• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I believe UFO and Aliens are real.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Honestly i believe UFO'S and aliens do exist and that they have visitede us hete on earth.

It would be very strange if only this planet called earth was populated.

How about you? What do you believe or think of the UFO/Alien topic?

Why is it so "scary" to admit that they might exist?

Viker

Your beloved eccentric Auntie Cristal
They have to exist. I just don't know if they're here or have been here. Like a broken record, I don't believe we're alone in the universe. Just don't know them personally.

The answer to your last question could be there is no incontrovertible evidence, people don't want to appear "crazy".

exchemist

Veteran Member
Honestly i believe UFO'S and aliens do exist and that they have visitede us hete on earth.

"In space travel, the numbers are awful".

Most unlikely our planet would have been visited by intelligent life forms, especially without leaving any trace.

Suave

Simulated character

The odds of an extraterrestrial carbon based life form travelling to Earth by spacecraft is nearly zero, because as an object with mass such as a spaceship travels faster, its relativistic mass increases. Eventually, as a spaceship approaches an appreciable fraction of the speed of light, most of the energy to propel the spacecraft will be expended in increasing the spacecraft's relativistic mass instead of accelerating its velocity. This means that the speed of light is a universal speed limit which nothing of significant mass could even come anywhere near close to approaching. Because of the vastness of space between solar systems and the fact that spaceships can't accelerate to anywhere near the speed of light, I believe that interstellar space travel with significant mass is impossible. Humans have most likely never interacted with any extraterrestrial beings who are limited to conventional space travel nor will likely ever come into contact with extraterrestrials by conventional space travel. Communications with electromagnetic waves could travel at light speed; but the nearest habitable star systems are dozens of light years away. It would take either us or extraterrestrials many years to reach our nearest solar systems with either radio or light signals.

Erebus

I believe that there are living things on other planets somewhere out there. If the universe is even half as big as scientists suspect, the odds seem to be very much in favour of aliens existing somewhere.

As for alien spacecraft visiting Earth, it gets a little trickier. I knew somebody who claimed to have seen a flying saucer up close. He's somebody who I consider intelligent and honest so I don't think he was lying. However, I also can't rule out the possibility that he was mistaken. As I haven't seen anything myself, I try to maintain a neutral disbelief in them. It's all too easy to jump to the conclusion that the people who claim to have seen a UFO must be mistaken or lying.

As for how scary the possibility of aliens coming to Earth is, I suppose I would have to ask why are they coming to Earth? If we don't know anything about their nature or intentions, it would be perfectly possible that they present a significant danger to us.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
The odds of an extraterrestrial carbon based life form travelling to Earth by spacecraft is nearly zero, because as an object with mass such as a spaceship travels faster, its relativistic mass increases. Eventually, as a spaceship approaches an appreciable fraction of the speed of light, most of the energy to propel the spacecraft will be expended in increasing the spacecraft's relativistic mass instead of accelerating its velocity. This means that the speed of light is a universal speed limit which nothing of significant mass could even come anywhere near close to approaching. Because of the vastness of space between solar systems and the fact that spaceships can't accelerate to anywhere near the speed of light, I believe that interstellar space travel with significant mass is impossible. Humans have most likely never interacted with any extraterrestrial beings who are limited to conventional space travel nor will likely ever come into contact with extraterrestrials by conventional space travel. Communications with electromagnetic waves could travel at light speed; but the nearest habitable star systems are dozens of light years away. It would take either us or extraterrestrials many years to reach our nearest solar systems with either radio or light signals.
What if they have technology we humans do not yet have or understand how to use?
What if they are able to bend spacetime? So actually their travel does not take years but minutes?

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
I believe that there are living things on other planets somewhere out there. If the universe is even half as big as scientists suspect, the odds seem to be very much in favour of aliens existing somewhere.

As for alien spacecraft visiting Earth, it gets a little trickier. I knew somebody who claimed to have seen a flying saucer up close. He's somebody who I consider intelligent and honest so I don't think he was lying. However, I also can't rule out the possibility that he was mistaken. As I haven't seen anything myself, I try to maintain a neutral disbelief in them. It's all too easy to jump to the conclusion that the people who claim to have seen a UFO must be mistaken or lying.

As for how scary the possibility of aliens coming to Earth is, I suppose I would have to ask why are they coming to Earth? If we don't know anything about their nature or intentions, it would be perfectly possible that they present a significant danger to us.
I would only be able to answer your question if I had met and spoken to aliens:) but i have not done that :)

As far as I know

Nimos

I think its plausible that intelligent aliens could exist somewhere else in the Universe, but it depends on how rare the development of advance intelligence is and whether such species could survive long enough.

