• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How well do Christians know their Bible?

How could you possibly misread this verse and state the opposite of what it actually says ????

Romans 5:13

...sin is not imputed to those who have no law.

There is no Biblical basis for "original sin".

I think the Apostle Paul's proof is death prior to the law. I find this article to be very interesting. It will help us all communicate better. Some Christians believe in the imputation of sin. Some Christians, LDS, do not.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Original_sin#Original_sin_in_Roman_Catholicism

FFH

Veteran Member
I think the Apostle Paul's proof is death prior to the law.
By Adam's transgression came death upon all flesh, but by the same transgrestion, sin did not automatically come upon all flesh, action is required on our part, in order for sin to come into our lives.

Little children are not held accountable for transgressing the laws of God, not fully comprehending the concept of sin, until their brains are fully developed, at which time God begins to hold them accountable for the sins they knowingly commit, not for the sins Adam committed, as we are alos held guiltless before God if we repent of our sins and are not accountable before God for the sins Adam and Eve committed in the Garden of Eden. To think this is to not deny the justice and mercy of God....

Holding someone accountable for antother's sins *Adam and Eve's" is a doctrine of a devil....

We are only accountable for the sins we knowingly commit...

All those who have not had the law explained to them or who cannot comprehend the law, such as little children and mentally challenged individuals, are exempt from the law...

Matthew 19: 14
But Jesus said, suffer the little children, and forbid them not, to come unto me: for of such is the kingdom of heaven.

D&C 29: 46-47
46 But behold, I say unto you, that little children are redeemed from the foundation of the world through mine Only Begotten;

47 Wherefore, they cannot sin, for power is not given unto Satan to tempt little children, until they begin to be accountable before me;

D&C 74: 7
But little children are holy, being sanctified through the atonement of Jesus Christ; and this is what the scriptures mean.

By Adam's transgression came death upon all flesh, but sin did not automatically come upon all flesh, action is required and little children are exempt from sin, not fully comprehending the concept of sin until they are eight years old, at which time God holds them accountable for the sins THEY commit, not for the sins ADAM committed...

Holding someone accountable for antother's sins is a doctrine of a devil....

We are only accountable for the sins we KNOWINGLY commit...

All those who have not had the law explained to them or who cannot comprehend the law, such as little children and mentally challenged individuals, are exempt from the law...

Matthew 19: 14
But Jesus said, suffer the little children, and forbid them not, to come unto me: for of such is the kingdom of heaven.

D&C 29: 46-47
46 But behold, I say unto you, that little children are redeemed from the foundation of the world through mine Only Begotten;

47 Wherefore, they cannot sin, for power is not given unto Satan to tempt little children, until they begin to be accountable before me;

D&C 74: 7
But little children are holy, being sanctified through the atonement of Jesus Christ; and this is what the scriptures mean.

The possible proof of original sin and imputation of Adam's sin is shown by death prior to the law.

Romans 5
12Therefore, just as sin entered the world through one man, and death through sin, and in this way death came to all men, because all sinned— 13for before the law was given, sin was in the world. But sin is not taken into account when there is no law. 14Nevertheless, death reigned from the time of Adam to the time of Moses, even over those who did not sin by breaking a command, as did Adam, who was a pattern of the one to come.

FFH

Veteran Member
The possible proof of original sin and imputation of Adam's sin is shown by death prior to the law.

Romans 5
12Therefore, just as sin entered the world through one man, and death through sin, and in this way death came to all men, because all sinned— 13for before the law was given, sin was in the world. But sin is not taken into account when there is no law. 14Nevertheless, death reigned from the time of Adam to the time of Moses, even over those who did not sin by breaking a command, as did Adam, who was a pattern of the one to come.
True "all have sinned and come short of the glory of God" and thus we experience death, because "sin has entered the world through one man," but those who are innocent or ignorant of the law are not held accountable for their transgressions of the law. We are also not held accountable for Adam and Eve's transgressions, which they, themselves, would have been accountable to God for, if they had not repented...

So true, sin is upon all mankind, but those who are without the law or those who cannot comprehend the law, such as little children, or those who are mentally challenged, are covered under the atonement of Christ, and are held guiltless before God, and not for Adam's transgressions, or their own, they being innocent and ignorant of the law, not being able to comprehend it...

Many die in infancy, being guiltless before God, of all sin, as are those who have died without the law. or those who cannot comprehend the law, as with the mentally challenged...

God does not hold us accountable for Adam and Eve's actions, but yes it does appear that sin has entered "the world," but we are only held accountable for the sins we knowingly commit, after our brains have fully developed, and the law has been fully explained to us, as well as it's consequences for breaking the laws of God.

sandy whitelinger

Veteran Member
Would you say people are condemned prior to hearing the good news (Romans 10)? It seems Romans chapter 1, and chapter 2 is how Paul reconciles the guilt and condemnation of all..even those who never heard the gospel proclaimed and dies.
The only condemnation is the rejection of Christ. Romans 1 says all know their creator and are without excuse. Doesn't that explain he situation?

In addition, Romans 5 appears to teach original sin and the imputation of sin.

Seeming and actually are two different things and are the reason for so much misinterpretation. What it boils down to is that sin does not condemn anyone to damnation except the sin of rejecting Christ.

may

Romans 5:19 "By one man’s disobedience many were made sinners." (The New Jerusalem Bible) The original sin was an act of disobedience
While a sin of disobedience may seem simple on the surface, consider its profound implications. A footnote in The New Jerusalem Bible puts it this way: "It [the knowledge of good and bad] is the power of deciding for himself what is good and what is evil and of acting accordingly, a claim to complete moral independence . . . The first sin was an attack on God’s sovereignty." Yes, "the tree of the knowledge of good and bad" symbolized God’s prerogative to set the standards for man as to what is approved or what is condemned. By refusing to obey God’s law, man was calling into question God’s very right to rule over him. Jehovah justly answered the challenge by allowing man to rule himself. Wouldn’t you agree that the results have been disastrous?—Deuteronomy 32:5; Ecclesiastes 8:9.​
That is why the Bible’s theme, God’s Kingdom, brings so much hope. By means of that Kingdom, Jehovah promises to end oppressive man-rule soon and replace it with His rule—a government that will restore an earthly paradise—something Adam and Eve forfeited.—Psalm 37:29; Daniel 2:44.