• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How often do theists believe they have evidence for God's existence?

Thief

Rogue Theologian
Who knows?

That makes no sense whatsoever. You might as well say:

Billions of living people, and not one is Green Lantern?

Trillions of atoms, and not one offering me coffee?

Honestly, I have no idea of what you are talking about beyond that it probably relates to belief in God or in an afterlife in some vague way.

AH!...there it is....the thing that holds you back!
it's your method of expectation.
Billions of people and no Green Lantern?.....that method will never lead you forward.

Trillions of atoms and no coffee?......whose fault is that?.....make some!

And you can't move toward God if you just won't.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
AH!...there it is....the thing that holds you back!
it's your method of expectation.
Billions of people and no Green Lantern?.....that method will never lead you forward.

Trillions of atoms and no coffee?......whose fault is that?.....make some!

And you can't move toward God if you just won't.

It seems like you've stopped even pretending to try to make sense.

Parsimony

As for me.....
The likelihood a few of us will survive the last breath is a good bet.
Billions of possible souls and no one continues?
There are many, many more bacteria than humans. Does that mean their chances of seeing the afterlife are even better than ours?

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
Such would be your feelings.....
You have yet to say why you refuse to believe?

If you're waiting for proof......no....it won't happen.

I do not know that I "refuse" or that I would need a reason to. But if I did, that is plenty reason enough.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
There are many, many more bacteria than humans. Does that mean their chances of seeing the afterlife are even better than ours?

Excellent retort!......
I have been pressing the question of quantity for a long time!
The odds as I see them favor at least a few humans becoming something more after the last breath.

But indeed!....what of the lesser forms of life?

As I do believe in hierarchy.... I probably shouldn't discount anything less.

And I do have a rendition about one third of heaven losing their positions over an argument....concerning something less. (that would be us!)

And what would heaven be? if our favored pets fail?
No trees or grass?.....no birds or bees?

Or maybe....ALL things transform!
I typically say we become something else....something more....

and what if the lesser things are able to exceed us?!

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
So you admit that your beliefs are arbitrary, yet still need a reason for us not to share of them?

Shuttlecraft

.Navigator
Topic title: How often do theists believe they have evidence for God's existence?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

God gives atheists a new day and another new chance to accept him every time they wake up in the morning, what more evidence do they need?..;)

"For my Father’s will is that everyone who looks to the Son and believes in him shall have eternal life, and I will raise them up at the last day" John 6:40

Last edited:

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
Topic title: How often do theists believe they have evidence for God's existence?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

God gives atheists a new day and another new chance to accept him every time they wake up in the morning,

He must be shy or something then.

what more evidence do they need?..;)

Why do you think we need any?

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
Well hopefully I'm right!....and a lack of understanding won't kill your soul!

Or do you think you understand and that understanding can only lead to the grave?

While I don't claim to have perfect understanding, I don't think there's anything about the fact that my understanding of things is imperfect that would somehow make your rantings rational.

Shuttlecraft

.Navigator
[re evidence] Why do you think we need any?

If a stranger sends you tickets for a luxury ocean cruise you wouldn't rip them up without first looking into it to find out who he is.
Likewise a guy called Jesus sent us an invite to his great party in the sky, so it makes sense to check him out..:)

Jesus said- "The kingdom of heaven is like a king who prepared a wedding banquet for his son...he told his servants- go out and invite to the banquet anyone you find" (Matt 22:2)

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
If a stranger sends you tickets for a luxury ocean cruise you wouldn't rip them up without first looking into it to find out who he is.
Likewise a guy called Jesus sent us an invite to his great party in the sky, so it makes sense to check him out..:)

Jesus said- "The kingdom of heaven is like a king who prepared a wedding banquet for his son...he told his servants- go out and invite to the banquet anyone you find" (Matt 22:2)

I got that offer once: I got a call telling me that I had won a cruise. All I had to do to get my prize package was to give them my credit card number. I get a similar impression from your offer that I did from that one.

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member
Atheists say "We can't see God, therefore he probably doesn't exist", and they've got a good point..:)

Theists say "Life and the universe is evidence of a God who probably created it, because surely it couldn't just decide to create itself", and they've got a good point too, so the argument is stalemated and tied at 50-50..:)

It is not 50-50. It is 33-33-33

You forgot the possibility that leprechauns created the universe.

Silly me, I forgot The flying spaghetti monster. So, we have 25-25-25-25.

Oh, what about blue fairies? That would give us a probability of 20-20-20-20-20 of equivalently likely possibilities.

Darn, I forgot Zeus....

Ciao

- viole

Last edited:

Shuttlecraft

.Navigator
I got that offer once: I got a call telling me that I had won a cruise. All I had to do to get my prize package was to give them my credit card number. I get a similar impression from your offer that I did from that one.

JC don't want your credit card number, he wants your friendship..:)

"You're my friends if you follow me. I don't call you servants, but I call you friends" (John 15:15)
jesus-friends.gif

He blew the snooty priests out of the water and went around saving prostitutes from the mob and sticking up for ordinary people, so it beats me why atheists and nonchristians don't seem to like him?
Even in his own time some people deserted him, so he asked his disciples if they'd desert him too, and they replied-
"You gotta be jivin us boy! You're our Main Man! Who the hell else is there to save our sorry a**es?"

("You do not want to leave too, do you?” Jesus asked the Twelve.
Simon Peter answered him, “Lord, to whom shall we go? You have the words of eternal life. We have come to believe and to know that you are the Holy One of God" -John 6:67-69)

Last edited: