• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

If Christ wasn't the messiah, what was he?

rubi

Didn’t the apostles and first Jewish people who became followers of Jesus Christ understand Hebrew?
I think that as an occupied nation while living under a colonoial regeme like the Roman empire, the language spoken by the people was Hebrew but they knew the foriegn toungue. I also think there was massive manipulation by the Romans for it they had a huge interes in upgrading christ to a God level. in order to do that they had to make him messiah.

Rival

Diex Aie
Staff member
Premium Member
I think that as an occupied nation while living under a colonoial regeme like the Roman empire, the language spoken by the people was Hebrew but they knew the foriegn toungue. I also think there was massive manipulation by the Romans for it they had a huge interes in upgrading christ to a God level. in order to do that they had to make him messiah.
I thought it was mostly Aramaic?

rubi

The problem with Satan, is that when you invoke him, all the bets are off. And if you do not invoke him, then where does evil come from?

For sure that makes any belief system with Satan in it, possibly compromised.

Ciao

- viole
Judaism thinks about Satan like a dog on a leash

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
the native language was Hebrew. I don't know whether they knew to read, though it is highly important to learn Tora. It may cost too much for a poor family
There's long been a debate about what fraction of early Jews could read & write, and I've seen as high as 90% and as low as 10%. However, we can be rest assured that families back then did not have their own Torah.

rubi

Prov. 30:19 can also be understood as the same while a man tries to take it away from here... the way of a snake. So your point is still mute.
I don't understand. you're saying it talks about a man taking a young woman from point A to point B? the phrase and the next phrase clearly says that in the same way an eagle flies in the sky, in the same way a snake on a rock (crawling or laying), in the same way a ship on the high seas, in the same way a man on a woman,
Proverbs 30:20 “This is the way of an adulterous woman:
She eats and wipes her mouth
and says, ‘I’ve done nothing wrong.’ (God is using a clean language calling her vegina as her mouth).
Did God create Adam or was he a evolution of a single cell?
biological evolution is a fact in nature. there is no way to deny it. this how viruses evolve. the mistake sience makes, is that it ignores God's existence and his effect on nature, which is not a bad thing. my point of view is that is, if a scientist need to luanch a rocket to space for example, he shouldn't consider religious claims like the earth is actually flat. to your question, adam was created as full grown young man. we don't really know how he actually looked like.

not specifically talking about you, I think Christians would have a serious difficalty in understanding Judaism point of view about the image of God.

rubi

There's long been a debate about what fraction of early Jews could read & write, and I've seen as high as 90% and as low as 10%. However, we can be rest assured that families back then did not have their own Torah.
the estimation are about how much of the people remembered their teaching, if they had any. so while as children might study the holy language, they might forget if they didn't dealt with it in their day to day life. on the other hand it was widely spoken, so even if you studied as a kid and since then you didn't read a word, you still spoke it, so it might be different then today with you and latin, for example. I think there was a difffernce in periods of time in history

rubi

great song and i think you'll really like it
TRANSLATION:
I have my day and I have my night.
I have my morning and I have my yesterday.
I have my evening.

When the day goes down by the sea,
and the night.. the night,
has already spread darkness as cloak over me.

until dawn, until dawn,
until dawn, sun will shine upon me
sun will shine upon me

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
I don't understand. you're saying it talks about a man taking a young woman from point A to point B? the phrase and the next phrase clearly says that in the same way an eagle flies in the sky, in the same way a snake on a rock (crawling or laying), in the same way a ship on the high seas, in the same way a man on a woman,
Proverbs 30:20 “This is the way of an adulterous woman:
She eats and wipes her mouth
and says, ‘I’ve done nothing wrong.’ (God is using a clean language calling her vegina as her mouth).

Proverbs 30:19 talks about the way of the man with a maid - a young woman of marriage age
Proverbs 30:20 talks about the way of a woman 'ishshah - different thought, different words and a different gender.

biological evolution is a fact in nature. there is no way to deny it. this how viruses evolve. the mistake sience makes, is that it ignores God's existence and his effect on nature, which is not a bad thing. my point of view is that is, if a scientist need to luanch a rocket to space for example, he shouldn't consider religious claims like the earth is actually flat. to your question, adam was created as full grown young man. we don't really know how he actually looked like.

not specifically talking about you, I think Christians would have a serious difficalty in understanding Judaism point of view about the image of God.

