• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

If God Wanted Us to Believe...

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
Why did God leave evidence of evolution?
From a few moments after the "Big Bang" we have an explanation of how the universe formed into its current state without the need of any intelligence behind it.
We have evidence of several types of humanoids that lived prior to and even along side of homo sapiens.

If God created everything then we ought not be able to come up with an alternate explanation. There should be no evidence of evolution. There should exist only one possible explanation of our existence. That God created us.

Why create us and then leave this evidence laying around that the universe after the Big Bang could have formed on its own?

Why leave evidence of the evolution of life?

Madsaac

Not sure, maybe he left evidence because he wanted to 'test' our faith. Our interpretation of the evidence is what counts.

Isn't god all about faith, he 'tests' us all the time, and believing he created the universe is another test?

Or maybe he didn't know humans would find this evidence, because when he put his son on Earth we didn't even have DNA kits or test tubes. :)

Last edited:

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
It's threads like this that make me wish the recent trend of mythological literalism would die in fire. This such a total non-issue if one understands mythos is mythos and logos is logos.

Edited to add:

I think God left evidence of creation. For some reason some people want to see it as evidence for evolution. But, I don't think God wants people to believe in creation. I think He wants people to be righteous, because eternal life is promised only for righteous.

These will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life.
Matt. 25:46
For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.
Romans 6:23

Even demons are believers, it doesn't seem to be useful, if person is evil and not righteous.

You believe that God is one. You do well. The demons also be-lieve, and shudder.
James 2:19
From a few moments after the "Big Bang" we have an explanation of how the universe formed into its current state without the need of any intelligence behind it.
Having an explanation doesn't mean the explanation is true.
If God created everything then we ought not be able to come up with an alternate explanation.
People can always make alternate explanation. Being able to make an alternate explanation doesn't mean anything, especially if the explanation is very poor.
There should be no evidence of evolution.
And I think there is no real evidence for evolution.
Why create us and then leave this evidence laying around that the universe after the Big Bang could have formed on its own?
Why do you believe the big bang could have formed anything? Have you ever seen any bang forming anything else than dust?
Please show the evidence.

Tinkerpeach

We have evidence of several types of humanoids that lived prior to and even along side of homo sapiens.

If God created everything then we ought not be able to come up with an alternate explanation. There should be no evidence of evolution. There should exist only one possible explanation of our existence. That God created us.

Why do you think God didn’t use evolution to create man?

See, proof of evolution doesn’t contradict the Bible, it shows in greater detail how God did it.

All the Bible says is that God created man from dust. Well dust is the Earth and evolution says we came from the Earth also.

Madsaac

It's threads like this that make me wish the recent trend of mythological literalism would die in fire. This such a total non-issue if one understands mythos is mythos and logos is logos.

Edited to add:

Yeah agree but I think Genesis' and the bible has so much weight to carry, that it loses some punch.

For me personally, it's mythological stories aren't told anywhere near as well, to stories like King Arthur, Lord Of the Rings and some of the SciFi/Fantasy classics

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
Why do you think God didn’t use evolution to create man?

See, proof of evolution doesn’t contradict the Bible, it shows in greater detail how God did it.

All the Bible says is that God created man from dust. Well dust is the Earth and evolution says we came from the Earth also.

I'm not saying God didn't. Just if God hadn't we humans would have more reason to believe in a divine creator.

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
Not sure, maybe he left evidence because he wanted to 'test' our faith. Our interpretation of the evidence is what counts.

Isn't god all about faith, he 'tests' us all the time, and believing he created the universe is another test?

Or maybe he didn't know humans would find this evidence, because when he put his son on Earth we didn't even have DNA kits or test tubes. :)

I guess you don't then believe in an all knowing God or at least don't make that assumption.

Sure, maybe it is all about faith but why then create evidence to question the need for faith? Wouldn't the smart way to teach faith to not provide a reason to question it? Certainly I expect a lot of atheist/agnostics exist because of TOE.

