• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How does Feminism view Men?

How does Feminism view Men?

• Oppressors?

Votes: 5 26.3%
  • Competitors?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Partners?

Votes: 14 73.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Buttercup

Veteran Member
Both. I have yet to hear a reason why a person doesn't find members of another racial/ethnic group attractive that aren't rooted in racism on some level when you actually get them to explain their reasons.
Are you the attraction police? Because, that's a pretty outrageous comment. My son Evan is basically only attracted to White brunettes. Do I need to inform him he's racist? Seriously?

Saint Frankenstein

Here for the ride
Premium Member
No, it's not transphobic. People have a right to date or not date others based on their personal preferences. Transphobic would be more along the lines of hating, fearing, etc. transgendered people because they are transgendered. To equate transphobia with someone's preference in who to date is incredible.

Like almost everyone above the age of 13, I've been rejected as a date from time to time. Sometimes the rejection has upset me. But I've never thought that anyone who rejected me was therefore a misandrist, heterophobic, or otherwise displaying anything but a legitimate personal preference.
Okay, so I make advances towards a straight woman and everything's going fine, she seems interested in me and everything. But then I tell her that I don't have a penis and she rejects me just over that, that's not a knock at my masculinity?

The problem here is that you people aren't really thinking this through and considering how such things effect trans people. Yeah, when a person rejects us simply because of our genitals, it's very hurtful and an affront to our gender identity. The person who holds that point of view should rethink why they feel that way, imo.

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
Okay, so I make advances towards a straight woman and everything's going fine, she seems interested in me and everything. But then I tell her that I don't have a penis and she rejects me just over that, that's not a knock at my masculinity?

The problem here is that you people aren't really thinking this through and considering how such things effect trans people. Yeah, when a person rejects us simply because of our genitals, it's very hurtful and an affront to our gender identity. The person who holds that point of view should rethink why they feel that way, imo.

I'm an Arab. If someone rejected me as a date solely because I'm an Arab, I wouldn't be offended. I would recognize that as a personal preference and move on. Not everyone is attracted to Arabs; that's a fact, and I have two options: to live with it or to claim to be a victim because of it and keep dwelling on it. I choose to live with it.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member

I understand that rejection hurts, Frank. I've experienced it many times. But you cannot impose on others what their personal preferences should be. Otherwise, people would have a right to tell anyone and everyone what their personal preferences should be.

Flankerl

that's not a knock at my masculinity?

Doesn't matter. It does not matter at all. Not even in the slightest possible kind of sense.

Its called rejection. Its tough but everyone has to live with it and not everyones rejection is the same. Who is going to judge whose cause of rejection is the worst and thus shouldn't be valid?

Saint Frankenstein

Here for the ride
Premium Member
I'm an Arab. If someone rejected me as a date solely because I'm an Arab, I wouldn't be offended. I would recognize that as a personal preference and move on. Not everyone is attracted to Arabs; that's a fact, and I have two options: to live with it or to claim to be a victim because of it and keep dwelling on it. I choose to live with it.
I would wonder why you're so okay with someone rejecting you solely because of your ethnicity and don't wish to examine the deeper social implications of that.

Saying you're heterosexual and then excluding a whole category of men doesn't really follow.

Saint Frankenstein

Here for the ride
Premium Member
I understand that rejection hurts, Frank. I've experienced it many times. But you cannot impose on others what their personal preferences should be. Otherwise, people would have a right to tell anyone and everyone what their personal preferences should be.
Yeah, but you don't have to deal with rejection that strikes at the core of your identity. That's what people either aren't getting here, refuse to see or are ignoring.

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
I would wonder why you're so okay with someone rejecting you solely because of your ethnicity and don't wish to examine the deeper social implications of that.

I wouldn't dwell on it. Rejection is rejection. It sucks, but it is what it is. I can't shove myself down people's throats and claim they are racist, heterophobic, etc., if they reject me.

Seriously, Frank, I know that transgendered people face a lot of persecution, especially in my country. I hate it, and it makes me depressed. But to say that I'm transphobic despite all of that just because I wouldn't want to date someone with a penis? That's both a stretch and an unreasonable assumption at best.

Saying you're heterosexual and then excluding a whole category of men doesn't really follow.

Not sure what you mean here.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Yeah, but you don't have to deal with rejection that strikes at the core of your identity. That's what people either aren't getting here, refuse to see or are ignoring.

If you think I've never dealt with such rejection, you're quite mistaken. I've been rejected precisely because of who I am as a person -- and many more times than once.

Saint Frankenstein

Here for the ride
Premium Member
But to say that I'm transphobic despite all of that just because I wouldn't want to date someone with a penis? That's both a stretch and an unreasonable assumption at best.
No one's saying you "have" to do anything. It's the implications of it and the wider social context that you may not be understanding here.
Not sure what you mean here.
I'm talking about straight women saying they wouldn't date a trans man just because he's trans.

Thana

Lady
I'm talking about straight women saying they wouldn't date a trans man just because he's trans.

Leaving sexual preferences aside, Women have a right to reject a man that cannot fulfill certain desires. Like having a penis to give them biological children, or sexual intercourse. It's not evil to want those things Saint. Most heterosexual people consider it a given.

Honestly I'd be offended if someone rejected me based on anything other than the core of who I am. I can understand not being someone's type. We all are who we are, we all want what we want and none of us can change that.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
You weren't supposed to let that out. Geeeeez. :eek: It was the rooster suit, ok?

Rooster suit? You didn't laugh your butt off when I came out of the bathroom in my rooster suit. You laughed your butt off when you saw my three fulsome inches of rampant, woman-pleasing sex-machine!