• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How did Satan get to the garden of Eden?

sincerly

Well, I don't think so .. "and the Angel of the Lord came down" really suggests to me that angels are "angelic"
ie. not the same as men .. perfect

One thing's for sure .. demons and angels are not physical creatures :)

..this doesn't alter the fact that 'the serpent' is indeed satan.. that's indisputable!

Muhammad_isa, However, in every place where the Hebrew word "malak" is found in the O.T. the English word meaning a heavenly angel is not applicable. It could be translated as a "messenger" from a person or king. As seen in, Gen.32:3, "And Jacob sent messengers 4397 before him to Esau his brother unto the land of Seir, the country of Edom." Or Num.24:12, "And Balaam said unto Balak, Spake I not also to thy messengers 4397 which thou sentest unto me, saying,"

2Cor.11:14-15, "And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light. Therefore [it is] no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works."

"Angels" do have the ability to appear as humans. The ones who destroyed Sodom are examples.

I agree that the serpent of Genesis was Satan, as those verses attest.

dawny0826

Mother Heathen
I was reading Gen 3 and I ended with more questions than answers.
1. Did God put Satan in the garden?
2. Didn't God know what would happen?
3 Did you notice that Satan always gives a piece of truth & a lie

I don't know how Satan found his way to the garden. I think it feasible that God placed him there. I think it feasible that Satan found his own way there. The results would have been the same.

Yes, I believe that God knew what would happen. He is all-knowing.

I haven't really noticed much truth coming from Satan, to be honest. But then, I don't pay him much mind.

outhouse

Atheistically
It is going to talk to people as one would talk to another. The idea of how the Holy Spirit communicates with people is no secret. Those who believe that the Holy Spirit exists and communicate with people are usually more than happy to share how it happens.

Give me a break.

so this guy just pops out of nowhere and starts talking to people :facepalm:

well why is most of his information wrong? Must be some really dumb ghost that are able to talk clearly to these very people with no mental illness or religious agenda :facepalm:

starlite

Texasgirl
I don't know if it's been pointed out yet in this thread but no where is the old testament does it say that the serpent in the garden of Eden was Satan. If you believe it does please cite the scripture.

(Revelation 12:7-12) 7 And war broke out in heaven: Mi′cha‧el and his angels battled with the dragon, and the dragon and its angels battled 8 but it did not prevail, neither was a place found for them any longer in heaven. 9 So down the great dragon was hurled, the original serpent, the one called Devil and Satan, who is misleading the entire inhabited earth; he was hurled down to the earth, and his angels were hurled down with him. 10 And I heard a loud voice in heaven say: “Now have come to pass the salvation and the power and the kingdom of our God and the authority of his Christ, because the accuser of our brothers has been hurled down, who accuses them day and night before our God! 11 And they conquered him because of the blood of the Lamb and because of the word of their witnessing, and they did not love their souls even in the face of death. 12 On this account be glad, YOU heavens and YOU who reside in them! Woe for the earth and for the sea, because the Devil has come down to YOU, having great anger, knowing he has a short period
of time.”

(2 Corinthians 11:3) 3 But I am afraid that somehow, as the serpent seduced Eve by its cunning, YOUR minds might be corrupted away from the sincerity and the chastity that are due the Christ.

Last edited:

outhouse

Atheistically
(Revelation 12:7-12) 7 And war broke out in heaven: Mi′cha‧el and his angels battled with the dragon, and the dragon and its angels battled 8 but it did not prevail, neither was a place found for them any longer in heaven. 9 So down the great dragon was hurled, the original serpent, the one called Devil and Satan, who is misleading the entire inhabited earth; he was hurled down to the earth, and his angels were hurled down with him. 10 And I heard a loud voice in heaven say: “Now have come to pass the salvation and the power and the kingdom of our God and the authority of his Christ, because the accuser of our brothers has been hurled down, who accuses them day and night before our God! 11 And they conquered him because of the blood of the Lamb and because of the word of their witnessing, and they did not love their souls even in the face of death. 12 On this account be glad, YOU heavens and YOU who reside in them! Woe for the earth and for the sea, because the Devil has come down to YOU, having great anger, knowing he has a short period
of time.”

(2 Corinthians 11:3) 3 But I am afraid that somehow, as the serpent seduced Eve by its cunning, YOUR minds might be corrupted away from the sincerity and the chastity that are due the Christ.

that was written almost a 500 years later :facepalm: and nothing but a interpretation

muhammad_isa

Veteran Member
that was written almost a 500 years later..

Yes, you're right .. that the NT was revealed after the OT
..and the Qur'an was revealed some time after that..

..and your point is?
Much of the OT (such as Genesis), is relatively VERY old .. which means it's more likely to be corrupted / mistaken in my opinion

outhouse

Atheistically

..and your point is?
Much of the OT (such as Genesis), is relatively VERY old .. which means it's more likely to be corrupted / mistaken in my opinion

I wrote my point, and it was very easy to read and understand.

It was a later interpretation. :facepalm:

it gives no credibility to the ancient legend most believe to be fiction to give identity to a new culture.

sincerly

..and your point is?

Hi Muhammad_isa, True, the NT was a fulfillment of the OT Prophecies. They were attested to by Jesus as being true and valid---NOT Corrupted as you assumed from the Koran/Qur'an.(which was composed/written during 610-632 A.D.)

