• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How intelligent do you think you are?

Rate your intelligence on a scale of one to ten.

Votes: 2 8.0%

Votes: 1 4.0%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 5 20.0%

Votes: 4 16.0%

Votes: 4 16.0%

Votes: 5 20.0%

• Total voters

DarkSun

:eltiT
In your opinion, how would you rate your intelligence on a scale of one to ten, one being stupid, ten being genius?

Madhuri

RF Goddess
Staff member
Premium Member
I went with 6.
I have no idea how accurate that is.
Intelligence is about one's ability to learn. I'm a relatively slow learner, but when I really put the effort in, I do quite well (I've been top of my class a number of times).

I wish I was one of those people who just understood complex concepts without needing to make much of an effort!

sandandfoam

Veteran Member
I don't think intelligence is a thing that fits onto a neat scale.

How bright I feel on a 1-10 scale depends a lot on how much sleep I got last night amongst many other things.

Engyo

Prince of Dorkness!
There are so many varieties of intelligence. Individuals excel in certain areas, and show much less ability in others.

Are we talking strictly IQ/numbers here?
Because IQ tests havebeen shown to be problematic.
I knew a kid with an IQ of 175 who had Asperger's Syndrome, epilepsy, & mental illness.
He was brilliant and is probably instiutionalized by now.

katiafish

consciousness incarnate
I don't think intelligence is a thing that fits onto a neat scale.

How bright I feel on a 1-10 scale depends a lot on how much sleep I got last night amongst many other things.

I agree. Today i am around 3 :)
Besides, does emotional intelligence count?

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
Are we talking strictly IQ/numbers here?
Because IQ tests havebeen shown to be problematic.
I knew a kid with an IQ of 175 who had Asperger's Syndrome, epilepsy, & mental illness.
He was brilliant and is probably instiutionalized by now.

That is not all that unusual. A high IQ is no indicator of social adjustment or even of mental sanity, indeed.

ChristineES

Tiggerism
Premium Member
I don't usually tell people this, but I have been told by professionals that I have a gifted IQ, I am not a genius and I don't always give the best answers. I can give some really stupid ones at times. And I come no where near knowing everything.

Dezzie

I went with 6.
I have no idea how accurate that is.
Intelligence is about one's ability to learn. I'm a relatively slow learner, but when I really put the effort in, I do quite well (I've been top of my class a number of times).

I wish I was one of those people who just understood complex concepts without needing to make much of an effort!

I went with 6 as well. I can learn quite well (I'm a slow learner too depending on how I am taught), I just have to put in the effort. A lot of times I only put the effort in to things I enjoy learning... but... I have managed to learn things I do not like. My job for example... ;)

Kilgore Trout

Misanthropic Humanist
Seeing that the average answer given by RF members, so far, is 7.666..., I'd rate myself probably around 13.

Meow Mix

Chatte Féministe
Six.

I can solve third order differential equations with effort but I don't know where to sign my name on a check.