• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

If God Created Man...

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
Then why did God allow genetic drift/mutation?
If God was the perfect designer, then why does God allow the design to be altered?
Especially since this can cause disease and deformity?

Here are some disorders cause by genetic mutation:

Down syndrome
Diabetes
Cystic fibrosis
Spina Bifida

And many other negative conditions caused by alterations in God's design.

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
If God was the perfect designer, then why does God allow the design to be altered?

Down syndrome
Diabetes
Cystic fibrosis
Spina Bifida

Since God is the author of the laws of nature, we can say that evolution is his M.O. for creation of new life forms.

We cannot know God's reasons. However we can speculate on possibilities, for example, that perhaps God prefers diversity of life.

The presence of genetic illnesses is not evidence that there is any alteration in God's plan. More like, the presence of these genetics illnesses is PART OF God's plan, but we simply don't know what that plan is. It would be like us experiencing the world from the perspective of an ant, whereas God sees the larger picture, analogous to a human view in comparison to the view of the ant.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member

Down syndrome
Diabetes
Cystic fibrosis
Spina Bifida

This is a variation of the classic "why does God allow suffering" which has answers from various religion's perspectives that people can find satisfying or not.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
This is a variation of the classic "why does God allow suffering" which has answers from various religion's perspectives that people can find satisfying or not.
Yes, with the Bible's answer as found at Romans 5:12 and 2nd Peter 3:9
Suffering passed down to us from fallen father Adam, and time for us to be born and time to repent if needed.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
........................................................................................
Adam was designed with perfect human perfection.
I like that you say why does God 'allow' rather than say why does God 'cause'.....
Sin in Eden is what caused imperfection to develop.
The passing of time has allowed for us to be born and think who we would like as Sovereign over us.
Right away at Genesis 3:15 God promised a solution a 'seed' Messiah to come to our rescue.
In the meantime, God cares for us individually - 2nd Chronicles 6:29-30 ; Zechariah 2:8 B.
And God hates those who treat others unjustly - Judges 2:18; Psalm 106:45
So, God is Not the cause but informs us of His coming solution through Christ.
There will be ' healing ' for earth's nations - Revelation 22:2
Healing as described in the 35th chapter of Isaiah.

In the meantime, we can prove faithful under adverse conditions as Job did - Job 2:4-5
Satan challenges all of us - ' touch our flesh...' ( loose physical health ) and we would Not serve God.
Both Job and Jesus under adverse conditions proved Satan a liar and so can we.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Since God is the author of the laws of nature, we can say that evolution is his M.O. for creation of new life forms.
We cannot know God's reasons. However we can speculate on possibilities, for example, that perhaps God prefers diversity of life.
The presence of genetic illnesses is not evidence that there is any alteration in God's plan. More like, the presence of these genetics illnesses is PART OF God's plan, but we simply don't know what that plan is. It would be like us experiencing the world from the perspective of an ant, whereas God sees the larger picture, analogous to a human view in comparison to the view of the ant.
Instead of plan perhaps it would be better to say God's 'purpose'.
Plans can be changed: A planned picnic called off because of rain.
Whereas 'God's purpose' won't be changed. (The LARGER picture)
We are all invited to pray to God for Jesus to come! - Revelation 22:20
Jesus to come and bring ' healing ' to earth's nations - Rev. 22:2
Healing to the point that No one will say, " I am sick......" - Isaiah 33:24
Healthy healing for us as described in the 35th chapter of Isaiah.
Even our last enemy will be brought to nothing according to 1st Corinthians 15:24-26; Isaiah 25:8

The Spirit of Truth

The Spirit of Truth

Down syndrome
Diabetes
Cystic fibrosis
Spina Bifida

The Spirit of the Creator created Man perfect. However, as His purpose was to eliminate the spirit of the destroyer so as to prevent it from destroying anymore of His creations. To do this His plan required us to have free will. Unfortunately, we i.e., Eve, immediately failed to listen to her husband who was to protect her from evil and gave in to temptation by the serpent, the allegory for the host of satan. Adam was the first host of God and so decay entered the world in the form of genetic contamination. By host, we are to understand that it is through the sences of their host, both God and satan experience the world. Their host is renewed through one of their host's sons in each generation and so the war of Good verses evil inspired by satan, continued until 1945, when the host of satan died without having produced a son to transpose into. Satan can no longer cause evil. However, his disciples will continue the current fight between Good and evil and unfortunately, this time we are on our own, there will be no more miracles from God, because they would alert evil doers that they are destined for oblivion and so would have nothing further to lose whatever evil they do. But they are wrong again, because they will be the first to accompany satan into hell. Hell is much worse than revelations has predicted. Our spirit can never cease to exist; they will float in darkness, in total boredom for all eternity.
The Branch growing out of The Rod, i.e., The Comforter.

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member

Down syndrome
Diabetes
Cystic fibrosis
Spina Bifida

Are you asking in light of the Christian understanding?

InChrist

Free4ever

Down syndrome
Diabetes
Cystic fibrosis
Spina Bifida

I believe that according to the biblical scriptures, God’s design was good without imperfections, but SIN has corrupted everything on this planet, including genetics. God allows humanity to see the consequences and damage of sin. He is calling everyone who wants to be free of sin to a new eternal heaven and earth through the Savior, Jesus Christ.

