• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Humans did NOT evolve from the common ancestor of Apes

Aman725

I'm so sorry but so far, all you do is just quote dig, even if they are totally unrelated at all to everything that you are claiming. You know, showing what the bible really suggest is different from making it suggest something that isn't really in it. So where exactly did you get all of these things (or claims, more appropriately) and the info's that BACK IT UP to say that the scripture DOES say such thing?

Dear Renji, I don't quote dig as you so falsely claim. I support what I write with the AGREEMENT of God's Holy Word with Science and History. IF you wish to try to refute me, then go ahead, and I will show you of your Scriptural illiteracy. God Bless you.

Aman725

So, Magic?

Doesn't this response kind of fly in the face of your so-called consolidation of Science, Scripture, and History?

Dear jonathan, No, it shows the strange view you have of the Lord. He would find it a very easy task to transport Noah's descendants to the face of the whole Earth. After all, He is the SAME God who scattered the Stars throughout our Cosmos. God Bless you.

Aman725

Time is relative - it cannot be measured except within the confines of our own constructs.

Sojourner and A_E, in the face of the concept of inerrancy, all you have to do is poke a single hole. Why not put that school money to good use and waste time on a useless internet argument with a highly unorthodox cherry-picker. Isn't THIS what you spent all those hours studying for... ;)

Dear Jonathan, Today is the 6th Creative Day. We live at Gen 1:27 because God is STILL creating Adam (mankind) in His Image which is in Christ, Spiritually. Those who are born again Spiritually on this Day of Salvation, will go on to life Eternal, on the 7th Day, which is Eternity. I tell you this before the Judgment at the end of this Day, so you cannot say that no one told you. God Bless you.

jonathan180iq

Dear Jonathan, Today is the 6th Creative Day. We live at Gen 1:27 because God is STILL creating Adam (mankind) in His Image which is in Christ, Spiritually. Those who are born again Spiritually on this Day of Salvation, will go on to life Eternal, on the 7th Day, which is Eternity. I tell you this before the Judgment at the end of this Day, so you cannot say that no one told you. God Bless you.
Thanks. You've saved my soul. I'm converted.

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
Genesis predicts
No. It doesn't. You're confused. or willfully ignorant.
but phonies cannot understand.
Guess you'e the phony, in that case.
Didn't they teach you that in seminary?
No. they taught us reality in seminary. And the reality is that the writers of the OT had no knowledge of Jesus, and that it's a big mistake to read "Jesus" into any of the OT texts.
I haven't predicted anything.
Yes you have:
I predict you and your all knowing buddy will soon run away
I leave that to God who predicts that the Lion will lay down by the Lamb when Jesus returns. Gen 1:30 Or did you skip school the day of that lesson?
Gen. 1:30 predicts nothing, nor does it talk about the lion lying down by the lamb. Nor does any other verse in the bible talk about the lion and lamb lying down together.
You're talking about Isaiah, which patently is prophecy, but you're mushing together two completely separate verses, perhaps by separate authors. Isaiah 11:6 says:
"The wolf shall live with the lamb,
the leopard shall lie down with the kid,
the calf and the lion and the fatling together,
and a little child shall lead them."

Then, Isaiah 65:25 (probably by a different author) says:
"The wolf and the lamb shall feed together,
the lion shall eat straw like the ox;
but the serpent—its food shall be dust!
They shall not hurt or destroy
on all my holy mountain,
says the Lord."

And neither of the prophecies are referring to creation. they are highly metaphoric images. The lion has nothing at all to do with the lamb in either one. In fact, the lion never lies down. So I don't know what you're talking about when you assert that Genesis predicts that the lion and the lamb will lie down together when Jesus returns. Especially since Jesus is never mentioned in Genesis.

But then, I don't read "The Imaginary Scriptures," or "My First Big Picture Book of Pseudo-bible Verses" and then pretend to have actually read the bible. I prefer to stick to the bona fide article. Perhaps you should do the same.

jonathan180iq

But then, I don't read "The Imaginary Scriptures," or "My First Big Picture Book of Pseudo-bible Verses" and then pretend to have actually read the bible. I prefer to stick to the bona fide article. Perhaps you should do the same.
Ask him for a citation and see if you can get one...

jonathan180iq

Dear jonathan, No, it shows the strange view you have of the Lord. He would find it a very easy task to transport Noah's descendants to the face of the whole Earth. After all, He is the SAME God who scattered the Stars throughout our Cosmos. God Bless you.

The Teleporting God of Other Earth - sounds like an amazing Science Fiction novel.

jonathan180iq

I especially liked how they managed to suspend the big floating hand over the tower to fling little paper people all over the page.

A

angellous_evangellous

Time is relative - it cannot be measured except within the confines of our own constructs.

Sojourner and A_E, in the face of the concept of inerrancy, all you have to do is poke a single hole. Why not put that school money to good use and waste time on a useless internet argument with a highly unorthodox cherry-picker. Isn't THIS what you spent all those hours studying for... ;)

I can't speak for Sojourner - but I have no pity for Aman777. He can continue merrily making stuff up. I don't care....

He's valuable to me because he's entertaining.

Aman725

No. It doesn't. You're confused. or willfully ignorant.

Guess you'e the phony, in that case.

No. they taught us reality in seminary. And the reality is that the writers of the OT had no knowledge of Jesus, and that it's a big mistake to read "Jesus" into any of the OT texts.

Yes you have:

Gen. 1:30 predicts nothing, nor does it talk about the lion lying down by the lamb. Nor does any other verse in the bible talk about the lion and lamb lying down together.
You're talking about Isaiah, which patently is prophecy, but you're mushing together two completely separate verses, perhaps by separate authors. Isaiah 11:6 says:
"The wolf shall live with the lamb,
the leopard shall lie down with the kid,
the calf and the lion and the fatling together,
and a little child shall lead them."

Then, Isaiah 65:25 (probably by a different author) says:
"The wolf and the lamb shall feed together,
the lion shall eat straw like the ox;
but the serpent—its food shall be dust!
They shall not hurt or destroy
on all my holy mountain,
says the Lord."

And neither of the prophecies are referring to creation. they are highly metaphoric images. The lion has nothing at all to do with the lamb in either one. In fact, the lion never lies down. So I don't know what you're talking about when you assert that Genesis predicts that the lion and the lamb will lie down together when Jesus returns. Especially since Jesus is never mentioned in Genesis.

Dear sojourner, Your Scriptural illiteracy is coming to the front. Tell us what Day Adam was made, and then what Day Eve was made. i don't think you can. Fool me.

John 1:3 also tells us that without Jesus was not anything made which was made. Can you tell us of the role of Jesus in the Creation. I seriously doubt it. Fool me.

Scripture tells us that those who have NOT been born Spiritually should be tested. This is your test. I predict you will either fail or refuse to answer. God Bless you.

Sonofason

You can butter it up all you like, fact remains the only reason you dismiss his credentials is because he disagrees with you.
If you wish for others to stop calling you out on your dishonesty, stop being dishonest.
No, you do not get to decide why I do anything. I dismiss his credentials because I believe that he is wrong. Therefore it is my opinion that his credentials have served him no good.