• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

*[I believe] Atheism is an absurd worldview

skl

A man on a mission
About what please?
Whether gods exist only in people's imagination or not? I say they exist for the most part in people's minds.
But I think the mind is able to make things true.
Have you never read, "in the place of your father there will be your son"?
Santa Claus exists only if people exist. God exists with people or without people. See Genesis. OK?

Some gods have to be physical because they handle physical things. God is Spirit. So God is different than other imagined things.

I would say you are confused and have reality mixed up with fantasy. The mind may make an illusion for you to see in the real world but it can do it so much better in the so called spiritual world inside your mind so of course it appears real to you but the mind cannot manifest illusions and transfer them into an earthly reality. You have been programmed to accept religion as factual since birth and if you reveal interest your emotions will be fully exploited.

If people did not exist, god could definitely not exist, what would he be needed for how could he? I do however have a feeling cockroaches would be the exception.

Rick O'Shez

Irishman bouncing off walls
Where are all the atheistic Christian, Jewish, etc, churches, then?
Obviously, it has to do with theistic ideas. When you separate theism from the religions, your argument might make sense.

Monotheism is not the only game in town.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I would say you are confused
I know you are confused and the reason is you are not paying attention.
and have reality mixed up with fantasy.
That is schizophrenia . I don't have that.
The mind may make an illusion for you to see in the real world
True that.
but it can do it so much better in the so called spiritual world inside your mind so of course it appears real to you but the mind cannot manifest illusions and transfer them into an earthly reality.
"It" is not right. IT does not appear real. I think the PATTERN (this time pay attention, please) is real. Each event isn't real imo.
You have been programmed to accept religion as factual since birth and if you reveal interest your emotions will be fully exploited.
No. That isn't right. First of all. religion is a vehicle to use, it is not real. Secondly, I was not "believing" until I experienced an event. The event was not a hallucination because it lasted many days or months.

If people did not exist, god could definitely not exist, what would he be needed for how could he? I do however have a feeling cockroaches would be the exception.
I do not base my faith on Biology. I base it on Physics.

ArtieE

How are you defining 'normal'? Most people aren't atheists.
Well, all people are more or less atheistic in that they don't believe in the existence of one or more gods. Some people have just made an exception to their non-belief in gods for the particular god(s) they believe in.

McBell

Admiral Obvious
About what please?
Whether gods exist only in people's imagination or not? I say they exist for the most part in people's minds.
But I think the mind is able to make things true.
Have you never read, "in the place of your father there will be your son"?
Santa Claus exists only if people exist. God exists with people or without people. See Genesis. OK?

Some gods have to be physical because they handle physical things. God is Spirit. So God is different than other imagined things.
You are chasing your own tail.

skl

A man on a mission
I know you are confused and the reason is you are not paying attention.
That is schizophrenia . I don't have that.
True that.
"It" is not right. IT does not appear real. I think the PATTERN (this time pay attention, please) is real. Each event isn't real imo. No. That isn't right. First of all. religion is a vehicle to use, it is not real. Secondly, I was not "believing" until I experienced an event. The event was not a hallucination because it lasted many days or months.

I do not base my faith on Biology. I base it on Physics.

OK it appears this “event” you experienced is real not an hallucination because it lasted days and months.

I am not in the habit of asking for personal details and I never will, however anything connected to miracles, an amazing series of events or similar occurrences can be explained by physics as you would know, so are you chasing your own tail as Mestemia asked?

I cannot think of any circumstances beyond unquestionable and physical evidence where I would even remotely consider any perceived god to be responsible for anything anywhere.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
OK it appears this “event” you experienced is real not an hallucination because it lasted days and months.

I am not in the habit of asking for personal details and I never will, however anything connected to miracles, an amazing series of events or similar occurrences can be explained by physics as you would know, so are you chasing your own tail as Mestemia asked?

I cannot think of any circumstances beyond unquestionable and physical evidence where I would even remotely consider any perceived god to be responsible for anything anywhere.
You have decided. I haven't.