Audie

Veteran Member
The Spirit of the Creator created Man perfect. However, as His purpose was to eliminate the spirit of the destroyer so as to prevent it from destroying anymore of His creations. To do this His plan required us to have free will. Unfortunately, we i.e., Eve, immediately failed to listen to her husband who was to protect her from evil and gave in to temptation by the serpent, the allegory for the host of satan. Adam was the first host of God and so decay entered the world in the form of genetic contamination. By host, we are to understand that it is through the sences of their host, both God and satan experience the world. Their host is renewed through one of their host's sons in each generation and so the war of Good verses evil inspired by satan, continued until 1945, when the host of satan died without having produced a son to transpose into. Satan can no longer cause evil. However, his disciples will continue the current fight between Good and evil and unfortunately, this time we are on our own, there will be no more miracles from God, because they would alert evil doers that they are destined for oblivion and so would have nothing further to lose whatever evil they do. But they are wrong again, because they will be the first to accompany satan into hell. Hell is much worse than revelations has predicted. Our spirit can never cease to exist; they will float in darkness, in total boredom for all eternity.
The Branch growing out of The Rod, i.e., The Comforter.
Of course, there's less than no evidence
that any of that is true.

Audie

Veteran Member
I believe that according to the biblical scriptures, God’s design was good without imperfections, but SIN has corrupted everything on this planet, including genetics. God allows humanity to see the consequences and damage of sin. He is calling everyone who wants to be free of sin to a new eternal heaven and earth through the Savior, Jesus Christ.
Blame the victim

Spice

StewardshipPeaceIntergityCommunityEquality
Animals and plant life also have genetic mutations and are "sin" free. So why can't we just say it is a cause and effect not necessarily explainable. Some are explainable, though, and appear to be an evolutionary phenomenon.

IndigoChild5559

You have absolutely no evidence that sin corrupted DNA. In fact, since DNA existed for billions of years before modern humans, that's pretty good evidence that mutations have nothing to do with sin.

Madsaac

Down syndrome
Diabetes
Cystic fibrosis
Spina Bifida

Yeah it does seem a little strange that he would throw a few imperfections into his design, nobody's perfect though.

However, I will thank the lord that none of these imperfections have effected me, so thank you god. And thanks in advance for the future designing

But why is this so? How has god decided on who is afflicted with these disorders? Hitler only had one testical, though.

Last edited:

RestlessSoul

Yeah it does seem a little strange that he would throw a few imperfections into his design, nobody's perfect though.

However, I will thank the lord that none of these imperfections have effected me, so thank you god. And thanks in advance for the future designing

But why is this so? How has god decided on who is afflicted with these disorders? Hitler only had one testical, though.

The other was in the Albert Hall, apparently.

But why did God - or God’s imperfect creation - give rise to Hitler? Maybe so that humanity could come together to defeat evil. Or maybe so that the Albert Hall could figure in a song, decades before the Beatles

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member

Funny, I just watch a show about that yesterday. :)

IndigoChild5559

It is impossible for us to know God's reasons. For all we know, maybe he just gets bored with things remaining the same, or simply enjoys diversity.
It causes me considerable grief to see all the suffering in this world. I can see why a reasonable person might conclude that there is no God. But ultimately, like I said, we cannot know God's reasons. His knowledge is greater than ours, just as a human sees the larger picture compared to an ant. It is quite possible that God has reasons that, if we knew them, would more than explain the suffering of the innocent.

The Spirit of Truth

The Spirit of Truth
Blame the victim
Dear Audie, thanks for the comment. However, who ate of the tree of knowledge, i.e., temptation by the serpent. In God's plan to destroy the other half of the Elohim, i.e., satan, inspired to me 42yrs ago and expounded ever since, the serpent was an allegory for the first host of satan, as Adam was the first host of God. As I said in my 1st post, "By host, we are to understand that it is through the senses of their host, both God and satan experience the world." Eve and her female descendants were to be the quarry while the sons of satan, were the hounds, The future male descendants of Adam were to protect their women from adulteration of their females, if they would listen. However, since the grounding of satan before his host produced a son to transpose into, in 1945, God can now speak into the mind of every human being who will listen, including women. Since the time of Jesus, the Roman Christians have incorrectly transferred the blame to Adam, probably for fear women might say we are sexist. God only told Adam not to eat of the tree of knowledge because, neither God nor satan were able to speak directly to women, only through their sons; that is why women were not to minister to men. I am not in the least a misogynist, I love and respect women, but they had a role to play in God's plan, but as I said, it was passive. Audie, please go to my web "Gerald Calvert" and let me know if you would like to withdraw your second comment. God bless all who love God and His CHOSEN Saviour Jesus and give the rest wisdom. One of the Branches growing out of the Rod, i.e., the Comforter.

The Spirit of Truth

The Spirit of Truth
You have absolutely no evidence that sin corrupted DNA. In fact, since DNA existed for billions of years before modern humans, that's pretty good evidence that mutations have nothing to do with sin.
Mutation was the means by which God allowed his Googleplex of miniscule living matter to evolve into a species worthy of being upgraded to Adam. The missing link. Mutation had nothing to do with sin, until Eve was seduced by the host of satan and she gave birth to the half God and half satan Cain. The descendants of Cain enlarged separately from those of Seth but would remain the eventual adversaries of the descendants of Adam for approximately 100,000 years, 2 or 3 thousand is ridiculous, until the sons of man, i.e., of Cain, came in to the daughters of God. During that meeting, the 2nd half God and half satan son, i.e., Ham, was born to Mrs No Name Noah, leaving Noah one illegitimate son of satan in his nest, but with two righteous sons in Shem and Japheth, very important, which enabled God to send Japheth north of the Mediterranean Sea for protection from Ham, until boats were capable of regularly crossing the Sea, at which time, it was time for God to replace the physical separation of His two sons, theologically. Please go to my web "Gerald Calvert" for why this was necessary. One of the Branches growing out of the Rod, i.e., the Comforter.