• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How hard is it to watch people heading for hell

Man of Faith

As a Christian it is very hard to watch people headed to hell. I want to grab them and shake them and tell them to wake up, you don't have to go there. That is one of the toughest things about being a Christian. I consider how C.S. Lewis had to do it, how Billy Graham has to do it, how John Wesley had to do it. That keeps me moving, keeps me knocking on doors, keeps me asking, prodding, urging, teaching, instructing, preaching, helping, giving, visiting. Within the first 5 minutes of meeting someone I can usually tell if they are headed to hell and I think to myself, what is the point of living for the devil?

Engyo

Prince of Dorkness!
As a Buddhist, it is very hard watching people condemn themselves to more lifetimes of suffering, instead of practicing towards their eventual enlightenment instead. This is one of the toughest things about being a Mahayana Buddhist. I don't even have the luxury of trying to impose my viewpoint on how they should live their lives onto them; all I can do is assist them if they should somehow have a glimmering of awakening and begin seeking the path themselves.

Last edited:

Man of Faith

What's the point of calling yourself Christian when you think you're actually God?

I think you are mistaken on this. I don't condemn them to hell, I just notice they are going there. Every person I meet or see I want to know their spiritual status so I can know how to witness to them.

Man of Faith

As A Buddhist, it is very hard watching people condemn themselves to more lifetimes of suffering, instead of practicing towards their eventual enlightenment instead. This is one of the toughest things about being a Mahayana Buddhist. I don't even have the luxury of trying to impose my viewpoint on how they should live their lives onto them; all I can do is assist them if they should somehow have a glimmering of awakening and begin seeking the path themselves.

Do you remember your previous lives?

Thesavorofpan

Is not going to save you.
As a Christian it is very hard to watch people headed to hell. I want to grab them and shake them and tell them to wake up, you don't have to go there. That is one of the toughest things about being a Christian. I consider how C.S. Lewis had to do it, how Billy Graham has to do it, how John Wesley had to do it. That keeps me moving, keeps me knocking on doors, keeps me asking, prodding, urging, teaching, instructing, preaching, helping, giving, visiting. Within the first 5 minutes of meeting someone I can usually tell if they are headed to hell and I think to myself, what is the point of living for the devil?

You should be more worried about yourself.

ChristineES

Tiggerism
Premium Member
I am not God. I don't really know who's going to "hell". I agree, people do cause their own suffering, I do it,too.

Kilgore Trout

Misanthropic Humanist

Maybe you should feel more urgency to act like a Christian yourself. I wouldn't worry about others so much if I were you.

Man of Faith

This is the scary part, everybody that is headed to hell is a mere fragile heartbeat away from an eternity in a fiery pit.

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
As A Buddhist, it is very hard watching people condemn themselves to more lifetimes of suffering, instead of practicing towards their eventual enlightenment instead. This is one of the toughest things about being a Mahayana Buddhist. I don't even have the luxury of trying to impose my viewpoint on how they should live their lives onto them; all I can do is assist them if they should somehow have a glimmering of awakening and begin seeking the path themselves.

Word.