• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How would you react if at the end of they day christianity was right?

Smoke

Done here.
I guess if regular old garden-variety Christianity turned out to be true, and I found myself standing before the judgment seat of a deity determined to send me to hell for not believing in him, I'd try to make him laugh.

Ðanisty

It really depends on what is meant by "right." Is the question, how would you react if the Bible turned out to be true?

Darkness

Psychoanalyst/Marxist
How would you react if at the end of they day christianity was right?

I would probably join Satan and/or Lucifer, since the Adversary of the God of the Bible has a good chance of being on the side of good. If Satan/Lucifer is not good, I guess I would have to go down with my Humanistic morals.

Mister Emu said:
What if you discovered both were right

Hell, is incompatible with a loving God. When will you fundies learn. :rolleyes:

MdmSzdWhtGuy

Interesting. Not to go off topic, but according to LDS doctrine, that would be an option.

Yup, and that is my personal trump card on the infintesimally small chance that you guy's did get it right. I have some Mormon friends who insist on praying for me after I die, and I told them whole heartedly to get after it, and I hope they are right and I am wrong.

How I would react is a good question. If the Mormon's are right, then I think I would react in a very happy manner. If the Baptists are right, then I will be smoking in Hell, so I would react in pain, and if anyone other than the Gnostics are right, I would want to know how the Old and New testaments could be written in the way that they are, which lead the Gnostics to beleive that the original Creator God of the OT was evil, while the divine spark shown in Jesus (NT) was good.

B.

Panda

42?
Premium Member
I think I would be burning in hell for being an unbeliever. And once you know how can you believe? Then you don't believe you know big difference.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
Eh? i pose the OPPOSITE question!
"Jehova! You got some 'splaining to do!"

Actually, unless you are holding up Christianity as the epitome of theism, it's not the "opposite" question.

Ðanisty;922584 said:
It really depends on what is meant by "right." Is the question, how would you react if the Bible turned out to be true?
Whose interpretation?

Hema

Sweet n Spicy
As opposed to other religions being wrong? ;)

There are no wrong religions so Christianity is right as well as as the other paths. :)

Prometheus

Semper Perconctor
If the Christian God existed and the were a Heaven and Hell, I would weep bitterly for humanity. It is a tyranny we can't even escape by killing ourselves.

Ðanisty

Yup, and that is my personal trump card on the infintesimally small chance that you guy's did get it right. I have some Mormon friends who insist on praying for me after I die, and I told them whole heartedly to get after it, and I hope they are right and I am wrong.

How I would react is a good question. If the Mormon's are right, then I think I would react in a very happy manner. If the Baptists are right, then I will be smoking in Hell, so I would react in pain, and if anyone other than the Gnostics are right, I would want to know how the Old and New testaments could be written in the way that they are, which lead the Gnostics to beleive that the original Creator God of the OT was evil, while the divine spark shown in Jesus (NT) was good.
I believe the Creator God of the OT is evil and Jesus was good. :shrug: Are you asking how anyone could believe that or how anyone could not believe that?

Whose interpretation?
I was addressing the OP. I would like madhatter to be more specific.