• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

If evolution were true

Biblestudent_007

On a second thought, the -modern creationism- that was developed in the last 200-300 years should not be confused with Catholicism or Orthodox Christianity. <><

Last edited:

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
It may not be reliable to you, however it does show Creationists pov on issues such a fossils and DNA, which is what was asked for.

Unfortunately, it's an untenable point of view that relies upon willful ignorance and intellectual dishonesty.

outhouse

Atheistically
It may not be reliable to you, however it does show Creationists pov on issues such a fossils and DNA, which is what was asked for.

it shows one unvalid branch of creationist most people do not follow.

They are YEC all the way through and do not reflect mainstream christianity or most creationist.

they are however a money making institute that prays on the minds of the uneducated to fall for the lies for dollars.

pwfaith

it shows one unvalid branch of creationist most people do not follow.

They are YEC all the way through and do not reflect mainstream christianity or most creationist.

Do you happen to have any statistics to back this up, with using most and mainstream? I grew up in mainstream Christianity and still live it, most people I know, certainly do believe in YEC and consider this "branch" of Creationism to be completely valid.

Although I suppose much of this greatly depends on what one considers "mainstream".

outhouse

Atheistically
Do you happen to have any statistics to back this up, with using most and mainstream? I grew up in mainstream Christianity and still live it, most people I know, certainly do believe in YEC and consider this "branch" of Creationism to be completely valid.

Although I suppose much of this greatly depends on what one considers "mainstream".

yes I do

Also take into account I do not believe even the vatican follows YEC

YEC is highly a american issue more so then globally.

Young Earth creationism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

take into account 40% of americans are not generally christian

Between 40-50% of adults in the United States say they believe in YEC, depending on the poll.[7] According to a Gallup poll in December 2010, around 40% of Americans believe in YEC, with 52% among Republicans and 34% among Democrats. The percentage falls quickly as the level of education increases&#8212;only 22% of respondents with postgraduate degrees believed compared with 47% of those with a high school education or less

What Do Americans Believe About Creationism and Evolution?</

A 2007 Harris Poll showed the following percentages of Christians who accept the theory of evolution:

Catholics: 43%
Protestants: 30%
"Born-Again Christians": 16%

Skwim

Veteran Member
"
ScreenShot005.jpg

Source: Wikipedia

Last edited:

tarekabdo12

Really? How so? I think if creationism were true, we'd have wings and the strength of a bear.

Why so? We weren't designed to wrestle each others, we were designed to do sublime things with our developed minds and that what differentiates us from other animals.