• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

If God Created Man...

The Spirit of Truth

The Spirit of Truth
Then why did God allow genetic drift/mutation?
If God was the perfect designer, then why does God allow the design to be altered?
Especially since this can cause disease and deformity?

Here are some disorders cause by genetic mutation:

Down syndrome
Diabetes
Cystic fibrosis
Spina Bifida

And many other negative conditions caused by alterations in God's design.
And sexual disorientation. However, mutation only became the result of sin after Eve gave in to temptation by satan giving birth to Cain, half God and half satan. Before that, it was only evolution from day three of Creation until Adam. God may have given you intelligence, but he has not yet given you wisdom.

Audie

Veteran Member
Dear Audie, thanks for the comment. However, who ate of the tree of knowledge, i.e., temptation by the serpent. In God's plan to destroy the other half of the Elohim, i.e., satan, inspired to me 42yrs ago and expounded ever since, the serpent was an allegory for the first host of satan, as Adam was the first host of God. As I said in my 1st post, "By host, we are to understand that it is through the senses of their host, both God and satan experience the world." Eve and her female descendants were to be the quarry while the sons of satan, were the hounds, The future male descendants of Adam were to protect their women from adulteration of their females, if they would listen. However, since the grounding of satan before his host produced a son to transpose into, in 1945, God can now speak into the mind of every human being who will listen, including women. Since the time of Jesus, the Roman Christians have incorrectly transferred the blame to Adam, probably for fear women might say we are sexist. God only told Adam not to eat of the tree of knowledge because, neither God nor satan were able to speak directly to women, only through their sons; that is why women were not to minister to men. I am not in the least a misogynist, I love and respect women, but they had a role to play in God's plan, but as I said, it was passive. Audie, please go to my web "Gerald Calvert" and let me know if you would like to withdraw your second comment. God bless all who love God and His CHOSEN Saviour Jesus and give the rest wisdom. One of the Branches growing out of the Rod, i.e., the Comforter.
I know the story. I don't believe any of it.

Of course theres an "explanation" for how god
can be all good and pure love, but yet we have
untold horrors.

Can't be GODS fault; he's perfect.

So blame the victims.

Just as you describe, tho you don't fully endorse
blaming women as most do.

We suffer far more than men; proof enough it's
our own fault.

Count those among the reasons that alien sky- God
religiounj and its utter nonsense like say, noah.
is not well receivecd and why our govt wants it out of China.

Withdraw? Me? I'm not the one
who needs to walk anything back

Audie

Veteran Member
And sexual disorientation. However, mutation only became the result of sin after Eve gave in to temptation by satan giving birth to Cain, half God and half satan. Before that, it was only evolution from day three of Creation until Adam. God may have given you intelligence, but he has not yet given you wisdom.
Mutation is the result of sin. Who made that up?

Madsaac

The other was in the Albert Hall, apparently.

But why did God - or God’s imperfect creation - give rise to Hitler? Maybe so that humanity could come together to defeat evil. Or maybe so that the Albert Hall could figure in a song, decades before the Beatles

You ask some very important questions? :)

One's that probably can never be answered, God seems to be a very, very unusual customer

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler
It is how they let God off the hook.
If something is deemed bad, natural disasters, epidemics, etc. is is because of sin.
Thus making it mans fault, not Gods.
Funny thing is, most who make the sin claim also claim that nothing happens without Gods approval.

Madsaac

It is how they let God off the hook.
If something is deemed bad, natural disasters, epidemics, etc. is is because of sin.
Thus making it mans fault, not Gods.
Funny thing is, most who make the sin claim also claim that nothing happens without Gods approval.

One thing about religion are the inconsistencies are very consistent.

