walking by the Renaiisance Center that's the HQ for GM with tears in my eyes wondering if the whole house of cards was going to collapse. Even Paulson, a conservative economist, said we really had no choice but to try and save them.

Bthoth

How did Obama supposedly start it?
Maybe because he did not shut trump down when trump began questioning obama's birth certificate. Trump had too much air time exhibiting utter stupidity.

It's almost like now, as trump was given observance on who should be the next speaker of the house. PONTUS has no business in such matters, before during or after office.

The trump show is over!

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
But stay tuned for coming attractions. :oops:
I have been following the fraud trial in New York. And that could end up being a 'uge thing for Trump. It will cost him at least $250 million, and possibly up to $400 million. He had a gag order that he broke as he ran away from that trial. The arguments of his lawyers are all failing miserably. Oh, and if you wonder about the huge difference in valuations of Mar a Lago, that is where Trump clearly committed fraud. He compares apples to potatoes in his argument. It is valued at the tens of millions by the local tax accessor. And that is because Trump himself complained about an earlier higher assessment and argued successfully to have it lowered. To make it worth less he deeded to the community his ability to develop it further. There were a couple of permanent steps that he took that lowered the value of the property. So when he compares the value of his property to others that can be developed he is openly lying. Which is of course what one expect from him in the first place.

Bthoth

But stay tuned for coming attractions. :oops:
I would LOVE to see a court order to release any person of liability that has signed trump NDA's, NON Disclosure Agreements.

Could you imagine the skeletons that trump has in the closets,s,s,s,s?