• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I Am American

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
Well, thanks Dust1n. It's good to know I can always count on you for a good scrap!

Kathryn

Yes, look at the flak I caught for being so proud of being an American, Caladan. Seems it's not just the Jews who are persecuted and challenged when they tout pride in their heritage and the singular accomplishments of their people!

But thanks for the opportunity to plagiarize you. I think I used much cooler pictures in my OP, though...

Caladan

Agnostic Pantheist
Yes, look at the flak I caught for being so proud of being an American, Caladan. Seems it's not just the Jews who are persecuted and challenged when they tout pride
It's always amusing to see the big boys going into a hissy fit whenever a minority inspires itself in its Own DIR, only to be invaded by the Christian Crusaders.
Furthermore it is also highly telling and memorable, that when other large groups do the same (as in the case of the Islam DIR), the same Crusaders have not said a single word.

The message is clear. Jews are not to raise their heads in pride.

But thanks for the opportunity to plagiarize you. I think I used much cooler pictures in my OP, though...
Well I guess I'll just have to work harder!

Kathryn

Or Caladan - maybe the "crusaders" simply MISSED the Islam thread.

I know I did.

Sometimes it's just not about us - but we've all got an intrinsically self centered view.

Caladan

Agnostic Pantheist
It's true......you shouldn't raise your head & be noticed. You'll be
mercilessly mocked & viciously attacked...just like everyone else.
Well yes. but I'm bigger. I haven't been beaten since.. hmm since. junior high.
All I'm saying is, never get involved in a land war in Asia. study your history. :cool:

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Well yes. but I'm bigger. I haven't been beaten since.. hmm since. junior high.
All I'm saying is, never get involved in a land war in Asia. study your history. :cool:
Good advice. I've done my best to avoid war ever since I was eligible for the draft.

dust1n

Zindīq
Yes, look at the flak I caught for being so proud of being an American, Caladan. Seems it's not just the Jews who are persecuted and challenged when they tout pride in their heritage and the singular accomplishments of their people!

Well, A.) Caladan wasn't fishing for a certain type of response, and if he was I can't imagine why he would be upset when got that certain type of response and B.) It was in a religious DIR.

Kathryn

Well, A.) Caladan wasn't fishing for a certain type of response, and if he was I can't imagine why he would be upset when got that certain type of response and B.) It was in a religious DIR.

Are you aware that he posted his thread as a sort of experiment and in response to the earlier thread "I Am Muslim"? At least that was his implication in his thread.

Nothing wrong with that - I'm just sayin'.

I was just jumping on the bandwagon. I think someone else has started a "I Am An Australian" and "I Am A Revoltistanian" also.

You should start one yourself! It's what all the cool kids are doing!

dust1n

Zindīq
Are you aware that he posted his thread as a sort of experiment and in response to the earlier thread "I Am Muslim"? At least that was his implication in his thread.

Nothing wrong with that - I'm just sayin'.

I was just jumping on the bandwagon. I think someone else has started a "I Am An Australian" and "I Am A Revoltistanian" also.

You should start one yourself! It's what all the cool kids are doing!

**** that. I'm dust1n. What do you want to know?