• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I'm Leaving

icehorse

......unaffiliated...... anti-dogmatist
Premium Member
I'm making this post since I'm Staff.

Please don't PM me about staff stuff as I won't be here.

I am so, so ****ing sick of this place. It's degenerated to the point that argument based on sound logic is now being dismissed.

It's full of people who will call anyone who disagrees with the MSM a conspiracy theorist.

It's full of people who are too old to understand how much things have changed. The medium age on here must be Boomer.

It's too Woke and despises anyone who has even vaguely conservative views.

I've been called racist, homophobic and other slurs used against people like me.

I am tired of having to defend views that were considered mainstream until yesterday.

Sick of people piling on me.

Tired of the one-sided nature of this forum.

Too many rebels here as well, too many people who have come here for a kind of refuge for heterodoxy. People here cannot even define Christianity. Barely any Catholics and mainstream Protestants. Almost no Muslims.

Too many Atheists who are really here to pick on religious people.

To many people here who despise orthodoxy simply on the basis that it's orthodox.

Too much crap and not enough critical thinking.

Take care. If anyone is bothered I'm rival25 on Discord.

I think you and I are not totally aligned - I claim to be a classic liberal - but I experience all the things you mentioned in your OP. These days on RF, it seems that if you don't totally agree with woke ideology, you must be a far right terrorist.

Frankly, I put up with all the crap for the sake of the lurkers. I have no illusions that I will ever change the minds of the woke, but I hope that folks who aren't up to speed or who haven't made up their minds on a topic might benefit from hearing arguments the woke don't want them to hear.

I hope you come back, but in any case, thanks for all you've done here!

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member

I am so, so ****ing sick of this place. It's degenerated to the point that argument based on sound logic is now being dismissed.

It's full of people who will call anyone who disagrees with the MSM a conspiracy theorist.

It's full of people who are too old to understand how much things have changed. The medium age on here must be Boomer.

I've been called racist, homophobic and other slurs used against people like me.

I am tired of having to defend views that were considered mainstream until yesterday.

Too many rebels here as well, too many people who have come here for a kind of refuge for heterodoxy. People here cannot even define Christianity. Barely any Catholics and mainstream Protestants. Almost no Muslims.

To many people here who despise orthodoxy simply on the basis that it's orthodox.

It’s a bit like the hotel California,”you can checkout anytime you want but you can never leave”

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member

Too many people here who despise orthodoxy simply on the basis that it's orthodox.

We've had our run-ins before, but I have always tried to explain my thinking when we've disagreed. I try hard to be a good forum member (I'm not perfect, and make mistakes, but I still try).

A lot of atheists here -- certainly this one, at least -- are concerned more with how beliefs and belief-systems, credes, mythologies and the quirkiness of human thinking, believing and reasoning impact on humanity itself. That is a huge concern of Humanism.

I am sorry if I'm part of the reason you're leaving, but I will end with this, something I know all too well: wherever you go, there YOU are. You may not take us with you -- but you'll certainly take yourself.

Rival

Diex Aie
Staff member
Premium Member
as i recall you made this claim several times and each time you were asked to link the slur. You never did.
I've been on this forum since 2012. I've not just randomly decided to up and leave. I can't quote every single instance of these words being used, but if you used your God given senses and read the thread you'd see it. You can do it. You're a capable adult. Stop being intentionally dense.

Last edited:

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Frankly, I put up with all the crap.....
R.d3b3e69c9c85c6560993517c107e3c06

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Stop being intentionally dense.
Ya know....
One should expect that taking highly controversial positions
(defending Trump's specious attack on Haitians), & lashing
out at those who argue against it, will earn blunt responses.

A wise man once said, "A man's person's gotta know his
their limitations." RF has different forums, many much
friendlier than Debates, especially N Ameristanian & Mid
Eastern Politics these days. We must all avoid forums &
threads that wreck our equanimity.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
The diversity of views and spirited debate are what I enjoy about this place. If everyone agreed with me 100% on everything it would be boring (what would Mario games be like without the goombas?). I like having my point of view challenged. Anyone confident in their beliefs should welcome it.

Also, what exactly is "woke" aside from a lazy perjorative for anything conservatives don't like or understand?

I wish I knew what the lack of critical thinkng accusation was referring to. Most people here seem to have good heads on their shoulders.

Anyway.. :handwaving:

Spice

StewardshipPeaceIntergityCommunityEquality
One old boomer wishing you well with words from more than 50 years ago:

Desiderata
Go placidly amid the noise and haste,
and remember what peace
there may be in silence.
As far as possible without surrender
be on good terms with all persons.
Speak your truth quietly
and clearly;
and listen to others,
even the dull and the ignorant;
they too have their story.

Avoid loud and aggressive persons,
they are vexations to the spirit.
If you compare yourself
with others,
you may become vain and bitter;
for always there will be greater
and lesser persons than yourself.
Enjoy your achievements as well
as your plans.

Keep interested in your own career, however humble;
it is a real possession in the changing fortunes of time.
Exercise caution in your business affairs;
for the world is full of trickery
But let this not blind you to what
virtue there is;
many persons strive for high ideals;
and everywhere life is full of heroism.

Be yourself.
Especially, do not feign affection.
Neither be cynical about love;
for in the face of all aridity
and disenchantment
it is as perennial as the grass.

Take kindly the counsel of the years,
gracefully surrendering the things of youth.
Nurture strength of spirit to shield you in sudden misfortune.
But do not distress yourself with dark imaginings.
Many fears are born of fatigue and loneliness.
Beyond a wholesome discipline,
be gentle with yourself.

You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars; you have a right to be here.

And whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.

Therefore be at peace with God,
whatever you conceive Him to be,
and whatever your labors and aspirations,
in the noisy confusion of life
keep peace with your soul.

With all its sham, drudgery,
and broken dreams,
it is still a beautiful world.
Be cheerful.
Strive to be happy. ~Max Ehrmann

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Sometimes, a few weeks off, or even a few months, might help a bit. Sometimes, it can get a bit trying to discuss things with people, although I guess in my case, I'm so crazy defiant that it doesn't matter to me.