A bit of a 'pick and choose' type scenario

The Spirit of Truth

The Spirit of Truth
Believe the truth when you hear it, and the truth will set you free. You obviously need it my dear. Where do you get off saying that women suffer more than men. Oh! i know, childbirth, the most natural event in life, experienced by every female in the animal kingdom without the slightest indication of pain or complaint. Women have relied on that misconception since forever, relying on the fact that men cannot prove otherwise. However, if the way every woman in my 84 years of experience, carries on with the slightest injury that I, and most men think nothing of, then your single claim to pain is, well let's be honest, in your mind. Why do you bother to masquerade as a person concerned for the unfortunate sufferers of mutations. And why do you or anyone, blame God for your poor choices in life, He does not want you to believe that He created this amazing universe, just because you see believers enjoy perfect health. This life is no more than a judgement of your integrity, to see if you are worthy of acceptance into the beautiful, restored Garden of Edan, i.e., Heaven. God may have given you intelligence, but you have not yet gained wisdom. Hopefully, in these final days you will listen to your betters and not refuse to listen to the real message I bring you. I invited you to visit my web Gerald Calvert. You might find that the time has come, to choose life eternal. You will not like the alternative; your indestructible spirit will float in total darkness, where nothing will change for all eternity, i.e., total boredom.

Audie

Veteran Member
Believe the truth when you hear it, and the truth will set you free. You obviously need it my dear. Where do you get off saying that women suffer more than men. Oh! i know, childbirth, the most natural event in life, experienced by every female in the animal kingdom without the slightest indication of pain or complaint. Women have relied on that misconception since forever, relying on the fact that men cannot prove otherwise. However, if the way every woman in my 84 years of experience, carries on with the slightest injury that I, and most men think nothing of, then your single claim to pain is, well let's be honest, in your mind. Why do you bother to masquerade as a person concerned for the unfortunate sufferers of mutations. And why do you or anyone, blame God for your poor choices in life, He does not want you to believe that He created this amazing universe, just because you see believers enjoy perfect health. This life is no more than a judgement of your integrity, to see if you are worthy of acceptance into the beautiful, restored Garden of Edan, i.e., Heaven. God may have given you intelligence, but you have not yet gained wisdom. Hopefully, in these final days you will listen to your betters and not refuse to listen to the real message I bring you. I invited you to visit my web Gerald Calvert. You might find that the time has come, to choose life eternal. You will not like the alternative; your indestructible spirit will float in total darkness, where nothing will change for all eternity, i.e., total boredom.
You must be very lonely.

PureX

Veteran Member
If God was the perfect designer, then why does God allow the design to be altered?

Down syndrome
Diabetes
Cystic fibrosis
Spina Bifida

Having no idea WHY God created anything, we have no criteria from which to judge the results.

But of course that won't stop us from passing judgment anyway. Since when has our own ignorance ever caused us to withhold judgment? :)

Last edited:

The Spirit of Truth

The Spirit of Truth
You must be very lonely.
Audie, where's the connection? A typical retort from someone who is losing the discussion. Sadly, when you live to 84, many of your friends are gone. Want to be my friend? I have always lived by the technique that the best way to get rid of an enemy, is to make a friend of him, sorry it. God bless, JC2

CharlesStraight

Down syndrome
Diabetes
Cystic fibrosis
Spina Bifida

Hello. According to the Bible, God created Adam and Eve, the first two humans. Eve came from Adam but did not look exactly like Adam. However, they were both created in God's image. Not to look like him, but must mean something else. However, your question isn't about that. From what I read in the Bible, before they had children, both incurred the death penalty, meaning they would not live forever. Therefore their genetic makeup would necessarily be changed. And so unfortunate mutations would eventually occur down the line of descent. He will, however, remove all situations like that in the future, since we are discussing God and basically what the Bible says. I hope this makes sense to you at least in the basics. This is not to say that you would believe it, but that is how these sad events happened.

Audie

Veteran Member
Hello. According to the Bible, God created Adam and Eve, the first two humans. Eve came from Adam but did not look exactly like Adam. However, they were both created in God's image. Not to look like him, but must mean something else. However, your question isn't about that. From what I read in the Bible, before they had children, both incurred the death penalty, meaning they would not live forever. Therefore their genetic makeup would necessarily be changed. And so unfortunate mutations would eventually occur down the line of descent. He will, however, remove all situations like that in the future, since we are discussing God and basically what the Bible says. I hope this makes sense to you at least in the basics. This is not to say that you would believe it, but that is how these sad events happened.
It makes sense but you made it up about the genetics
So-

