• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

If god knew.....

ninerbuff

godless wonder
Same as when we die, our body dies, its like cutting your hair, we do not care about that hair we cut off, its gone. So with our body, we cast it off but our spirit lives on. Jesus' spirit lived on, too, he sacrificed his body, for by his blood our sins were paid for. Then he raised his body to life again. He will raise all whose bodies now sleep that have trusted in him. Death has lost its sting.
Um, that didn't answer the question I asked. Where was the sacrifice if god/jesus can't die? He KNEW he would be resurrected so there can't be a sacrifice.

tomato1236

Ninja Master
that jesus was going to die for our sins, and that resurrection was going to happen, then the question is how is this a "sacrifice" if the end result was jesus being raised from the dead? It's like he never died then.

I had to watch the doctor put a fatty needle in my new baby recently. I signed the paper and I knew it was for the best, but that didn't mean I wasn't hurt watching it. And that was just a needle. Not a whipping, and thorns and nails and crucifixion and death. And the weight and pain of all the sins, sufferings and afflictions of all mankind.

P.S. I don't subscribe to the idea that God the father just morphed into Jesus and fvooped back into God the Father when he was resurrected. They are literally father and son. Two separate guys.

Last edited:

tomato1236

Ninja Master
Part of the problem many have with religious teaching and principles is their own ignorance of simple terms. Anciently sacrifice meant something quite different. The root of sacrifice is the term sacred – to sacrifice something meant to make that something sacred or holy. Many people have forgotten the meaning and come to believe that sacrifice means to give something up. It is only given up if an individual is not holy – in such case once something becomes holy it must be separated from that which is not holy. Thus Jesus did not forfeit his life but in offering his life as a sacrifice he made possible other’s to be holy, sacred or one with him.

Zadok

I think this is bologna. So when Isaac was about to be killed by Abraham, that was just Abraham about to make Isaac holy? And wasn't the point of that a symbol of another son-sacrifice that would happen in the future? It was a sacrifice. For Abraham, and for God, in the same sense as we think of it today.

Did you make that up?

Skwim

Veteran Member
P.S. I don't subscribe to the idea that God the father just morphed into Jesus and fvooped back into God the Father when he was resurrected. They are literally father and son. Two separate guys.
So, do you believe that "the inhabitants of the moon are more of a uniform size than the inhabitants of the earth, being about six feet in height," and that there's a star named Kolob near the throne of God? And, that god is not a single parent, but had a "wife"?

Last edited:

ninerbuff

godless wonder
I had to watch the doctor put a fatty needle in my new baby recently. I signed the paper and I knew it was for the best, but that didn't mean I wasn't hurt watching it. And that was just a needle. Not a whipping, and thorns and nails and crucifixion and death. And the weight and pain of all the sins, sufferings and afflictions of all mankind.

Congrats on the baby. I'm a stay at home dad, so I know the rigors of bringing the baby in for shots.
Anyway, I'm sure you'd feel different if you didn't see the actual shot. I know that watching my daughter get a shot, and then seeing her come back from the doctor (from my wife taking her) after a shot was a much different point of view.
The story of jesus was that he was crucified. While there me ample proof that jesus was a real person and died, even the gospels don't directly say he was crucified.

Luminous

non-existential luminary
This is very illogical. Something is either logical or it is not logical. If something is true but seems illogical then it is because the truth is not understood. If something seems logical that is not true it is only because the truth is not really understood.

If logic is not connected to truth then you must explain why you think to use logic to establish any truth?

Zadok
there is no truth in logic! only better assumption than faith.

If something is true but no one believes it, then it is because the truth is not understood. If something is believed in that is not true, it is only because the truth is not really understood.
if something is believed in and it happens to be true, truth is still not really understood.
if something is not believed in, and it is not true, truth is independent.

javajo

I am sorry you believe Christianity is absurd. It is a source of great comfort and joy to me to have trusted in the Lord.

Zadok

Zadok
So until he gave up his life, he wasn't sacred or holy?
Obviouslly you are not well versed in ancient thinking. The term holy is connected to whole or complete. Jesus completed his holy intent with his life.

If you are not willing to die for your cause (if you have one) then using ancient thinking you would not be complete in your intent and ether you are your cause could not be considered holy.

Zadok

Last edited:

Zadok

Zadok
there is no truth in logic! only better assumption than faith.

