• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How Should the Wealth be Redistributed?

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
I don't understand why some of us think it's perfectly right and moral for wealth to be distributed up the socioeconomic ladder but not redistributed down the ladder, too. What am I missing?

Alceste

Vagabond
You do know what caused the recent crash?
YouTube - DAMN THEM!! A video the Dumbocrats dont want you to see

CRA.

You think the gov should give everyone a house? how about a car? Should the gov give you a car? and what kind of house? how big should it be? Where does it stop people...

To what extent should we enable lazy dependants who refuse to do anything for themselves? To what extent should we enable them to their lazy lifestyle?

That's boring, idea, can't you just type it out yourself? Considering the sources flash past before you get to read them, it would be more convincing if you built an argument yourself and provided links. It's just text. And did I say boring? Oh yes, I did. I'm a fast reader. It doesn't take me 10 minutes to read a paragraph of text.

Or... are these not your ideas, idea? Are you just regurgitating other peoples opinions, hoping they'll be more convincing because someone dragged them out to 10 minutes of video?

The Voice of Reason

Doctor of Thinkology
I don't understand why some of us think it's perfectly right and moral for wealth to be distributed up the socioeconomic ladder but not redistributed down the ladder, too. What am I missing?
You are missing the "unmitigated greed" gene. It is one of the main items that precludes you from being able to join the Grand Old Party.

The Voice of Reason

Doctor of Thinkology
Or... are these not your ideas, idea? Are you just regurgitating other peoples opinions, hoping they'll be more convincing because someone dragged them out to 10 minutes of video?

Of course it was idea's idea. Surely you can see that idea has many less than ideal ideas. Deal me out.

Last edited:

The Voice of Reason

Doctor of Thinkology
I just have better things to do than chase more wealth than I need.

Well, give me a moment to think this over ...

Okay - how about this. Are you willing to ignore concrete evidence, deny reality, and feign moral indignation while practicing egregious acts of hypocrisy?

Before you answer, I want to remind you that this could be your last chance to become a member of the party of W.

Dirty Penguin

Master Of Ceremony
Actually, the vast majority of the people on McCain's campaign staff are former lobbyists. One, in particular, was being paid by Fannie/Freddie until only a couple of months ago.

Not that there could possibly be any conflict of interest ...

Yea...thank you...he was the one I was thinking of. Kouric (?)..asked Mrs. (Joe six pack....wink...wink) about that guy......but she seemed to be clueless....(As Usual)...

Ciscokid

How should the wealth be redistributed? Should the wealth of the middle classes be redistributed to the upper classes like conservatives prefer? Or should the wealth of the upper classes be redistributed to the middle classes like liberals prefer? You decide!

I would say upper to the middle or lower class. All I know is, I saw an interview with John Cleese one time where he said 80% of his pay [when he lived in europe] went to the government. I don't want 80% of my pay going to social programs.

Jeremy Mason

I would say upper to the middle or lower class. All I know is, I saw an interview with John Cleese one time where he said 80% of his pay [when he lived in europe] went to the government. I don't want 80% of my pay going to social programs.

The majority of that money goes to the international bankers not governmental programs. Get rid of the corrupt banking system and this would not happen.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
"The necessaries of life occasion the great expense of the poor. They find it difficult to get food, and the greater part of their little revenue is spent in getting it. The luxuries and vanities of life occasion the principal expense of the rich, and a magnificent house embellishes and sets off to the best advantage all the other luxuries and vanities which they possess. A tax upon house-rents, therefore, would in general fall heaviest upon the rich; and in this sort of inequality there would not, perhaps, be anything very unreasonable. It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion" - Adam Smith, The Wealth of Nations, Bk 5 Ch. 2