• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I'm Leaving

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
One clue that you might be woke (here in 2024), is your refusal to even google the term ;)
It's original meaning was awareness of systematic justice, but that's clearly not how conservatives use the term. They call plant-based sausage patties, metal straws, and EVs "woke", and none of those things have anything to do with being aware of systematic injustice. Googling the term doesn't reveal anything other than what I've already observed and explained.

Argentbear

I've been on this forum since 2011. I've not just randomly decided to up and leave. I can't quote every single instance of these words being used, but if you used your God given senses and read the thread you'd see it. You can do it. You're a capable adult. Stop being intentionally dense.
but you never did quote any instance.

Last edited:

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
The diversity of views and spirited debate are what I enjoy about this place. If everyone agreed with me 100% on everything it would be boring (what would Mario games be like without the goombas?). I like having my point of view challenged. Anyone confident in their beliefs should welcome it.

Also, what exactly is "woke" aside from a lazy perjorative for anything conservatives don't like or understand?

I wish I knew what the lack of critical thinkng accusation was referring to. Most people here seem to have good heads on their shoulders.

Anyway.. :handwaving:
Good luck getting an answer.

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
The fact that this has turned into somewhat of a hostile thread kinda demonstrates we may have a problem here...
I keep telling you guys you need to take a couple of days off and just turn moderating the forums over to me, completely, and all by myself.

I promise you the five or six people who would still be here when you got back would be model members.

servant1

I'm making this post since I'm Staff.

Please don't PM me about staff stuff as I won't be here.

I am so, so ****ing sick of this place. It's degenerated to the point that argument based on sound logic is now being dismissed.

It's full of people who will call anyone who disagrees with the MSM a conspiracy theorist.

It's full of people who are too old to understand how much things have changed. The medium age on here must be Boomer.

It's too Woke and despises anyone who has even vaguely conservative views.

I've been called racist, homophobic and other slurs used against people like me.

I am tired of having to defend views that were considered mainstream until yesterday.

Sick of people piling on me.

Tired of the one-sided nature of this forum.

Too many rebels here as well, too many people who have come here for a kind of refuge for heterodoxy. People here cannot even define Christianity. Barely any Catholics and mainstream Protestants. Almost no Muslims.

Too many Atheists who are really here to pick on religious people.

Too many people here who despise orthodoxy simply on the basis that it's orthodox.

Too much crap and not enough critical thinking.

Take care. If anyone is bothered I'm rival25 on Discord.
It doesn't mean a thing what mortals living in darkness say about one. Jesus said his would be hated. Back in his day, they were murdered by the hatred. Words that mean nothing is a far cry. Stand up for your God, no matter what comes.

amorphous_constellation

I appreciate reading views on here that aren't on the left, and I think you made good posts, that I think I remember reading

I don't have views that really line up with that many people probably, but that doesn't really affect me all that much any more.. I'm more dissatisfied with myself, I sometimes have a wavering ability to explicate the views I do have on things. That can cause me to give up more than anything else really.

Good luck to you

Last edited:

Soandso

ᛋᛏᚨᚾᛞ ᛋᚢᚱᛖ

I am so, so ****ing sick of this place. It's degenerated to the point that argument based on sound logic is now being dismissed.

It's full of people who will call anyone who disagrees with the MSM a conspiracy theorist.

It's full of people who are too old to understand how much things have changed. The medium age on here must be Boomer.

I've been called racist, homophobic and other slurs used against people like me.

I am tired of having to defend views that were considered mainstream until yesterday.

Too many rebels here as well, too many people who have come here for a kind of refuge for heterodoxy. People here cannot even define Christianity. Barely any Catholics and mainstream Protestants. Almost no Muslims.

Too many people here who despise orthodoxy simply on the basis that it's orthodox.

Your thoughts and input will be missed @Rival, but do what's best for your mental health. I haven't always agreed with your perspectives on things, but your input has helped me personally on my quest for truth from time to time in the past when I was lurking more. With the election season in full swing it certainly has brought out more confrontational dialogue; and I've contributed to that myself. Take care of yourself... Hopefully we'll see you again here in the future - maybe when the political negativity dies down

InChrist

Free4ever

I have truly appreciated you and so many of your posts and perspectives. I will sure be sorry to see you go… but I do totally understand. I’ve been noticing the issues you’ve mentioned and feeling the same about the forum lately. I don’t seem nearly as motivated or inspired to participate much anymore.
I do hope the best for you. Thanks for all you have shared over the years and for your work as a staff member.
God bless.

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.

Oh man, I'll miss you so very much. You have always been one of my favorite people here. The forum was a better place when you were part of it.

Rival

Diex Aie
Staff member
Premium Member
Wow I just came back here to see who had added me on Discord and my thread has already turned into a "**** Magas what does woke even mean anyway blah blah" **** show. The minute I support Trump I'm labelled and hated. And you wonder why I'm leaving? As if I had any doubts?

Woke is forcing people to live in an increasingly socially left wing world where they hate the things conservatives love and seek to do. Woke hates nuclear families, it hates the social norm of heterosexuality, it seeks to include the most bizarre and deranged fetishes as socially acceptable, it tells women that being a single mom is acceptable. It seeks to destroy the very way of life of conservatives and treat us like scum.

So yeah, I'm done.

If you add me on Discord please let me know who you are.