If something is true but no one believes it, then it is because the truth is not understood. If something is believed in that is not true, it is only because the truth is not really understood.
if something is believed in and it happens to be true, truth is still not really understood.
if something is not believed in, and it is not true, truth is independent.

Why are you using logic if there is no truth in logic? Is it because you have faith in logic? and that is the reason you cannot address truth in any other way?

Zadok

ninerbuff

godless wonder
I am sorry you believe Christianity is absurd. It is a source of great comfort and joy to me to have trusted in the Lord.
As long as christianity (or any religion) isn't imposed on me, I'm fine with it. People who's agenda is to "instill" their beliefs to unbelievers are in the wrong, IMO.

javajo

As long as christianity (or any religion) isn't imposed on me, I'm fine with it. People who's agenda is to "instill" their beliefs to unbelievers are in the wrong, IMO.
Right. We all can tell others what we believe but everyone gets to make up their own mind. It is a very serious thing, though.

Luminous

non-existential luminary
Why are you using logic if there is no truth in logic? Is it because you have faith in logic? and that is the reason you cannot address truth in any other way?

Zadok
maybe, but unlikely. if i had used faith, i wouldn't have writen anything. if i had used the third alternative, this would have likely been the result:
they sharpy dragon conveys underwear wets.

Luminous

non-existential luminary
Right. We all can tell others what we believe but everyone gets to make up their own mind. It is a very serious thing, though.
No, do not tell me...or i will tell you what I believe and force you to listen to the Hindus, Muslims, Buddhists, Jains, Taoists, Norse, Greco-pagan, Egyptian, and the vaious other religions and denominations of religions. I'll spend your entire life time simply telling you what i believe. I think its best to keep the annoying parts of yourself to yourself; depending on the situationation.

Last edited:

javajo

No, do not tell me...or i will tell you what I believe and force you to listen to the Hindus, Muslims, Buddhists, Jains, Taoists, Norse, Greco-pagan, Egyptian, and the vaious other religions and denominations of religions. I'll spend your entire life time simply telling you what i believe. I think its best to keep the annoying parts of yourself to yourself; depending on the situationation.
How can I know what you believe if you do not share it with me? I would never force someone to listen to me, I am gentle and kind. When something good happens to us we like to share it. This is how the Gospel is shared, as the Bible says:

How can they call on him unless they believe in him? How can they believe in him unless they hear about him? How can they hear about him unless someone preaches to them? And how can anyone preach without being sent? It is written, "How beautiful are the feet of those who bring good news!"—(Romans 10:14-15 & Isaiah 52:7)

McBell

Admiral Obvious
Jesus died to save us from something...so its probably not good.
Seems to me Jesus died to save you from God.
I mean, it was god that set up the 613 rule system that he knew before hand that mankind could not keep up with.

So yeah, it probably is not good....

javajo

Seems to me Jesus died to save you from God.
I mean, it was god that set up the 613 rule system that he knew before hand that mankind could not keep up with.

So yeah, it probably is not good....
I am glad God loved me enough to save me from the wages of my sins, which is death. God is my Saviour, I stand already condemned by my sins. I praise God my sins are washed away in the Blood of Christ. Joy! Peace! No fear of death or the grave, Halleluia!

McBell

Admiral Obvious
I am glad God loved me enough to save me from the wages of my sins, which is death. God is my Saviour, I stand already condemned by my sins. I praise God my sins are washed away in the Blood of Christ. Joy! Peace! No fear of death or the grave, Halleluia!
Hey, if that is all you need and want, go for it.

Luminous

non-existential luminary
How can I know what you believe if you do not share it with me? I would never force someone to listen to me, I am gentle and kind. When something good happens to us we like to share it. This is how the Gospel is shared, as the Bible says:

How can they call on him unless they believe in him? How can they believe in him unless they hear about him? How can they hear about him unless someone preaches to them? And how can anyone preach without being sent? It is written, "How beautiful are the feet of those who bring good news!"—(Romans 10:14-15 & Isaiah 52:7)

good good, if im interested i shall read your posts or ask you if i may go to your church. i thought you were hinting to some disturbing anti-agnostic verbal shakedown. you should understand that not everyone finds your idol scriptures unoffensive, or consistent with eachother or outside claims.