The Qur'an is what is "corrupted", but that is for another thread--and in another section. Like everyone else, you are free to believe anything you choose.
Peace.

sincerly

starlight said:
of time.”

that was written almost a 500 years later :facepalm: and nothing but a interpretation

Outhouse, Moses was with GOD on Mt. Sinai conversing with HIM for forty days and wrote Genesis. That was about 2500 years after Creation. Jesus varified the Creation account about 2000 years ago. And Paul stated/wrote that Jesus was the one who gave him his revelations(Gal.1:12) Jesus stated HE saw Satan cast out of heaven. (Luke10:18)

Those are recorded facts. However, it is your perogative to "interpret" as you will:facepalm:.

waitasec

Veteran Member
Outhouse, Moses was with GOD on Mt. Sinai conversing with HIM for forty days and wrote Genesis. That was about 2500 years after Creation. Jesus varified the Creation account about 2000 years ago. And Paul stated/wrote that Jesus was the one who gave him his revelations(Gal.1:12) Jesus stated HE saw Satan cast out of heaven. (Luke10:18)

i'm getting dizzy...
:faint:

OMEGA777

GOD Planned it all out.

God has Orchestrated the Whole World Wide scenario.

God is the puppet master and Satan dances to his tune.

Last edited:

outhouse

Atheistically
Outhouse, Moses was with GOD on Mt. Sinai conversing with HIM for forty days and wrote Genesis.

sorry bud but no moses ever wrote any part of the bible.

genesis is a collection of writings, put together from oral tradition. two parts compiled were actually written hundreds of years a part.

moses has no historicity as written.

That was about 2500 years after Creation.

at this time creation is a known myth outlawed from public schools while evolution is taught in every major university around the world as hiher learning

Jesus varified the Creation account about 2000 years ago

as far as we know Yeshua was a mortal man. we would not have knowledge 1000 years before his time with any certainty at all.

Those are recorded facts. However

I think it has been proven over and over again that the book was never intended to be factual.

sincerly

sorry bud but no moses ever wrote any part of the bible.

genesis is a collection of writings, put together from oral tradition. two parts compiled were actually written hundreds of years a part.

moses has no historicity as written.

I searched "oldest written language" and this article came up. First Written Language

"Where and when did humans first start writing? For a long time, people thought that the practice of writing began in ancient Mesopotamia around 3000 B.C.E. This land, along the banks of the Tigris and Euphrates rivers is what is now modern Iraq.

Early Mesopotamian writing was found in trade, business and farm records which have led many to believe for a long time that this is where the written word originated. Along with this belief, it has also been thought that since Mesopotamia traded extensively with ancient Egyptian and ancient Indian civilizations that the idea of writing could have spread to these other cultures.
Recent discoveries, however, are undermining ancient Mesopotamia’s status as the origin of writing. In 1998, a German archaeologist discovered writing at the tomb of King Scorpion the First in Abydos, near Luxor, in Egypt. He says that this writing dates back to 3400 B.C., a few hundred years before the earliest known Mesopotamian writing. The writing was discovered both on pottery and clay tablets. In 1999, American archaeologists digging at the ancient site of Harappa in Pakistan discovered what they say is writing that dates back to around 3500 B.C. Harappa was at that time a major city in the ancient Indus Valley civilization which dominated western India, Pakistan and Afghanistan. While both early Mesopotamian and Egyptian writing is clearly related to trade, the ancient Indus script has still not been deciphered."

Jesus attests to the writtings of Moses. Jesus disciples attest to Jesus being the Son of GOD from their association with HIM for 3 1/2 years and HIS witnessed death, burial, and resurrection. You can again, believe that which you will, but the ancient writtings and those of 1000 years ago which attest to the ancient writings being fulfilled far outweigh the surmisings of the theories of evolution---regardless of the numbers of people who choose to believe that myth.

at this time creation is a known myth outlawed from public schools while evolution is taught in every major university around the world as hiher learning

Just because man foolishly rejects truth for error doesn't make it so.

as far as we know Yeshua was a mortal man. we would not have knowledge 1000 years before his time with any certainty at all.

You mean "as far as you want to know". The Israelites did keep records of the requirements of the creator GOD that they were given. And those and the history of the people was written for our learning and admonition. Believe it or not---your choice.

I think it has been proven over and over again that the book was never intended to be factual.

That's a supposition believed by those who refuse to acknowledge the True Creator GOD. And the facts which were given for our understanding of the relationship one is to have with HIM(GOD) and the rest of mankind.

sincerly

GOD Planned it all out.

God has Orchestrated the Whole World Wide scenario.

God is the puppet master and Satan dances to his tune.

Agreed:yes:. Yes, there was "war in heaven" and Satan was vanquished there and at the Cross. And is just awaiting the day of Atonement and the carrying out of his fate.

connermt

Yes, the Bible was recorded by Men as they were instructed by the Holy Spirit. They wrote the Messages which were given by an infallable Being and given for fallible man's admonition/learning/right living. The "concept" as given by the "infallible Being" is perfect and true; It is justifiable to use that which was stated by that "infallible Being" and recorded as such to use that source rather than to assume that the theories of another man are true.
It is your concept which you should see as a problem.

Peace, sincerly

Is that a fact, or your belief?
If it's a fact, can you provide evidence to point to this fact?

Beyond that, why was the bible only given to a certain geographical group of people? Why wasn't the same bible given to the Incas? The tribes in Africa? Native Americans? Why only to this specific set/group of people?
Surely an all knowing/loving god would know and understand that his word must be heard to all mankind, not just a select few.
But that's not what the bible teaches. It lists certain individuals are "god's select" or "chosen". How can a god that's supposed to be a god of love have a favorite and/or chosen people?