• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How did Bernie Sanders and his staff come to be so Biblically illiterate

BSM1

What? Me worry?
I'm not as dumb as you seem to think I am with your disparaging posts.
I know fully what the eye of a needle was in biblical times - your still not answering the question.

I never said and/or thought you were dumb; people who make leading statements likes this seem to do to bolster a weak argument.

BSM1

What? Me worry?
How could you possibly know what was really happening in The Temple 2000 years ago?

And if your perception was true, how is that different from modern capitalist banks and credit card providers who also get a cut of most everything, and buy the politicians needed to maximize that cut?
Tom

Duh...there is such a thing as recorded Jewish history besides the Bible. Google is your friend.

BSM1

What? Me worry?

How could you possibly know what was really happening in The Temple 2000 years ago?

And if your perception was true, how is that different from modern capitalist banks and credit card providers who also get a cut of most everything, and buy the politicians needed to maximize that cut?
Tom

It wasnt a gate, because that wasnt around during that time. You couod used it that way, it wouldn't have been understood. In fact, it may not even be referring to a camel but a rope, with some translations to an anchor line. Wither way, they cant pass through the eye of needle, an expression even understood by the Jews and the Talmud, sans gate theory that didn't appear until centuries after the fact.
And the money changers being con men is pure speculation amd has no Biblical support.

Here's my cards, show me yours:

The Money of the Jewish Temple - Ministry Magazine

Jeremiah Ames

Too cool for school?

Bernie's and his staff were so Biblically illiterate they didn't realize it was Jesus explanation of John 3:16 they were perturbed about with their shallow world view understanding. People who don't accept the Son sent from the Father "stand condemned" is exactly from Jesus explanation of John 3:16.

OMG
What are you saying?
If anything, from what I understand of what you’re talking about, Bernie makes far more sense than all the lost souls in Christianity.

Audie

Veteran Member
Too cool for school?

Bernie's and his staff were so Biblically illiterate they didn't realize it was Jesus explanation of John 3:16 they were perturbed about with their shallow world view understanding. People who don't accept the Son sent from the Father "stand condemned" is exactly from Jesus explanation of John 3:16.

How do creos manage such stunning scientific illiteracy?

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Too cool for school?

Biblical illiteracy.....I can relate.

Shad

Veteran Member
Too cool for school?

What exactly did Sanders say?

whirlingmerc

I was waiting for the punchline

Sanders rebuked Wheaton College for holding to those not believing in the Son standing condemned which is precisely the claim Jesus made in John 3:16-18 and of course Wheaton College being an evangelical Christian college who believe Jesus words and require it of all those who teach there stood by that

As did one graduate of Wheaton College who Berie publicly belittled for articulating a plain teaching of Jesus saying no one saying that ifs fit for any government appointment.

Sadly, Bernie would only go that route if he was biblically illiterate and his handlers as well who pushed him to do that. Ironically by doing so Bernie by his own criteria would be unfit for office as he belittled all Bible believing Christians the last 2000 years who believe exactly that.

Shad

Veteran Member
Sanders rebuked Wheaton College for holding to those not believing in the Son standing condemned which is precisely the claim Jesus made in John 3:16-18 and of course Wheaton College being an evangelical Christian college who believe Jesus words and require it of all those who teach there stood by that

As did one graduate of Wheaton College who Berie publicly belittled for articulating a plain teaching of Jesus saying no one saying that ifs fit for any government appointment.

Sadly, Bernie would only go that route if he was biblically illiterate and his handlers as well who pushed him to do that. Ironically by doing so Bernie by his own criteria would be unfit for office as he belittled all Bible believing Christians the last 2000 years who believe exactly that.

Ah yes I heard of this. Either it is his ignorance or his anti-Christian bias showing.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member

Another take on this; please let me know if I've got it right:

- Vought wrote an article that was discriminatory and prejudicial toward Muslims.
- Sanders raised concerns about Vought because of the article.
- you think that Sanders's concerns are invalid because:
1. he ought to have known that Vought was discriminatory and prejudicial to ALL non-Christians, not just Muslims, and
2. this discrimination and prejudice is Biblical, so Christians should get a free pass on it.

Do I understand you correctly?

ecco

Veteran Member
Too cool for school?

Who cares.