• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How much does the Christian God really love us?

javajo

This is how much I believe God loves us:
askjesus800x600.jpg

look3467

Premium Member
So I ask you again. How can you decide whether to worship this person (and his new theology) or not?>>>Enoughie

The bible is the only source by which this "New Theology" can be looked at with some certainity because the prediction placed on and about Him. (Jesus)

Had there been none to look at, then yes, definitely, it be hard to believe in something new, as you say.

My understandings are based on the whole of the bible, thus making it creditable to me.

Blessings, AJ

look3467

Premium Member
Now starts the guilt tripping :facepalm:

Why? If someone offers you a gift, you would have guilt feelings?

Hmmmmm........Unless, there is something about your views that would bring guilt feelings up?

Just a thought.

Blessings, AJ

horiturk

Assyrian Devil
considering he sat on the bench for the holocaust and many other things you'd think believers might question the love.

look3467

Premium Member
considering he sat on the bench for the holocaust and many other things you'd think believers might question the love.

The Holocaust was because of evil choices in man, and not God's.

I'd suppose that that if you knew of a robber trying to enter your house, you wouldn't attempt to defend yourself?

After all, you have the God given right to do so.

Ref: verse: Gen 1:28 And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.
Gen 1:29 And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat.
Gen 1:30 And to every beast of the earth, and to every fowl of the air, and to every thing that creepeth upon the earth, wherein there is life, I have given every green herb for meat: and it was so.

So who has the mantle for stewardship of the earth?

Has God not given us responsibility?

Because some choose to exercise evil, rather than good, people suffer.

The majority of the peoples of the earth are good people. It is the few who get into positions of leadership that bring about wars, and all sorts of evil work.

Now, God does deliver by bringing up an earthly opposing force against the evil, having and end.

Blessings, AJ

Enoughie

The bible is the only source by which this "New Theology" can be looked at with some certainity because the prediction placed on and about Him. (Jesus)

Had there been none to look at, then yes, definitely, it be hard to believe in something new, as you say.

My understandings are based on the whole of the bible, thus making it creditable to me.

Excellent response!

So the only way to verify if a new theology is credible is by looking at the existing holy texts.

Fundamental belief in Christ/Christianity is based on this verse:

"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life" (John 3:16).

Correct?

In this one verse the New Testament talks about the Trinity, heaven/hell, eternal life, and belief in God.

So if we want to verify if the New Testament is credible we'll have to look at the holy texts that were present before the New Testament - namely, the Old Testament.

Can you show me where the Old Testament speaks of the Trinity? Can you show me where it speaks of heaven/hell? Of eternal life? Can you show me where the Old Testament says we have to believe in God? (hint: the first of the Ten Commandments simply says "I am your God." It asks for recognition, not belief)

horiturk

Assyrian Devil
The Holocaust was because of evil choices in man, and not God's.

I'd suppose that that if you knew of a robber trying to enter your house, you wouldn't attempt to defend yourself?

After all, you have the God given right to do so.

Ref: verse: Gen 1:28 And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.
Gen 1:29 And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat.
Gen 1:30 And to every beast of the earth, and to every fowl of the air, and to every thing that creepeth upon the earth, wherein there is life, I have given every green herb for meat: and it was so.

So who has the mantle for stewardship of the earth?

Has God not given us responsibility?

Because some choose to exercise evil, rather than good, people suffer.

The majority of the peoples of the earth are good people. It is the few who get into positions of leadership that bring about wars, and all sorts of evil work.

Now, God does deliver by bringing up an earthly opposing force against the evil, having and end.

Blessings, AJ

my comment was regarding the judaeo christian view that God is governing or intervening the universe at his leasure. i myself believe that its very likely and possible that there is a God that got everything started but that God does not seem to intervene or tinker with the universe. i'm completely aware that the holocaust and other horrible massacres are completely and totally the responsibility of men,men must take responsibility for their actions. as far as any sane adult can tell we have given ourselves rights,God hasn't come down here to do anything of the sort.

look3467

Premium Member
Fundamental belief in Christ/Christianity is based on this verse:

"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life" (John 3:16).

