• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How Creationism Hurts Chrsitian Colleges—And Their Students

Mohammad Nur Syamsu

This is one of the biggest crocks of garbage I have ever read. There is no argument here--only the merest smears and slanders against people who don't share your scientifically illiterate views.

First, there is NOTHING in evolutionary theory that dictates any prescriptivist doctrine of any kind. So it is unsurprising that your mere assertion to the contrary is backed up by NOTHING in the biological literature regarding natural selection and genetic drift.

Second, it is the merest metaphysical prejudice to suppose that certain configurations matter cannot love or that materialist philosophy, which does not follow from any scientific theory, rejects emotions as in any way insignificant or unreal.

On a related point, the notion that social darwinism follows from evolutionary theory is false. The chains of inference that might relate the two simply don't exist.

As far as I can tell, you are merely parroting religious fundamentalist rhetoric. That's why I have lost interest in your posts.

One just has to interpret the language of natural selection theory as metaphorical, that organisms struggle competitively for reproductive succes, that they would love life, survival, reproduction. If you take it as fact then it is social darwinism. But evolutionists don't care to admit the language is metaphore. There is no place for subjectivity in materialism at all, obviously. The existence of all things material is a matter of fact forced by evidence, not opinion. On a practical level this means in evolutionist colleges emotions are ignored.

outhouse

Atheistically
But evolutionists don't care to admit the language is metaphore.

Factually false.

Facts are compiled and evidence observed.

I question how honest your statement is, provide credible sources to back that up.

. On a practical level this means in evolutionist colleges emotions are ignored.

How honest is that?

Every credible college teaches evolution is fact. Proved sources what you say is true.

Mohammad Nur Syamsu

Factually false.

Facts are compiled and evidence observed.

I question how honest your statement is, provide credible sources to back that up.

How honest is that?

Every credible college teaches evolution is fact. Proved sources what you say is true.

That's whatever. A college is not Christian if it does not teach creationism, how organisms are chosen to be the way they are. With creationism emotions are clearly acknowledged on a subjective basis. With materialism, evolution theory, it all is made to appear to be a matter of fact issue, including emotions.

It is all so exceedingly obvious, materialism is just about facts, creationism validates both fact and opinion. Creationism is by far the best basic generic philosophy for doing science, especially when you consider that students and professors are human beings, not machines, that their emotions should be considered in the practice of running a college.

Mohammad Nur Syamsu

Science is not faith based, nor will it ever be, nor should it ever be.

Bla di bla, and in the meantime your credibility to deal with emotions is nowhere.

Creationism can just as well deal with facts as materialism, because materialism is a subset to creationism. Materialism would be expanded under creationism to include all the facts about how things are chosen in the universe.

These facts may or may not deny evolution theory, but the facts would certainly make evolution theory insignificant.

Anybody would appreciate teaching in an environment where their emotions are acknowledged.

Currently about 50 percent of students at Harvard become seriously depressed during the course of their education. I don't know the figures for other colleges, but there seems to be a general sense of coldheartedness related to higher education as it is. The cause is evolution theory.

The slogan "hell in the highschool" which started the creationist movement in the USA, and succesfully outlawed evilution theory untill the sixties, does not seem farfetched to me at all.

Sapiens

Polymathematician
The slogan "hell in the highschool" which started the creationist movement in the USA, and succesfully outlawed evilution theory untill the sixties, does not seem farfetched to me at all.
I went to school in the 50s and 60s and that's news to me. Are you sure you're not fibbin'?