Looking at Earth there have been some massive extinctions throughout our history. But also as far as we know, out of all the millions or billions of species that have developed here, only one have reached advanced intelligence, which could suggest that it might be fairly rare.

Then we have the whole issue of travelling around the Universe at speeds which would make visiting others possible, and as far as we know this is not exactly easy or even possible.

And last I personally don't think an alien lifeform with such capabilities would be particularly scared of making their presence known for us. They would be like God(s) compared to us with absolutely nothing to fear. I also think such lifeforms would be much more enlighten in regards to existence than we are and value peace and collaboration above anything else. So I don't think they would be hostile or would want to steal our resources or probe us etc. as we are often presented with in science fiction movies.

I think they as humans have now, would have gone way past the idea of exterminating other lifeforms simply for doing so. Like if we for some reason found life on Mars, we wouldn't go there with the intention of getting rid of it.

If we are just talking lower alien lifeforms, I think there is a lot of it in the Universe, but given the size of it, it might appear to us as if there is hardly any.

So all in all, I don't really buy the idea of them having visited us and would need solid evidence before believing this to being the case.

Nimos

What if they have technology we humans do not yet have or understand how to use?
What if they are able to bend spacetime? So actually their travel does not take years but minutes?
This could also be possible.

We have to be careful to not assume that we know everything there is to know about the Universe, many people throughout history have made that mistake. Maybe they have development some quantum space travelling technology that we have absolutely no clue about or maybe some other technology. But at least if they are using "speed" as there means of travelling then I doubt they have been here.

Suave

Simulated character
If there were exotic matter found to be capable of warping space for faster than light travel, then I would seriously reconsider the likelihood of extraterrestrial beings travelling to Earth.

blü 2

Veteran Member
Premium Member
What if it were the only planet populated with beings who think like Homo sapiens?
We have no present notion of how we could travel faster than light, nowhere to stand for a theoretical base for doing it.

We equally have no present notion of how we could make inertia cease to be a problem.

So what aliens, from where, to do what?

Why the secrecy? If they want to know about us, why don't they just come in through the front door?

Why would an alien who could do such things give a plugged nickel what an earth navy could do? Our fellow earthlings would be the ones motivated to look into that.

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
If they had such technology, do you think they couldn't hide their presence on Earth? Unless of course they are doing such deliberately and just weaning us into accepting that life exists elsewhere. But the alternatives - as to our being mistaken as to such phenomena does seem to appeal to most scientists more than the claims. And as to which, I would go with the scientists - distances and all that. :oops:

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
If they had such technology, do you think they couldn't hide their presence on Earth? Unless of course they are doing such deliberately and just weaning us into accepting that life exists elsewhere. But the alternatives - as to our being mistaken as to such phenomena does seem to appeal to most scientists more than the claims. And as to which, I would go with the scientists - distances and all that. :oops:
They might have already shown their technology here, since the 1950's technology has rissen more than any time before on earth so in 70 year more technology has come on earth than billion of years before. That sound Un natural

RestlessSoul

If there were exotic matter found to be capable of warping space for faster than light travel, then I would seriously reconsider the likelihood of extraterrestrial beings travelling to Earth.

The problem is that Einstein's Special Theory of Relativity, which has had it's predictions consistently confirmed for over a century now, posits that it would require infinite energy for a body with mass (photons - light particles - have no mass) to achieve the speed of light, and at that point space in front of the moving object would contract to zero, and time would cease. So unless Einstein's theory is completely wrong, it is impossible for any material object to reach or exceed the speed of light. Immaterial bodies may be another matter.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member

If there were no aliens out there then the universe is an awfully big waste of space.

Travel to our little backwater planet, tucked away close to a fairly insignificant sun nestling part way up one of the spiral arms of our galaxy with the nearest neighbour sun being around 4.25 light years away seems a very remote possibility.

It does seem however thar there is a potentially habitable planet there, just around the corner in galactic terms and right next door compared to the rest of the universe.

danieldemol

Premium Member

I'm inclined to think Aliens might exist somewhere in the universe, but one possible problem with an alien visit is that the exchange of diseases between them and us would likely wipe a major portion of one or both of us out.

And the evidence seems to suggest that Covid-19 had local origins.

In my opinion.

danieldemol

Premium Member
They might have already shown their technology here, since the 1950's technology has rissen more than any time before on earth so in 70 year more technology has come on earth than billion of years before. That sound Un natural
You can probably blame the invention of the transistor (1947) which ushered in an era of cheap small electronic devices for that.

You might find this timeline of technology by encyclopedia Britannica informative;

History of Technology Timeline

In my opinion.