• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How do you detect "design"?

firedragon

Veteran Member
I am interested in looking at the material.
Sure. You could start with Carr and Rees, “The Anthropic Principle and the Structure of the Physical World.” I am sure you could find it on the internet. Directly relevant to what I said.

McBell

Admiral Obvious
Sure. You could start with Carr and Rees, “The Anthropic Principle and the Structure of the Physical World.” I am sure you could find it on the internet. Directly relevant to what I said.
I am not going to pay $200 to read your linked article.

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
"We don't believe there is no designer"

Lmao!

Who is we and why do youns believe there is a designer?

Fyi..."We don't believe there is no designer" means you believe there is a designer.
That is true, to say "We don't believe there is no designer" is essentially saying we believe there IS a designer. You need to try and follow along. I'm beginning to think (realize or wonder) that some of you do not know what you're reading or saying. Or the possibility exists that you are deliberately misunderstanding what is basically clear and simple English.

firedragon

Veteran Member
Does this mean you have not a single source that is not hidden behind a paywall?
I don't know. I did not explore that. But you can come to any of your assumptions. Your prerogative.

So I guess this means you will not be the first one ever to present the math.
That's a composition fallacy.

I guess you are looking to insult your way into your subjective bliss. Up to you mate.

Cheers.

PureX

Veteran Member
Your DNA sequencing designed your physical structure. Science knows this. Everyone else knows this, too. And yet here you are trying to deny it so that you can shore up your ignorant argument against any possibility of an intelligent designer.

This is why stupid people are stupid. It's not that they can't learn, it's that they won't learn. Because whenever they encounter an idea that they might have to work a little bit to understand, they just dismiss it, instead, so they won't have to accept the fact of their own ignorance, or do a little intellectual work to learn something new.

Last edited:

PureX

Veteran Member
Ah, yes a Fine Tuna we have here, if the constants were different we wouldn't be here. So.
Those constants ARE the design. They are why everything that exists, exists as it does. Everyone sees this but you.
how did you calculate potential universes? The idea that this implies design is just a possibility with no other information this is just the latest version of Paley's watchmaker.
It doesn't imply design, it IS design. The question is not whether or not existence is the result of design; we can all see that it is. The question is if and/or what is the source and purpose of this design. And none of us knows the answer to that question. Meanwhile, the various possibilities remain.

V
That is true, to say "We don't believe there is no designer" is essentially saying we believe there IS a designer. You need to try and follow along. I'm beginning to think (realize or wonder) that some of you do not know what you're reading or saying. Or the possibility exists that you are deliberately misunderstanding what is basically clear and simple English.

The Rolling Stones - (I Can't Get No) Satisfaction (Official Lyric Video)​

We Never Know

No Slack
Yet some are so highly edumacated it can't be understood even when its pointed out and explained lol

Pogo

Your DNA sequencing designed your physical structure. Science knows this. Everyone else knows this, too. And yet here you are trying to deny it so that you can shore up your ignorant argument against any possibility of an intelligent designer.

This is why stupid people are stupid. It's not that they can't learn, it's that they won't learn. Because whenever they encounter an idea that they might have to work a little bit to understand, they just dismiss it, instead, so they won't have to accept the fact of their own ignorance, or do a little intellectual work to learn something new.
The problem is your equivocation with a secondary use for the word with the primary meaning. The word is used for things that we perceive as having some sort of a pattern, but the use of the word in that case does not imply the existence of an intelligent designer.
Is this really a Bunny or just something that our brain processes to say it looks like a bunny?
ht3zagn4hcq91.jpg

PureX

Veteran Member
Yet some are so highly edumacated it can't be understood even when its pointed out and explained lol
Well, some people's brains are so cluttered up and confused by the whole "believing in their unbelief" gibberish that they just can't think strait anymore. :)

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
Well, all of the universe is that example, right?
I have no problem with a part of the universe being objective as for how it makes sense to me.
So now I am going to say that all of the universe is not your example and now I am dead. In fact I haven't even written this as I am dead. ;)

This doesn't seem to make any sense.

As for badly, that is without evidence. This is the 2nd post of yours where you use examples containing feelings without evidence.
Now I want to die and had an option like your example, it woudl end good. You are so subjective at times. So am I, I just try to be honest when I am subjective and not doing natural sceince.
I also can't make any sense of this.

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
Yeah, there is no evidence that the results are useful.

Your ability to post here, is an example of such evidence.

If you use science to build a plane, it flies.
It you try to use voodoo to build a plane, it won't.

You really don't understand that useful is not objective and not based on observation.

False. See above.

Planes fly using science.

So just as there is no evidence for gods, there is no evidence for useful.

Again false, see above.
Nukes explode using science.

That is the point, if you want to play the game of evidence. Learn the limit of evidence.

Learn to think things through before spouting nonsense

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion
The problem is your equivocation with a secondary use for the word with the primary meaning. The word is used for things that we perceive as having some sort of a pattern, but the use of the word in that case does not imply the existence of an intelligent designer.
Is this really a Bunny or just something that our brain processes to say it looks like a bunny?
ht3zagn4hcq91.jpg

The problem is that if someone in effect states as with evidence that the universe is orderly/lawfull, then it is a version of ontological idealism in effect. I.e. connected to the non-physical and supernatural in some sense, as the universe has a non-physical property.

"you don't know, therefor my random religious claim wins by default"

Great argument you got there.

Don’t underestimate the godlike properties of randomness.

Uniqueness is one such godlike property, and this dude managed to fit a proof in a video.

And he did it without uttering either of the words “logic” or “science” even once.

(Frequent use of the words “logic” and “science” as incantations is a big red flag that what is actually being discussed is about neither.)

Kenny Rogers offers some excellent advice for folks engaged in these types of discussions.

This random graph fact will blow your mind | Rado graph and its godlike properties​

Kenny Rogers - The Gambler​

Last edited:

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion
Your ability to post here, is an example of such evidence.

If you use science to build a plane, it flies.
It you try to use voodoo to build a plane, it won't.

False. See above.

Planes fly using science.

Again false, see above.
Nukes explode using science.

Learn to think things through before spouting nonsense

Yeah, please explan the observable properties of usefull.