F1fan

Veteran Member
Adam was designed with perfect human perfection.
Except the ability to understand good and bad, thus being easily tempted to break the rules.
I like that you say why does God 'allow' rather than say why does God 'cause'.....
Yet God still caused the mechanisms that eventually evolved into defects and fatal diseases. So you can't excuse God in any way.
Sin in Eden is what caused imperfection to develop.
Just as God created.
The passing of time has allowed for us to be born and think who we would like as Sovereign over us.
Yet we see believers of all stripes act immorally, and disagree with each other what good and moral is. They even fight amongst themselves over the truth. A God doesn;t seem interested in setting things right.
Right away at Genesis 3:15 God promised a solution a 'seed' Messiah to come to our rescue.
In the meantime, God cares for us individually - 2nd Chronicles 6:29-30 ; Zechariah 2:8 B.
Except when a child is diagnosed with a fatal disease like Leukemia.
And God hates those who treat others unjustly - Judges 2:18; Psalm 106:45
What did God do to all the slave traders from the 16th century until liberalism decided it was immoral in the 19th century?
So, God is Not the cause but informs us of His coming solution through Christ.
Why the wait? Why didn't God solve the problems when he recognized he made mistakes in his creation?
There will be ' healing ' for earth's nations - Revelation 22:2
There always is after massive wars.
Healing as described in the 35th chapter of Isaiah.
We always seem to be healing. When will humans be healed and can carry on with life? Why did God create things so sick?

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion

Down syndrome
Diabetes
Cystic fibrosis
Spina Bifida

Only if God was perfect accoridng to your understanding of perfect. But that is not a given one way or another.

F1fan

Veteran Member
Hello. According to the Bible, God created Adam and Eve, the first two humans. Eve came from Adam but did not look exactly like Adam. However, they were both created in God's image. Not to look like him, but must mean something else.
You seem to think it is about appearances. What color were their eyes, thus the color of God's eyes?
However, your question isn't about that. From what I read in the Bible, before they had children, both incurred the death penalty, meaning they would not live forever. Therefore their genetic makeup would necessarily be changed.
Where in the Genesis myth does it mention genetics? And then that they were changed? And then that mutations would occur, and thus be God's fault for any defects and diseases?
And so unfortunate mutations would eventually occur down the line of descent.
Do you think God was caught off guard when mutations happen, or was it part of the plan? I hear some Christians insist that God has a plan for everyone, and that would suggest God knows all the genetic timebombs in a person's DNA.
He will, however, remove all situations like that in the future, since we are discussing God and basically what the Bible says.
The future? What about a mother of three young kids who develops breast cancer and won't be there for her family? What is God doing? What is he waiting for? Can you really be sure God will do anything for anyone if he won;t save kids or young moms from cancers?
I hope this makes sense to you at least in the basics. This is not to say that you would believe it, but that is how these sad events happened.
Do you really think all this that you believe really happened? If so, how can you worship a God like this?

PureX

Veteran Member
My theory is that for a 'being' (like us) to fully exist, it needs to be cognizant of it's existing. It can't just 'be a thing'. It needs to know that it is a thing that is being. And that means that it's existence couldn't be perpetual or automatic. It had to be temporary and with the duration unknown to keep us always aware of the possibility of our not existing, and therefor aware of our being here. it also had to involve a degree of danger and suffering, to keep us aware of our being as an overall good thing (in counterpoint to the bad). As a gift to be appreciated.

And of course, with an awareness of autonomous being comes free will. And with that free will comes the possibility of good and evil.

So it really all comes down to having been 'designed' as it had to be to provide us with the 'gift of being'. Which I gotta admit, is one AMAZING gift!

Last edited:

Audie

Veteran Member
My theory is that for a 'being' (like us) to fully exist, it needs to be cognizant of it's existing. It can't just 'be a thing'. It needs to know that it is a thing that is being. And that means that it's existence couldn't be perpetual or automatic. It had to be temporary and with the duration unknown to keep us always aware of the possibility of our not-being. it also had to involve a degree of danger and suffering, to keep us aware of our being as an overall good thing. As a gift to be appreciated.

And of course, with an awareness of autonomous being comes free will. And with that free will; good and evil.

So it really all comes down to having been 'designed' as it had to be to provide us with the 'gift of being'.
" fully exist"

PureX

Veteran Member
" fully exist"
A rock exists. But it has no awareness of it's existing. So what is the purpose or the point of it existing at all? There is none.

But to be aware of existing, and to be grateful for it, that's something else all together.