I'm not talking about the rest of creation but the creation of man.

Apparently some Jews don't agree with you:

and other understandings:

Last edited:
The one to use here, imo, is: Exodus 4:22

ואמרת אל־פרעה כה אמר יהוה בני בכרי ישראל׃

And you shall say to Pharaoh, Thus said the Lord, Israel is my son, my firstborn;

No need for Hebrew, and basically it means that any Jews is the "Son of God". And then you can follow it up with verses showing that God has no form, and the whole idea of God producing a physical offspring is silly according to Judaism.

The nail in the coffin, if a preacher or missionary is obsessing over Isaiah, ( which they do because of the style of writing there )

Isaiah 2:4 + Matthew 10:34

That's an absolute contradiction. Jesus cannot be the messiah if he is bringing the sword. The messiah is supposed convince people to get rid of their swords and peace will flourish NOT division. The preacher will say, "no no, that's the 2nd coming." But you can just keep posting those verses. Till they put you on ignore, or whatever they do on YT.

We get preachers around here, for sure. So a lot of these topics have been presented and rebuked.
Christ means Messiah so your question doesn't make sense. The sword Christ was bringing wasn't the literal sword, he was here for peace. Its those that didnt believe him that didnt have it. He even said "However, I say to you: Continue to love your enemies and to pray for those who persecute you, so that you may prove yourselves sons of your Father who is in the heavens, since he makes his sun rise on both the wicked and the good and makes it rain on both the righteous and the unrighteous. For if you love those loving you, what reward do you have? Are not also the tax collectors doing the same thing? And if you greet your brothers only, what extraordinary thing are you doing? Are not also the people of the nations doing the same thing?"- Mt 5:43-47

rubi

Proverbs 30:19 talks about the way of the man with a maid - a young woman of marriage age
Proverbs 30:20 talks about the way of a woman 'ishshah - different thought, different words and a different gender.
Proverbs 30:19 The way of an eagle in the air, The way of a serpent on a rock, The way of a ship in the midst of the sea, And the way of a man with a young woman.
Proverbs 30:20 This is the way of an adulterous woman: She eats and wipes her mouth, And says, “I have done no wickedness.”
I'm not talking about the rest of creation but the creation of man.
apparently, you misunderstood me.
adam was created as full grown young man
i don't see where the sources you brought disagree. please quote the actual words

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
Proverbs 30:19 The way of an eagle in the air, The way of a serpent on a rock, The way of a ship in the midst of the sea, And the way of a man with a young woman.
Proverbs 30:20 This is the way of an adulterous woman: She eats and wipes her mouth, And says, “I have done no wickedness.”

Correct.. eagle (not air); serpent (not rock); ship (not sea); man (not virgin woman); adulterous woman.

They are different subjects. Your point still is mute.

apparently, you misunderstood me.
maybe so... will check.

rubi

Christ means Messiah so your question doesn't make sense. The sword Christ was bringing wasn't the literal sword, he was here for peace. Its those that didnt believe him that didnt have it. He even said "However, I say to you: Continue to love your enemies and to pray for those who persecute you, so that you may prove yourselves sons of your Father who is in the heavens, since he makes his sun rise on both the wicked and the good and makes it rain on both the righteous and the unrighteous. For if you love those loving you, what reward do you have? Are not also the tax collectors doing the same thing? And if you greet your brothers only, what extraordinary thing are you doing? Are not also the people of the nations doing the same thing?"- Mt 5:43-47
The source @dybmh brought says every Jew is God's son. there are other phrases that says that. The only people who said that God said he loves are the people of Israel.

Sgt. Pepper

All you need is love.
The source @dybmh brought says every Jew is God's son. there are other phrases that says that. The only people who said that God said he loves are the people of Israel.

I'd like to thank you, as well as the other Jewish members in this thread, for sharing your knowledge and perspective on the Bible. It's very insightful.