• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

If a God exists, and claimed to be good, and moral, would his claim necessarily be true?

monti

If a God exists, and claimed to be good, and moral, would his claim necessarily be true?
Did a God ever claim to be good and moral ?
I know of one that claims to jealous and vengeful and who is forever woe-ing towards humans.
Examples on request. :)

chinu

chinu
I look forward to reading comments from readers.
Like.. A Lover who need not to claim to be good and moral for beloved,
Similarly.. God need not to claim to be good and moral for his children,

He loves his children without claims, or in other words he even need not such claims :)

chinu

chinu
No. He would have to demonstrate it.
A mother took her child to the doctor for treatment/for injection because her child is SICK. Just because she loves her child too much.
But the child is shouting, Saying... that his mother isn't Good because she is taking him to the doctor for injection.

Now how can such mother demonstrate her love ?
Of course its a big problem for her.
Thus.. at last she decided not to care her child's SHOUTING :)

chinu

chinu
Also, if God doesn't lie, does that mean he couldn't? Could God lie? If he couldn't is he all-powerful?

If I ask a question.. Who is all powerful.
Honestly.. what's the first picture in your mind ? and what name will you give to that picture ? :)

Iti oj

Global warming is real and we need to act
Premium Member
Honestly.. what's the first picture in your mind ? and what name will you give to that picture ? :)

The collectiveness of mankind.

Saint Frankenstein

Here for the ride
Premium Member
A mother took her child to the doctor for treatment/for injection because her child is SICK. Just because she loves her child too much.
But the child is shouting, Saying... that his mother isn't Good because she is taking him to the doctor for injection.

Now how can such mother demonstrate her love ?
Of course its a big problem for her.
Thus.. at last she decided not to care her child's SHOUTING :)

False equivalence. There's a world or even a universe of difference between a mother taking her sick child to the doctor and a god who is alleged to have to wiped out almost all life on Earth and to urge his followers to commit multiple acts of genocide including killing infants and animals and to enslave the young virgin girls so the conquerors can use them as brood mares, but claiming to be good and the arbiter of morality.

monti

In the real here and now they would be anyone of these

President Obama - U.S.A. Xi Jinping - China. Vladimir Vladimirovich Putin - Russia.
In other words, the one with the biggest stick is "the all powerful".

Sees

Dragonslayer
We will always judge goodness and morality in human terms using human perception and understanding. People kid themselves in my opinion, if they say a claim or action by a supposed divine being is good just because the being says so. It might come out their mouth but doesn't say how they really feel.

*Sick or injured minds and the thoroughly brain-washed not applicable :D

chinu

chinu
False equivalence. There's a world or even a universe of difference between a mother taking her sick child to the doctor and a god who is alleged to have to wiped out almost all life on Earth and to urge his followers to commit multiple acts of genocide including killing infants and animals and to enslave the young virgin girls so the conquerors can use them as brood mares, but claiming to be good and the arbiter of morality.
Its all the part of that Injection/treatment,
Very sadly this treatment is very big and long to understand by a human mind.

Now what to do ?
As I already said in my previous post, He don't care children shouting and crying for this treatment.

chinu

chinu
In the real here and now they would be anyone of these

President Obama - U.S.A. Xi Jinping - China. Vladimir Vladimirovich Putin - Russia.
In other words, the one with the biggest stick is "the all powerful".
No, their wife's are more stronger than them, isn't it ? :D

If still you don't trust, ask them directly. :D