• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I love sex....But I blame it on Satan

Orias

Left Hand Path
But wait....I love sex. I love being with different women and not being attached emotionally to one I think that is complete evidence of knowing what I want.

That sums up the last part of my last post.

You don't need a Satanist to tell you that sexual urge is just a typical human drive, that should of been obvious around the ages of 10 to 12.

Mr. Skittles

That sums up the last part of my last post.

You don't need a Satanist to tell you that sexual urge is just a typical human drive, that should of been obvious around the ages of 10 to 12.

Sure. But what about the Muslim? Or Jew? Or any of those who beliefs subscribes to sexual restraint? Satanist believe (just going by what I know) that mankind should indulge in natural emotions, people of other faiths believe that those urges are best for marriage.

Orias

Left Hand Path
Sure. But what about the Muslim? Or Jew? Or any of those who beliefs subscribes to sexual restraint? Satanist believe (just going by what I know) that mankind should indulge in natural emotions, people of other faiths believe that those urges are best for marriage.

Well I did read an article once that said girls who swallow generally tend have a cleaner and more resilient mouth.

But then, there is a different between indulgence, and mindless self indulgence.

But even in some cases, like in the Muslim world they can have multiple wives that they are married too.

But I'm still wondering how serious you are about all of this, and what exactly your point is ;)

Alceste

Vagabond
Slippery slope fallacy: If it's OK to enjoy sex at all then it must be OK to enjoy risky, irresponsible sex.

If it's OK to cross the road, it must be OK to lurch out unexpectedly into thick, fast highway traffic.

Same logic at play.

Mr. Skittles

Well I did read an article once that said girls who swallow generally tend have a cleaner and more resilient mouth.

But then, there is a different between indulgence, and mindless self indulgence.

But even in some cases, like in the Muslim world they can have multiple wives that they are married too.

But I'm still wondering how serious you are about all of this, and what exactly your point is ;)

The point is if indulging in sex whether risky or safe is good?

NIX

Daughter of Chaos
What sex doesn't come with risks?

It's funny to me that people think marriage (and monogamy in general) somehow does away with sexual risks.

NIX

Daughter of Chaos
But wait....I love sex. I love being with different women and not being attached emotionally to one I think that is complete evidence of knowing what I want.

If you don't like/want emotional attachment, it's best that you not give any woman the impression that you might possibly want an emotionally committed relationship with your sex.
In such a case you need to actively find partners who just want sex, like you.

Unless what you mean by "not being attached emotionally to one" is that it is in your nature to be emotionally attached to more than one (sexual partner).
In that case you have a responsibility to inform the women you might want to become intimate with, that you are polyamorous. Obviously, this will only really work if they are of the 'poly' sort themselves. :shrug:

Last edited:

Cassiopia

Sugar and Spice
Actually Satanists.......

I am under the impression that a part of the philosophy of satanist, indulging in the pleasures of sex is natural and should be embraced (but if I am wrong please correct me). If I am correct, then I must ask: if indulging in the pleasures of sex is right then is indulging in the pleasures of risky sex (risk could be sleeping with strangers or multiple strangers or having sex without using a contraceptive).

Perhaps some would argue that indulging in the pleasures of the flesh is normal and risk attributed to that is perhaps societies way of "demonizing" (no pun intended) it....At least I could see a satanist argue that point. However, with the rapid spread of HIV/AIDS and bacterial STD's and herpes is indulging in the flesh the right thing?

I guess in other words by embracing my sexual desires as apart of my human nature am I doing more harm than good?

But wouldn't a Satanist argue that "what is risk when the urge is there?" Life is a risk right?

Well regarding the first quote in which you questioned what made me think that, I would say that wouldn't you, as a satanist argue that the sexual urge is a natural stimulant of the human. Therefore, for a lack of a better word "horny" and wanting sex or wanting to have multiple partners is merely being human?
I think most of your questions have been answered. I would indeed argue that the sexual urge is natural for humans, even if I weren't a Satanist. In the same way, yes, being horny is natural although I am not sure how many people actually want to have multiple partners.
However the title of your thread is "I love sex, but I blame it on Satan." I am not quite sure what your angle is here. Are you saying that you personally love sex but that you personally blame it on Satan? In which case I would say that is a cop out and if you want to blame anybody, blame yourself. But it isn't really about blame, it is merely about taking responsibility for your own actions. If you want to have sex make sure it is truly consensual and take whatever precautions you and your partner(s) think are wise. And don't blame anyone other than yourself for whatever consequences follow your decisions.
Or, are you arguing that Satanists blame Satan for their sexual urges; in which case you are mistaken. We don't blame Satan for our humanity.

