• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

If evolution were true

painted wolf

Grey Muzzle
I would think because of the theory of 'adaptation' concerning biological evolution.

So . . .why don't humans have those characteristics/traits of wild animals? . .
Because they are non-adaptive for us.... webbed feet would limit walking. We walk a lot you know.

Claws would limit manual dexterity... we use our hands a lot too.

There is no adaptive pressure to develop either of these traits. Animals only adapt in ways that make sense for their lifestyles. Why would a species that relies on it's ability to walk efficiently and use it's hands for complex tasks adapt away from that?

wa:do

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Because they are non-adaptive for us.... webbed feet would limit walking. We walk a lot you know.

Claws would limit manual dexterity... we use our hands a lot too.

There is no adaptive pressure to develop either of these traits. Animals only adapt in ways that make sense for their lifestyles. Why would a species that relies on it's ability to walk efficiently and use it's hands for complex tasks adapt away from that?
Party pooper....I want webs & claws!

Gunfingers

Happiness Incarnate
We DO periodically see people with webbed feet, which I'm pretty sure is an atavism, and our fingernails are homologous to tiger claws. Thus by OP's prediction Evolution is further strengthened! :)

painted wolf

Grey Muzzle
We DO periodically see people with webbed feet, which I'm pretty sure is an atavism, and our fingernails are homologous to tiger claws. Thus by OP's prediction Evolution is further strengthened! :)
Webbed toes are not an atavism. But I can see why you would think so.

wa:do

Gunfingers

Happiness Incarnate
Yeah, now that I google it I can't find anything that says it's an atavism. I did, however, find out that Dan Akroyd, Joseph Stalin, and the voice of StarCraft 2's Sarah Kerrigan all have webbed toes!