Correct?>>>Enoughie
Absolutely!

You see, in that same verse you read "shall not perish" which is noted as such for a warning sake.

Why a warning and not literal?

The reason being is that we are already lost, as like perished, dead to the spiritual connection to God.

What God has done in His Son, was save humanity from that "lost" state by granting humanity life as a free gift.

If, we do not take knowledge of that fact, then as a warning, we are perishing daily (Meaning losing out of spiritual blessings)and should consider seeking the love of God.

The "but have eternal life", is the alternative, already granted by Jesus, needing but only to digest that knowledge (eating of the Fruit of that tree), called the "tree of life".
You recall reading in the book of Genesis in reference to the the other tree called the tree of knowledge of good and evil, quote: Gen 3:5 For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil.

That was eating of the fruit of knowledge of good and evil.

Now, the Son of God becomes to us the tree of life, and if we reach out to eat of the fruit of that tree, we shall have eternal life.

Ref: Gen 3:22 And the LORD God said, Behold, the man is become as one of us, to know good and evil: and now, lest he put forth his hand, and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live for ever:

Outside of the bible, there are no such things as a loving God, therefore not worthy of any consideration.

That is consistent with the whole of the bible and is what the very works of God are.

In this one verse the New Testament talks about the Trinity, heaven/hell, eternal life, and belief in God.
So if we want to verify if the New Testament is credible we'll have to look at the holy texts that were present before the New Testament - namely, the Old Testament.
The old Testament is the foundation for the need of a Savior of mankind, because it gives us the history in story book form of God's works in creation and.....the salvation of that creation.

So what you see in the whole of the bible is, the "Trinity", not specifically pointed out as such, but allures to it by the administration of each in its own time.

Heaven/hell, were two distinct states of being, and both places were shut up, meaning hell held its prisoners, and heaven bared the entrance.

That foundation setting was essential in the creation process, and later, with Jesus, that foundation was dis-annulled, to where both doors were broken open, allowing the prisoners access to heavens doors.

Ref:Isa 28:18 And your (Jesus)covenant with death shall be disannulled, and your (Jesus)agreement with hell shall not stand; when the overflowing scourge shall pass through, then ye (Jesus) shall be trodden down by it.

"Eternal life" is the resultant of the old Testament foundation being fulfilled perfectly by Jesus in our behalf, so that we may attain it freely.

"belief in God" is what it take to know that the fruit of the tree of life is good for our eating.

Blessings, AJ

Hawkins

So, if I were to be a worshiper of Lucifer, this god of yours would still love me?

Have you ever experienced love in your life? If you think that you know what love is, then it could mean that you ever tased/experienced love in your life to be sure.

However, have you ever experienced a place where love is totally absent (i.e. a place where God is absent)? You won't have God's love if you choose to be there.

Because you still have a chance (which is given to everyone) to change your mind during your life time on earth, God's love will still shine on you during the period. After leaving planet earth, perhaps the answer is no if you made up your mind to be so.

Hawkins

God's Law applies to both angels and humans. The Kingdom of God has 0 tolerence for sin. Lucifer broke His Law and was driven out of His Kingdom, Adam broke the Law and was driven out of His Kingdom. Since then humans are no longer in God's Kingdom. We are outside of His Kingdom. So what make you think that there is no difference between inside and outside of His Kingdom?! Why are you asked to return back to His Kingdom in Heaven if such a difference doesn't exist?

Actually, anything can happen once you are outside of His Kingdom. It is a wilderness full of wolves. It is under this constrast that His sheep will choose to return to the Shepherd.

There is sickness, death, all sort of tragedies because this is no heaven (or else you need not return back to His Kingdom). It is so as long as you choose to stay outside of His Kingdom, and something worse can happen. Don't expect that when you choose to sin without repenting, denying God while want a paradise which is only available when God making it (you don't believe in His creation anyway). Period. Moreover, however can you be His children while even denying His existence, not to mention a fathership.

Last edited:
Bible clearly answers this question: "For God loved the world so much that he gave his only-begotten Son, in order that everyone exercising faith in him might not be destroyed but have everlasting life. "