• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

If Jesus Is Coming Back,as He Said .......?

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
Halcyon said:
Is there anyone (who i am likely to know) who you think may have been a reincarnation of Christ?

I honestly don't know; one immediate possibility is Mother Teresa.

Radio Frequency X

World Leader Pretend
I'm not quite sure how Christianity mixes with reincarnation. Could someone explain to me whether this is Biblical or simply a mixing of religious/spiritual worldviews.

Halcyon

Lord of the Badgers
It's not biblical, texts teaching about or alluding to the concept of reincarnation such as early Gnostic texts were automatically rejected from inclusion.

The concept if reincarnation wasn't foreign to Christians in the 1st through 3rd centuries, only since the reign of Constantine and the foundations of an Imperially endorsed form of Christianity has reincarnation disappeared from the Christian faith.

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
Radio Frequency X said:
I'm not quite sure how Christianity mixes with reincarnation. Could someone explain to me whether this is Biblical or simply a mixing of religious/spiritual worldviews.

It is a mostly 'mixing spiritual worldviews'; there are references in the Bible that could be interpreted as indications;http://www.reincarnation.ws/biblica...ion/biblical_references_to_reincarnation.html

transmigration of the soul
reincarnation christ within
theories of reincarnation
circle of reincarnation
evolution and reincarnation
reincarnation and kabala
buddist reincarnation

With me, it is a conviction has grown with time..............

Random

I saw the reincarnated Christ @ a train station in Dublin a few years back! He was about 28 with a student-y look about him and a short mousy-brown beard. I swear! HONEST! He's Baaaaack!! Pray like crazy! Evil-doers run for the hills! Buck up for the Apocalypse dudes and dudettes! :eek:

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
Halcyon said:
Is there anyone (who i am likely to know) who you think may have been a reincarnation of Christ?

Hmmm, interesting. It could be anybody. It could be that guy behind you in the checkout line, or the guy running to catch the elevator you are on. It might be a good idea just to treat everybody as if they could be the reincarnation of Christ, just to be on the safe side.:)

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
fantôme profane said:
Hmmm, interesting. It could be anybody. It could be that guy behind you in the checkout line, or the guy running to catch the elevator you are on. It might be a good idea just to treat everybody as if they could be the reincarnation of Christ, just to be on the safe side.:)

Not just to be on the safe side, but because that is the right way to live anyway.

Revasser

Terrible Dancer
michel said:
Not just to be on the safe side, but because that is the right way to live anyway.

I shudder to think how the reincarnated Pontius Pilate would act if he went around treating everyone as if they were the reincarnation of Christ. :eek:

Hmmm.. that might make a pretty good B-movie, actually.

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
Revasser said:
I shudder to think how the reincarnated Pontius Pilate would act if he went around treating everyone as if they were the reincarnation of Christ. :eek:

Ok, there are exceptions to every rule.:rolleyes:

Tiberius

Halcyon said:
Does it? I think you'll find every verse used to justify a belief in the End Times has a specific temporal link to the time in which the text was written.

I just meant that the Bible provides us with things to look out for as markers of the end times, and people see those markers.

They are vague to us becuase we live 2,000 years after the events being alluded too happened.

Then it all happened 2000 years ago?

Moni_Gail

ELIGE MAGISTRUM
michel said:

I have a strong belief in reincarnation. I just wanted to thank you for the link and I can't wait to read all the way through it.

roli

Born Again,Spirit Filled
Tiberius said:
If the Gosepels are true, then jesus returned thousands of years ago, for didn't he say that his return would be before those who were with him died?
Where are you referring to,Mat 16:28Mar 9:1 Luk 9:27 ,I think Jesus was referring to James ,John and Peter who were about to see Jesus transfigured as He will be when he returns to take the church out.

Tiberius

Mat 16:28 said:
Verily I say unto you, There be some standing here, which shall not taste of death, till they see the Son of man coming in his kingdom.

This is not saying that they will see him as he will be. He says they actually see him come. otherwise it would have said, "till they see the Son of man as he will come in his kingdom."

The same can be said for the other two passages.

BruceDLimber

Greetings!

Of course, in the Baha'i view the Return of the Christ Spirit already occurred over a century and a half ago! . . .

Best,

Bruce

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
Well, if the Bible is true, then yes, we should be concerned.
I however, do not believe the Bible is true, thus I am not concerned.

syoonsh

roli said:
If Jesus Is Coming Back as He said, should'nt the inhabitants of the World Be Concerned ??????

I mean if the scriptures are true and we are at the period in history where Jesus will come back to take those who trusted Him as Lord and Savior,those who are born again,spirit filled believers,should'nt this be cause for concern.

...... or will the world go on just as it always has, the bible says,as it was in the days of Noah,so will it be when Jesus returns, and we are definitiely here or have already surpassed Noah's days.

Jesus is not coming back. If he is, then everyone from the church think that he is crazy that if someone says I am JESUS CHRIST!!!!.

arthra

Baha'i
If some of you have not already done so you might enjoy reading the story of "the Grand Inquisitor" from The Brothers Karamazov by Dostoevsky... Not only is it good literature it poses the very question being pondered here... What would happen if Christ returned...

http://www.tameri.com/csw/exist/dostgi.html

"He came softly, unobserved, and yet, strange to say, everyone recognised Him. That might be one of the best passages in the poem. I mean, why they recognised Him. The people are irresistibly drawn to Him, they surround Him, they flock about Him, follow Him. He moves silently in their midst with a gentle smile of infinite compassion. The sun of love burns in His heart, and power shine from His eyes, and their radiance, shed on the people, stirs their hearts with responsive love. He holds out His hands to them, blesses them, and a healing virtue comes from contact with Him, even with His garments. .."