Mr. Skittles

I think most of your questions have been answered. I would indeed argue that the sexual urge is natural for humans, even if I weren't a Satanist. In the same way, yes, being horny is natural although I am not sure how many people actually want to have multiple partners.
However the title of your thread is "I love sex, but I blame it on Satan." I am not quite sure what your angle is here. Are you saying that you personally love sex but that you personally blame it on Satan? In which case I would say that is a cop out and if you want to blame anybody, blame yourself. But it isn't really about blame, it is merely about taking responsibility for your own actions. If you want to have sex make sure it is truly consensual and take whatever precautions you and your partner(s) think are wise. And don't blame anyone other than yourself for whatever consequences follow your decisions.
Or, are you arguing that Satanists blame Satan for their sexual urges; in which case you are mistaken. We don't blame Satan for our humanity.

I take you guys on this forum don't get satire much. The title of this thread is to poke fun at the term "the devil made me do it."

As far as whether my question was answered perhaps yes.....and no.

Let me play devils advocate (no pun intended) in that I believe I can blame Satanist or Satan for my urges.

Cassiopia

Sugar and Spice
I take you guys on this forum don't get satire much. The title of this thread is to poke fun at the term "the devil made me do it."

As far as whether my question was answered perhaps yes.....and no.

Let me play devils advocate (no pun intended) in that I believe I can blame Satanist or Satan for my urges.
You're so funny. :rolleyes:

Mr. Skittles

Whats risk, getting caught? Getting an std or a child?

Part of indulging is being aware of the consequences.

True. I am referring to my inner urges. I am human. I love sex. As far as Satanist philosophy is concerned the human should not deny what is natural. The problem is what if I am a sex addict? That is, at least that is socially defined as an abnormal act in which I have an enormous drive to have sex and also exhibit voyuerist, and exhibitionist behavior which is exposed to the public. The additional problem is what I find natural is or can be illegal. I find the Satanist argument of "going with what is naturally human" flawed because if I show sexual restraint then I naturally am going against my nature.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
I wouldn't say it's necessarily sex, but a value of Satanism is indulgence rather than abstinence. The LHP though does not insist there are any catch-all gratifications. Too some it could be covering every inch of their body with tattoos and piercings.
But as for sex, self-preservation also tends to rank high among those of the LHP, and to some it could limit them to our social norm of serial monogamy, but some will participate in orgies, open relationships, etc. My own personal philosophy (outside of my relationship) is protection is a must, and no funky smells, goos, or bumps.

Mr. Skittles

I wouldn't say it's necessarily sex, but a value of Satanism is indulgence rather than abstinence. The LHP though does not insist there are any catch-all gratifications. Too some it could be covering every inch of their body with tattoos and piercings.
But as for sex, self-preservation also tends to rank high among those of the LHP, and to some it could limit them to our social norm of serial monogamy, but some will participate in orgies, open relationships, etc. My own personal philosophy (outside of my relationship) is protection is a must, and no funky smells, goos, or bumps.

What you got against goo? LOL

Orias

Left Hand Path
The problem is what if I am a sex addict?

"What ifs" don't define the complete function of what is being discussed here.

I am a strong advocate of embracing nature, not just our own but everything.

There is a way around everything, and if you are a sex addict what type of advice are you asking for here?

Mr. Skittles

"What ifs" don't define the complete function of what is being discussed here.

I am a strong advocate of embracing nature, not just our own but everything.

There is a way around everything, and if you are a sex addict what type of advice are you asking for here?

No its not a what if. I personally like sex with multiple women all hours of the day. Of course I work but sexual addiction is a reality why talk around this fact?

Orias

Left Hand Path
No its not a what if. I personally like sex with multiple women all hours of the day. Of course I work but sexual addiction is a reality why talk around this fact?

You said "what if I am a sex addict"?

Other than that, I'm not sure at what your really trying to get at.