• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I am me

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
I guess as a result of that I have the mind frame of not wanting too many friends. I'm a hermit and in high school I never had any motivation to become popular. However in one High School people did respect me because I didn't hide from who I was, if someone didn't like a band I was into I didn't make excuses. In foster care it was pretty much the same way, I wasn't a sheep I was who I was. I guess not caring what people think of me also played a part.

After reading what you endured as a young person, I am sure that being an individual rather than running with the crowd, probably saved your life.

"Poor me" is a lousy mindset :(......I am glad to hear that you got to rise above it. Being negative just invites more negativity into your life. Try to stay positive....you have a life and you can try to make the best of it despite your bad start. ;) The Bible says that "there is more happiness in giving than in receiving"....in a selfish world that only promotes "receiving", people wonder why they have so much but are still miserable.... o_O

Kori

Dark Valkyrie...what's not to love?
After reading what you endured as a young person, I am sure that being an individual rather than running with the crowd, probably saved your life.

"Poor me" is a lousy mindset :(......I am glad to hear that you got to rise above it. Being negative just invites more negativity into your life. Try to stay positive....you have a life and you can try to make the best of it despite your bad start. ;) The Bible says that "there is more happiness in giving than in receiving"....in a selfish world that only promotes "receiving", people wonder why they have so much but are still miserable.... o_O

Make no mistake I do have my moments where I do feel sorry for myself. However, it ends quickly. It mostly happens when I am reminded of past failures like in romantic relationships for example.

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
Make no mistake I do have my moments where I do feel sorry for myself. However, it ends quickly. It mostly happens when I am reminded of past failures like in romantic relationships for example.

The need for a mate is normal, but finding a trustworthy one is not so easy. Unfortunately misery loves company and damaged souls usually find solace with other damaged souls.
The problem then becomes the damage itself and how one person's damage (baggage) interacts with another's. This is sometimes a recipe for disaster as your former girlfriend seems to demonstrate. This is why I believe that it is better to listen to our Maker than to ourselves. He can tell us how to navigate these difficult roads by providing a GPS along with an instruction manual that gives advice on how to negotiate the hard parts of the journey. It only works to the extent that you follow it however. Most choose not to follow it and wonder why they end up lost. :(

Kori

Dark Valkyrie...what's not to love?
The need for a mate is normal, but finding a trustworthy one is not so easy. Unfortunately misery loves company and damaged souls usually find solace with other damaged souls.
The problem then becomes the damage itself and how one person's damage (baggage) interacts with another's. This is sometimes a recipe for disaster as your former girlfriend seems to demonstrate. This is why I believe that it is better to listen to our Maker than to ourselves. He can tell us how to navigate these difficult roads by providing a GPS along with an instruction manual that gives advice on how to negotiate the hard parts of the journey. It only works to the extent that you follow it however. Most choose not to follow it and wonder why they end up lost. :(

For good or for ill I will think logically yet remain devoted to a woman. Pay attention to her actions but also not give up on passion.

Buttercup

Veteran Member
I guess as a result of that I have the mind frame of not wanting too many friends. I'm a hermit and in high school I never had any motivation to become popular. However in one High School people did respect me because I didn't hide from who I was, if someone didn't like a band I was into I didn't make excuses. In foster care it was pretty much the same way, I wasn't a sheep I was who I was. I guess not caring what people think of me also played a part.
You're in your 30's now, it's time to come out of your cocoon! :)