• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How many Creators exist?

muhammad_isa

Veteran Member
But yes, perhaps someday you will understand.

What a joke .. neither you or I can 'make' a universe, yet you seem to think that you "understand"

Extrapolation of the expansion of the Universe backwards in time using general relativity yields an infinite density and temperature at a finite time in the past.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_Bang#cite_note-33 This singularity signals the breakdown of general relativity. How closely we can extrapolate towards the singularity is debated—certainly no closer than the end of the Planck epoch.
->http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_Bang#Timeline_of_the_Big_Bang<-

As I say, the key to understanding (in a general sense), lies with 'time'
ie. our physical definition of 'time' is in terms of space (physical motion), which leads to circular reasoning.

Heathen Hammer

Nope, you're still wrong
What a joke .. neither you or I can 'make' a universe, yet you seem to think that you "understand"

Extrapolation of the expansion of the Universe backwards in time using general relativity yields an infinite density and temperature at a finite time in the past. This singularity signals the breakdown of general relativity. How closely we can extrapolate towards the singularity is debated&#8212;certainly no closer than the end of the Planck epoch.
->http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_Bang#Timeline_of_the_Big_Bang<-

As I say, the key to understanding (in a general sense), lies with 'time'
ie. our physical definition of 'time' is in terms of space (physical motion), which leads to circular reasoning.
Your arbitrary false requirements are irrelevant. And they certainly don't apply to you, so they are dishonest, besides.

I do understand. Doesn't that infuriate you?

Sorry.

/sunglasses

connermt

Every time I ask a question about God, the Creator, I get hundreds of different answers mostly in constant disagreement no matter whether the respondents are of the "same" faith or not.

That leads me to ask. If a person's God is a product of each person's own desires for a God with specific attributes, why bother citing religious texts that every contributor appears to interpret differently?

If I ask, "what is the capital of France?" every intelligent person would respond, "Paris". If I ask, "is God male or female", I get as many opinions as contributors.

Are you all telling me that each of you make up each or your Gods to your own liking and to your ability to imagine, or that there are many Gods, one for each believer?

In reality, there could be many things that create. Likely, none were supernatural deities or the like.
But as a former christian, I've asked myself the same/similar question, as well as asking others. Here's what I learned:
Everyone thinks they "know" their deity (let's call it god going forward). They gather with other believers with similar thoughts, goals, beliefs, etc. When the gathering disagrees on certain aspects of the same god, they calim it's god's personalization ( of sorts) to each of them.
For example:
Some believed it a sin to smoke. Those that smoked claimed that god told them it's not a sin for them. Or it's a work in progress. Etc. The real answer is it's either a sin or it's not. Either way, each group wouldn't budge on the POV, so they claimed god was being personal with them in regards to their sin. Could that be? Of course, since there's no proof of anything god (other than a book written by men). Likely, one group was right and the other wasn't, yet they didn't want to give up their vice or accept something they didn't personally like. But more than likely, there is no sin more than a person wants to accept.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
No, someone need not be, if that's not how it is. If anything it is the human desire to have the One God be a superlative, that creates this false requirement. And as I said, the properties of the Universe don't support such an idea ;)

Not a requirement.

In the scheme of superlatives there can be only one...Almighty.

That should be a self explanatory.

Tathagata

Freethinker
As the philosopher Michael Tsarion rightly said:

"The only person who can be sure of the Existence of a God conjured by their own mind, is the owner of that mind. One does not have to be a member of Mensa to work that out."
-- Michael Tsarion

Heathen Hammer

Nope, you're still wrong
Not a requirement.

In the scheme of superlatives there can be only one...Almighty.

That should be a self explanatory.
The universe itself demonstrates that there is no 'almighty'. this is simply a personification for a human desire for there to be a 'chief'. It's simply a social anthropomorphism.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
The universe itself demonstrates that there is no 'almighty'. this is simply a personification for a human desire for there to be a 'chief'. It's simply a social anthropomorphism.

Nay.

First the decision of life after death. Be positive.

Then...we have hierarchy....this world and then the next.

Life after death and no one in charge?
Of course there is.
That One would be the Almighty.

Now ask if He is the Creator.

Heathen Hammer

Nope, you're still wrong
Nay.

First the decision of life after death. Be positive.

Then...we have hierarchy....this world and then the next.

Life after death and no one in charge?
Of course there is.
That One would be the Almighty.

Now ask if He is the Creator.
Nay, none of this is demonstrated by the nature of the creation

connermt

How many creators exists? Something like 6½ billion or the like.....
Each person is/can be a creator in their own right.

shawn001

How many Creators exist?

"I don't know" as there doesn't seem to be any evidence at this time for any of them.

The universe could have started with "quantum flutuations" perhaps without breaking any natural laws and without the need for somekind of intelligence behind it. There are other ways as well a universe could start and there maybe a unlimited number of them. Which has another implication perhaps.

Humans for sure have "created" as stated billions of gods. Some of which the history of one leads to another. Even from dualism to monotheism.

Personally I think the concept evolved with us.