• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How certain are we that Jesus was historical?

Status
Not open for further replies.

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
I don't usually have to. Everybody in my circles is (at least in general) my field and what "science" is (as opposed to the mythical "The Scientific Method". However, I need not hide behind claims (see e.g., here)

I clicked on 'here'...... it took me to a blank page demanding a PIN for entry! Is this bulldust? :D

LegionOnomaMoi

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I clicked on 'here'...... it took me to a blank page demanding a PIN for entry! Is this bulldust? :D

I'm trying to provide a way to access the page without signing up. It's free, but I don't want anybody to have to go through that needless crap particularly as I haven't contributed there for some time. If you google my name it is will come up first (Andrew messing) but that won't get you access to the page describing what I wished (https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Andrew_Messing/reputation)

Last edited:

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
I'm trying to provide a way to access the page without signing up. It's free, but I don't want anybody to have to go through that needless crap particularly as I haven't contributed there for some time. If you google my name it is will come up first (Andrew messing) but that won't get you access to the page describing what I wished.

Fair enough. These things happen.

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
I'm trying to provide a way to access the page without signing up. It's free, but I don't want anybody to have to go through that needless crap particularly as I haven't contributed there for some time. If you google my name it is will come up first (Andrew messing) but that won't get you access to the page describing what I wished (https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Andrew_Messing/reputation)

By just punching your name into google, Researchgate and Harvard links appear, showing some of your work.

LegionOnomaMoi

Veteran Member
Premium Member
By just punching your name into google, Researchgate and Harvard links appear, showing some of your work.

Oh well. Some work is worse than representative work, but that's my fault. Also, due to the forum changes here I can't even post a screen-capture picture in an album. But it matters little. Titles and credentials are meaningless; only the arguments matter.

Bunyip

pro scapegoat
Oh well. Some work is worse than representative work, but that's my fault. Also, due to the forum changes here I can't even post a screen-capture picture in an album. But it matters little. Titles and credentials are meaningless; only the arguments matter.

Indeed. Titles and credentials are meaningless - and yet you attack mine endlessly.

LegionOnomaMoi

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Indeed. Titles and credentials are meaningless - and yet you attack mine endlessly.

Because you started with these and have offered nothing but fallaciously dismissing scholarship as arguments to authority, claims to be an expert in various ways I'm so sick of hearing let alone quoting, etc.

Frankly, I'm sick of trying to act like you present enough worth addressing even for the only sake I ever have: that others might mistake your various claims of expertise and other nonsense with actual knowledge.

Bunyip

pro scapegoat
Because you started with these and have offered nothing but fallaciously dismissing scholarship as arguments to authority, claims to be an expert in various ways I'm so sick of hearing let alone quoting, etc.

Frankly, I'm sick of trying to act like you present enough worth addressing even for the only sake I ever have: that others might mistake your various claims of expertise and other nonsense with actual knowledge.

Maybe read your posts before you click submit. That is illegible.

Prophet

breaking the statutes of my local municipality
Maybe read your posts before you click submit. That is illegible.

Legion takes no issue with Bunyip's lack of credentials, but rather takes issue with Bunyip's near constant dishonesty which includes but is certainly is not limited to Bunyip's proclivity towards inventing fake credentials for himself for the purposes of making fallacious claims of authority in lieu of actual argumentation.

Last edited:

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
Legion takes no issue with Bunyip's lack of credentials, but rather takes issue with Bunyip's near constant dishonesty which includes but is certainly is not limited to Bunyip's proclivity towards inventing fake credentials for himself for the purposes of making fallacious claims of authority in lieu of actual argumentation.

............ very weak post.
........pathetic. :facepalm:

Bunyip

pro scapegoat
............ very weak post.
........pathetic. :facepalm:
*edit*

Sad, and revealing.

Yes of course I dismiss the scholarship as Legion says, I dismiss it because the 'scholarship' is not worth a tinkers cuss. Centuries of fat headed academics posturing and postulating over textual interpretations is no substitute for the missing evidence.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.