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member

Edited to add:

The mythos imo kept us in the Dark Ages longer than necessary. It actually kept us from seeking answers to existence which we are only lately beginning to discover. If as you say people incorrectly understand the mythos, why allow it to exist as an impediment to our understanding. Either leave us to our own discovery or spell out the mechanics of the universe in plain language.

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
Perhaps God is the ultimate comedian - given that the better comedians are usually very intelligent - such that God has played the biggest joke on us - leaving so much evidence but allowing for so many different interpretations and explanations as to the why, how, and where. But the absence of God might explain all this too - with us humans simply doing all the explaining that might come to mind, and filling the spectrum as to such. Where my bet is on the latter - the evidence we have currently and will likely be finding in the future satisfying me. And looking back over history we can see so many times when we did get it abominably wrong in so many instances, so why expect to have it right over our origins - particularly when actual knowledge was rather rare then?

Last edited:

danieldemol

Premium Member
Maybe God IS the universe and simply left us clues how we formed inside of the substance of.
Maybe, but the universe is an indifferent God in my view.

If it even keeps us (collectively) alive for another 6-7 billion years we look likely to go extinct at this stage when the sun dies in my view.

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion

I really wish you stop taking for granted that the theistic versions of gods are the only gods and that there are no versions of God, which are non-thestic.
Sometimes I get the impression that God is more important to some non-religious that it is some religious people.

So you use a version of God in your argument, for which there is at least one other God that fits evolution.
So you are in effect as much a believer in a certain God as some theists are.

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
I think God left evidence of creation. For some reason some people want to see it as evidence for evolution. But, I don't think God wants people to believe in creation. I think He wants people to be righteous, because eternal life is promised only for righteous.

These will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life.
Matt. 25:46
For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.
Romans 6:23

Even demons are believers, it doesn't seem to be useful, if person is evil and not righteous.

You believe that God is one. You do well. The demons also be-lieve, and shudder.
James 2:19

What does believing in TOE have to do with a person being righteous?

Having an explanation doesn't mean the explanation is true.

People can always make alternate explanation. Being able to make an alternate explanation doesn't mean anything, especially if the explanation is very poor.

And I think there is no real evidence for evolution.

Why do you believe the big bang could have formed anything? Have you ever seen any bang forming anything else than dust?

This is what the evidence has led us to believe. Right or wrong. We look at the evidence and say, "Hey, this is the most likely explanation based on what we see in the universe". If God wanted us to believe one way, why leave a universe leading us to believe another way? Science did not sit out to disprove God. It only developed an explanation us how we got here based on the universe we found ourselves in.
Please show the evidence.
You don't really need me for that, but...
Evidence Supporting Biological Evolution - Science and Creationism - NCBI Bookshelf

Not that anyone seeks to disprove God. It is because as we come to understand more about how the universe works there is less and less need of a God in that explanation.

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
I really wish you stop taking for granted that the theistic versions of gods are the only gods and that there are no versions of God, which are non-thestic.
Sometimes I get the impression that God is more important to some non-religious that it is some religious people.

So you use a version of God in your argument, for which there is at least one other God that fits evolution.
So you are in effect as much a believer in a certain God as some theists are.

Which God is needed to explain the universe we exist in?

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
Perhaps God is the ultimate comedian - given that the better comedians are usually very intelligent - such that God has played the biggest joke on us - leaving so much evidence but allowing for so many different interpretations and explanations as to the why, how, and where. But the absence of God might explain all this too - with us humans simply doing all the explaining that might come to mind, and filling the spectrum as to such. Where my bet is on the latter - the evidence we have currently and will likely be finding in the future satisfying me. And looking back over history we can see so many times when we did get it abominably wrong in so many instances, so why expect to have it right over our origins - particularly when actual knowledge was rather rare then?

That's fine. God should understand a lack of belief then.
Perhaps God will jump out from behind the curtain and yell "Surprise!" and we'll all have a laugh about it.
I'd imagine a God would have an outstanding ability to fool us. Probably not much effort at all.
So no real fault on our part playing a fool to God's games.