• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How can you prove something that is invisible is real?

savethedreams

Do invisible people REALLY exist?

If you look at all the wonderful complexity of how life is beautiful made, can you REALLY say someone invisible made it?

How can that make sense.

Riverwolf

Amateur Rambler / Proud Ergi
Premium Member
Air is invisible. Atoms are invisible. Black holes are invisible. Heat is invisible.

But they can be detected through ways other than sight, or we can see their effects on other things, and thus we know of their existence.

When it comes to invisible people, I would expect us to see some indication that things happen which can only be attributed to an invisible person, like in the old movie "The Invisible Man."

As for God, I don't really see God as a "person" in the same way that a human being is a "person." Rather, God, i.e., Brahman, is the sum total of all that exists.

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
I think it makes a great deal less sense to claim that as a mere human being you or I have any idea of what the Absolute Truth and Reality of the Universe actually is... but perhaps that is neither here nor there.

Kilgore Trout

Misanthropic Humanist

If you look at all the wonderful complexity of how life is beautiful made, can you REALLY say someone invisible made it?

How can that make sense.

As far as I know, there is no evidence that invisible people ever existed. Nor is there any evidence that invisible people made life.

not nom

but visible light, even more so light that is visible to humans, is just such a tiny bit of even just all what we do know about... so why would it be important?

why does god have to be visible? and what about sound, touch, smell? does god have to be magnetic, too?

Gjallarhorn

N'yog-Sothep
Air is invisible. Atoms are invisible. Black holes are invisible. Heat is invisible.

But they can be detected through ways other than sight, or we can see their effects on other things, and thus we know of their existence.

When it comes to invisible people, I would expect us to see some indication that things happen which can only be attributed to an invisible person, like in the old movie "The Invisible Man."

As for God, I don't really see God as a "person" in the same way that a human being is a "person." Rather, God, i.e., Brahman, is the sum total of all that exists.
I feel there might be need for clarification on the "black hole" bit...

How can that make sense.
Our mind is invisible yet no-one argues against it's existence. Our imagination is invisible yet the results of substance from imagination are very beautiful. Wind without debris is invisible yet because we can feel it on our skins we do not argue against it.

Prove Love. you cannot. You can point to results of love not to the feeling of love. Love is invisible yet it is common ground for all humanity. Energy is invisible yet no-one argues against it's existence. Just because you cannot see it with your eyes does not mean it does not exist as I have already demonstrated. Atoms we have yet to 'see' one we know it is there by what it leaves behind-the results of movement. So it is that God exists beyond our ability to imagine God. To describe God is to constrain God, to define and limit God. Perhaps that is why Jesus taught-if you have seen me, you have seen the one who sent me-not as in belief God is human rather as in results in evidence from Jesus' motives-actions.
From a Spiritual point of view this makes sense. God as a human standing over the universe pulling the puppet strings of all of living creation-makes no sense-The Universe as one time begun; no doubt unfolding as it will. God and Humans call this: good.

This is a lawful Universe. All products of these laws within these parameters. We give value attach emotion to objects people, places. WE say what is beautiful-as in trees NAture, Creation, Galaxies all beautiful as we perceive it as such. A people without imagination would not choose a descritpive word as beautiful they would logically state that it is wood fiber, water, tannins-oak tree! it takes a human mind to synthesize chemical information and analysis to a conclusion such as=beautiful. The Spirit within us; as no animal besides human looks at a stream and concludes: 'beautiful'.

heretic

Heretic Knight

How can that make sense.

you said if you look at all the wonderful complixity of how life is beautiful made , can you REALLy say that no one made it ? how can that make sense.

some people are limiting themselves with wath they sense only to believe, it's been a long time ago that science could prove what is not sensible by human. and it still going on this

Me Myself

Back to my username

How can that make sense.

For starters, I must say I don´t at all buy the theory that everything "must" have been made by a creator because otherwise where does it come from. (because then you will need creation for the creator anyways)

Now, I wouldn´t say it is non-sensical to say invisible things affect us. There are wide forms of light that exist and yet cannot be seen by our limited biological capacity in the eyes. We use science to contuosly see things that we were blind of.

As it has been said: atoms are invisible, and they do create all that is now off for now.

So for me the question would be, how can it not make sense? (not saying it is THE ONLY SENSICAL SUGGESTION, just that, well, it is not unreasonable, only unproofed.)

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One

How can that make sense.

there are invisible forces all around us

gravity, the wind, electromagnetism, black holes

of course none of those things have a mind that can think, but they are all evidence that invisible things exist... so why stop at non living things?