• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

If No One Believed In God...

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
The bandwagon fallacy, ad populum, no matter the number of believers, belief does not make it so. You're just going to have to believe with all your might, what else is left for a believer to do?.
You're just going to have to disbelieve with all your might, what else is left for a nonbeliever to do?
Maybe then you can make God not exist and then we can all take our toys and go home.

lukethethird

unknown member
You're just going to have to disbelieve with all your might, what else is left for a nonbeliever to do?
Maybe then you can make God not exist and then we can all take our toys and go home.

Why, what difference does it make to anything that matters if your God exists or not?

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Did you work hard on that belief or did it just come natural?
To be honest, I did not work very hard, it came natural. It was obvious to me that my religion was true within two weeks of discovering it, and here I still am over 51 years later.....
It is not that I am lazy, just lucky, because I worked very hard in various colleges and universities for over 15 years.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Learning what exactly, to believe what you are told to believe?
Nobody ever told me what to believe. I chose my religion as an adult and researched it by myself.
My parents were not even religious so I had no religion growing up nor did I believe in God.

firedragon

Veteran Member
If No One Believed In God...

Would God exist?

Its like saying if no believed other planets existed "would other planets exist"?

That would mean prior to discovering Saturn existed, Saturn didnt exist. It appeared the day humans discovered it.

Its magic.

lukethethird

unknown member
Its like saying if no believed other planets existed "would other planets exist"?

That would mean prior to discovering Saturn existed, Saturn didnt exist. It appeared the day humans discovered it.

Its magic.
The difference is that evidence led us to the discovery of Saturn which in turn allowed us to formulate a belief that was drawn from conclusions grounded in evidence. The same cannot be said for a belief in God, believers believe in God on faith alone, no evidence, no discovery, merely belief.