• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

If god knew.....

javajo

Perhaps some religious forums encourage proselytizing, but this one has a firm rule against it.
Is quoting a scripture passage proselytizing? I see alot of scripture here. I do not want to break any rules so let me know...I only share what I believe is true, I wouldn't ask anyone to convert to my beliefs, whatever they may be.

Luminous

non-existential luminary
Is quoting a scripture passage proselytizing? I see alot of scripture here. I do not want to break any rules so let me know...I only share what I believe is true, I wouldn't ask anyone to convert to my beliefs, whatever they may be.

Oh, by no means!:)
I found the certain passages from various books to be quite logical and inspirational...I simply orginally thought you were stating your believe that you should be out in the streets doing this, where people can get annoyed. You can post various quotes here, but you must be careful in the Individual Religion pages...and also, do not expect many to take your scriptures with as much authority as you give them.

Last edited:

javajo

Oh, by no means!:)
I found the certain passages from various books to be quite logical and inspirational...I simply orginally thought you were stating your believe that you should be out in the streets doing this, where people can get annoyed. You can post various quotes here, but you must be careful in the Individual Religion pages...and also, do not except many to take your scriptures with as much authority as you give them.
Thanks and Roger that! :)

ninerbuff

godless wonder
Jesus died to save us from something...so its probably not good.
So in other words god/jesus commandment is to obey or else. There aren't but 2 choices. Several choices offer you free will. Like eating at a sushi bar. So isn't that more like an ultimatum rather than having free will?

Skwim

Veteran Member
I am glad God loved me enough to save me from the wages of my sins, which is death.
So obviously god doesn't love those who aren't/weren't saved from the wages of my sins. Evidently not enough sucking up. "Suck up to me and I'll love you." Now that's a god worthy of respect and love if I've ever heard of one. :facepalm:

Orias

Left Hand Path
I am glad God loved me enough to save me from the wages of my sins, which is death. God is my Saviour, I stand already condemned by my sins. I praise God my sins are washed away in the Blood of Christ. Joy! Peace! No fear of death or the grave, Halleluia!

How laughable. Do you enjoy the vitality of existence? If so, then how can you be washed away of sins? If you do not, then why are you here?

You are right, we should repent for letting our selfs into existence. How fallacious and self deceptive.

Man of Faith

I know that I am going to Heaven when I die, yet I don't kill myself and sacrifice by suffering through this earthly bondage.

Orias

Left Hand Path
I know that I am going to Heaven when I die, yet I don't kill myself and sacrifice by suffering through this earthly bondage.

How can you know something outside of yourself?

Ha, you speak of Earthly bondage, yet the Earth is your home, it is all you know as you are part of it.

You very existence denys your own kingdom.

Skwim

Veteran Member
Like generalizing your beliefs about the behavior of "Christians"?
I assume people are astute enough not to mistake such statements as being all inclusive; however, if it makes you feel better I will rephrase.
It's just false bravado. Many Christians love to couch their beliefs in terms of absolutes. It helps feed their need for a sense of security.
And in retrospect you've raised a good point, I shouldn't be making such an assumption.

Orias

Left Hand Path
It's just false bravado. Christians love to couch their beliefs in terms of absolutes. It helps feed their need for a sense of security.

It helps keep their faith in sameness, not equality. But I agree as well. They strive to be individuals...HAHAHA.

having a kingdom is such a pitiful desire. it is far more noble and pure to relinquish such desires from one's being.

You speak nonesense.

Christians desire to enter "their" kingdom.

You speak of nobility and purity, yet none of these things exist.

It is far more pragmatic to just be.

What makes desiring a kingdom any more pitiful than denying yourself of such a whim?

Its a fallacy, man desires what he does not have.

Theres nothing noble, or peasant like about it. One who has what others envy is beyond the typical status of sameness, henceforth is regarded selfish and corrupt.

Pathetic.

Last edited:

javajo

So in other words god/jesus commandment is to obey or else. There aren't but 2 choices. Several choices offer you free will. Like eating at a sushi bar. So isn't that more like an ultimatum rather than having free will?
Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned...But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:12,8

javajo

So obviously god doesn't love those who aren't/weren't saved from the wages of my sins. Evidently not enough sucking up. "Suck up to me and I'll love you." Now that's a god worthy of respect and love if I've ever heard of one. :facepalm:
But not as the offence, so also is the free gift. For if through the offence of one many be dead, much more the grace of God, and the gift by grace, which is by one man, Jesus Christ, hath abounded unto many. Romans 5:15

When a man works, his pay is not considered a gift. It is owed to him. But things are different with God. He makes evil people right with himself. If people trust in him, their faith is accepted even though they do not work. Their faith makes them right with God...God makes those people right with himself. But they don't have to do anything in return. Romans 4:4-6

I.E. no "____ing up" required.

Skwim

Veteran Member
But not as the offence, so also is the free gift. For if through the offence of one many be dead, much more the grace of God, and the gift by grace, which is by one man, Jesus Christ, hath abounded unto many. Romans 5:15

When a man works, his pay is not considered a gift. It is owed to him. But things are different with God. He makes evil people right with himself. If people trust in him, their faith is acceptedeven though they do not work. Their faith makes them right with God...God makes those people right with himself. But they don't have to do anything in return. Romans 4:4-6

So in order to get god to love me so I will be
But it's still a conditional love.

I am glad God loved me enough to save me from the wages of my sins, which is death.

Wotan

"How can they call on him unless they believe in him? How can they believe in him unless they hear about him? How can they hear about him unless someone preaches to them? And how can anyone preach without being sent? It is written, "How beautiful are the feet of those who bring good news!"—(Romans 10:14-15 & Isaiah 52:7)"

What's wrong with, "Every man has the right to go to hell in his own way?"

Why can't I simply be left alone?

Skwim

Veteran Member

When a man works, his pay is not considered a gift. It is owed to him. But things are different with God. He makes evil people right with himself. If people trust in him, their faith is acceptedeven though they do not work. Their faith makes them right with God...God makes those people right with himself. But they don't have to do anything in return. Romans 4:4-6

So in order to get god to love me so I'll be saved from the wages of my sins, I have to "trust him." Those that trust him will have their sins absolved. Those that don't trust him won't. While this is obviously his call, I have to wonder why this is so damn important to god. Exactly what is it about others trusting oneself (god, in this case) that it should be the deal breaker between sending someone to heaven rather than hell. I don't know of anyone else who would ever set such a strange standard for such dire consequences. Why does god have this extreme need to be trusted? The "I will love you if you trust me" conditional makes no more sense than "I will love you and save you from your sins if you eat cabbage."

And, of course, this does amount to sucking up: pleasing god by doing what he requires in order to get the present he dangles from his hand. Don't do what he requires and not only don't you get the present but you get to clean the toilet as punishment for not pleasing him.

Last edited: