• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

If God created everything why didn't he create it perfect?

idav

Being
Premium Member
perfection is the standard...it is complete and whole.
perfectly flawed is the standard as it stands...if you are to take the creation story literally...
Well doesn't seem like we were created perfect by gods standard since god regretted his creation following a mass flood. What god created was labeled as good in Genesis not perfect.

waitasec

Veteran Member
Well doesn't seem like we were created perfect by gods standard since god regretted his creation following a mass flood. What god created was labeled as good in Genesis not perfect.

indeed...if you understand that ultimately what some call gods standards are really human standards... ;)

Adonis65

If life had a designer, and the designer was perfect, why isn't all life perfect?
Why is our trachea ventral (infront) of our oesophagus, (posing the risk of choking, meaning we have to have an epiglottis).
Why are our retinas inverted (i.e. the rods and cones point the wrong way round).

Why do biological proteins not always work efficient, e.g. RUBISCO has an oxygenase activity (an evolutionary accident).
And following from that, why are not all plants the more efficient C4 (or CAM) plants (most are C3).
Why didn't god just make them all the more efficient C4?

There are many more examples of imperfections in life...

All of the above can be explained by evolution, but why would a designer do this.

Maybe the designer gave us imperfections because He wanted to separate the obedient from the disobedient.

Last edited:

fearfurry

Perfection is a matter of perception. It will keep on shifting with gaining knowledge.

If you are given the power to make the entire universe perfect, then I am sure you will make it perfect again tomorrow as well.

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
Well, this thread is obviously geared to theistic evolution, which doesn't apply to me. All the same, I'm bored, so I thought I'd weigh in. :D

Perfection is subjective. If we can't even agree on what it means, how can demand it of God or anything else?

AmbiguousGuy

imo, perfection is boring and predictable
me, i like surprises and the process of improvising
i'm an advocate for imperfection dang it!!

Well, welcome to my freaking world then!:)

As someone who's had to struggle in life, I'm a great believer in the idea that adversity builds character and growth. And I figure that if there's any meaning to life, it's probably more about growth than about personal comfort.

waitasec

Veteran Member
Well, welcome to my freaking world then!:)

As someone who's had to struggle in life, I'm a great believer in the idea that adversity builds character and growth. And I figure that if there's any meaning to life, it's probably more about growth than about personal comfort.

amen
:drunk: