• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How can you prove something that is invisible is real?

McBell

Admiral Obvious
Christianity is the ONLY belief by which a person receives God's Holy Spirit. For instance... in Islam they serve Allah. Allah and the God of the Bible are not the same. Ask any muslim and they will tell you that Allah has no son. God of the Bible DOES have a son and that would be Jesus. One can only receive God's Holy spirit by placing their faith in Jesus as their Savior. The moment a person places their faith in Jesus as their Savior, God sends His Holy Spirit to live in that believer, and they are sealed by God's Holy Spirit which means they will never lose their salvation. Ephesians 1:13-14 states it best.
Ephesians 1:13-14

New International Version (NIV)

13 And you also were included in Christ when you heard the message of truth, the gospel of your salvation. When you believed, you were marked in him with a seal, the promised Holy Spirit, 14 who is a deposit guaranteeing our inheritance until the redemption of those who are God’s possession—to the praise of his glory.
So you are betting that your bought into the correct propaganda, right?

Psalm57

So all the Christians who turned atheist and all the Christians who turned to Islam are automatially saved? Great i make that statement tomorrow.
A Christian who understands their position in Christ will not convert to Islam, or atheism. Why would they?

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Do invisible people REALLY exist?
I like to spray them with paint....that way I can watch the painted surface move. But I urge caution....use only water based
products, lest the subject have a bad reaction to hydrocarbons in regular paint. (You don't want an invisible enemy.) How
did I come by this arcane experience, you ask? Tis a regular occurrence for landlords.

Ahh the notion of invisibility, strictly speaking for something to be visible (to us) it has to interact with visible light either by reflecting it, or absorbing it. If it does not poses the ability to interact with light is it effectively invisible. However, things that are truly invisible may still interact with other things which can then be measured.
However this is not what you mean is it? Would it be correct to assume that your question is more in the line with :

"How can you prove something that is seemingly non-existing"

Physics has tried to tackle questions like this multiple times, and the consensus seems to be that they are really really hard to prove! heh

The first thing you want to be doing is to figure out how, whatever it is your trying to prove, interacts with the world. Once you got that down, you can set up an experiment that in theory would show if your "THING" interacts in the predicted fashion. Hence indirectly proving its existence because of its interaction. Worth noting is that you need to keep in mind that you are only proving the interaction, which may later be proved to be caused by something else.

Areas where this line of thinking is applied at the moment, finding the higgs particle, finding the graviton (Heh, we still dont know what causes gravity )

Did this help at all?

Kind regards Mads

McBell

Admiral Obvious
I don't make bets, but I stand on the promises of God. God is reliable. He can be trusted. His word is truth.
But you have made the bet that your chosen deity is the one and only.
You may not have bet money on your chosen deity, but you have bet your soul and after life on your chosen deity being exactly what you think your chosen deity is.