• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How can you justify the sheer complexity that evolution would have to evolve?

Hockeycowboy

Witness for Jehovah
Premium Member
So you can't get past your own bias or is it an English comprehension problem?
I think comprehension is your problem…

“abiogenesis, the idea that life arose from nonlife more than 3.5 billion years ago on Earth….”

God is not “nonlife.”

(Incredible.)

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
Since I believe the Bible is the word of God, and I do not believe the theory of evolution as espoused and taught by the majority of those claiming to be scientists, I do not believe the two points (Bible and the theory of evolution) are equal. So let me be clear that this is not misundrestood. I believe the Bible is true and authentic. I do not believe the theory of evolution is true and authentic. Take it as you will. I believe populations with short arms and legs can pass on those genes producing more that are similar. I do not believe that fish evolved in the long run to become humans. Or gorillas. :)
Yes, we know.

Hence the reason the poster said this, "And you are still dancing around the fact you put a much higher standard for evolution than you do your beliefs."

And you've just confirmed it with this post.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
OK so the whole process is orderly in a chaotic way and God can step in at any time or place a do whatever He wants (eg) make land animals from sea creatures, and nobody would be able to say that it was or was not God who did it, except that God has told us what He did and it seems to agree with what science has discovered that has happened.
So you want to invoke God magic. With no evidence of such.
Because .... you want to believe in god?

Last edited:

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
And @YoursTrue & I don’t believe in abiogenesis for that very reason.

Yet you do believe in it, despite that lack of evidence.

Based on bias? I mean, since the evidence isn’t there, it must be bias.
That may be reasonable for now. There is good evidence for natural abiogenesis, but scientists have not solved all of the problems of that.

Of course you believe in a form of abiogenesis too, and that belief is irrational, which sadly indicates that your lack of belief in natural abiogenesis is irrational.

Pogo

“abiogenesis, the idea that life arose from nonlife more than 3.5 billion years ago on Earth….”

God is not “nonlife.”

(Incredible.)
Well here we go again, show us this life-form and some evidence that it can create life as we know it on earth and without special pleading that it had no ancestor? I.e if you are claiming life only comes from life, where did this life-form that is responsible for us come from.

Admit that you hold this special pleading on faith not evidence and I will grant you your position as such, but to insist that you have more than faith is not a rational argument.
(not accepting incredible answers)

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Where?

I find the opposite is true….

1) Jesus’ parable of the wheat and the weeds (Matthew 13:24-43); to determine which ones are wheat and which ones are weeds, requires judgment. (Jesus said both weeds and wheat would exist.)

It does not indicate that Christian would know the difference. That does not help you.
2) Matthew 7:21-23. Jesus’ words about denying some who call him “Lord.”
There you go, those are the verses that show that you cannot judge who is and who is not a Christian, Thank you for saving me the time. You need to read that whole passage starting at Matthew 7 1.
3) 1 Corinthians 5:11-13. (Self-explanatory.)
That at best tells you to get rid of people that are obviously not following God. I was going to ask you if you were a Trump supporter since he is that sort of "Christian". But then I remembered that JW's are not supposed to do politics.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Well here we go again, show us this life-form and some evidence that it can create life as we know it on earth and without special pleading that it had no ancestor? I.e if you are claiming life only comes from life, where did this life-form that is responsible for us come from.

Admit that you hold this special pleading on faith not evidence and I will grant you your position as such, but to insist that you have more than faith is not a rational argument.
(not accepting incredible answers)
I do not think that he realizes that he believes in life from non-life too.

McBell

Admiral Obvious
Well, show where I quote-mined your link. Prove me wrong.

If you can’t, then everyone will know who the liar is.
I said there is a buttload (actual measurement) more evidence for evolution in the link I provided than there is evidence in creationists "GodDidIt".

Your quote mine is where you left out "more evidence for evolution in the link I provided than there is evidence in creationists "GodDidIt""

So your leaving out the part you left out changed the meaning of what you did present.

So your dishonest attempt to 'refute' the buttload (actual measurement) part by leaving out the than is provided by creationists "GodDidIt" is quote mining.

So now not only have I shown your quote mining, every one can see who the liar really is.

Liars For Jesus make it to easy.

McBell

Admiral Obvious

God is not “nonlife.”

(Incredible.)
So god is a life?
Is this in support of life must come from life?

gnostic

The Lost One
I said there is a buttload (actual measurement) more evidence for evolution in the link I provided than there is evidence in creationists "GodDidIt".
True, it equals 2 hogsheads.

I didn’t think of ever using buttload or hogheads as yardsticks for measuring anything. :oops:

I’m just puzzling over whether they will become the new International Standards??? :rolleyes:

John53

I go leaps and bounds
Premium Member
I didn’t think of ever using buttload or hogheads as yardsticks for measuring anything. :oops:

I’m just puzzling over whether they will become the new International Standards??? :rolleyes:

According to Wikipedia it wasn't very accurate, could vary between 450 and 1,060 litres so I'm guessing not. Imagine how disappointed you'd be if you ordered a buttload of beer and only 450 litres turned up.

Pogo

As soon as the Louisiana legislature can get the posters made.
BTW, a buttload is also half a tun.
I'm a little confused though, hogsheads have two cheeks so how many cheeks to the butt?

gnostic

The Lost One
According to Wikipedia it wasn't very accurate, could vary between 450 and 1,060 litres so I'm guessing not. Imagine how disappointed you'd be if you ordered a buttload of beer and only 450 litres turned up.

450 litres of beer…I’d be be drunk after 4 glasses, fall into coma by 10 to 12 glasses :sleeping:…and die of alcohol poisoning by 15, if I could manage that many. :skull:

But 450? :shrug:

of course, if it were light beer…that will screw up my counts! :mad: