• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I'm Leaving

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Wow I just came back here to see who had added me on Discord and my thread has already turned into a "**** Magas what does woke even mean anyway blah blah" **** show. The minute I support Trump I'm labelled and hated. And you wonder why I'm leaving? As if I had any doubts?

Woke is forcing people to live in an increasingly socially left wing world where they hate the things conservatives love and seek to do. Woke hates nuclear families, it hates the social norm of heterosexuality, it seeks to include the most bizarre and deranged fetishes as socially acceptable, it tells women that being a single mom is acceptable. It seeks to destroy the very way of life of conservatives and treat us like scum.

So yeah, I'm done.

If you add me on Discord please let me know who you are.
Please consider that duress you feel as a conservative
also afflicts posters in every other political & religious
orientation. We all endure scorn, threats, & foul labels.
Other people have opinions & values we just hate.
It's what people do. It won't change.
So we must figure out how to cope, eg, avoid some
discussions, let personal attacks roll off one's back,
take a vacation. The latter works wonders for many
here.
Rest, return, & resume discussions that you enjoy.

I once had a poster here tell me to die, & described
the grisly way it should happen. (No names, but you
know her.) How'd I deal with it? Recognize that the
poster is deeply troubled. The insult was irrelevant.

Last edited:

LadyJane

American politics is fraught with anxiety and the former president is relying on citizens being at each other's throats so he can sail into office and evade the consequences of his criminal activity. You don't have to be "woke" to resent that. You don't even have to be American.

Taking things personally and being defensive is up to each individual based on their level of involvement. When pondering the perception of an insult imagine the view from all the folks on the receiving end of your own. I don't think anyone has the monopoly on criticism.

These are strange days. A lot of noise and divisive chatter. It pays to listen. The sound of jackboots marching towards authoritarianism is deafening. Ushering that in will make everyone playing the victim an actual victim. Does it have to come to this?

Govern yerselves accordingly. A dictator will put everyone on the same side. Swiftly.

Rival

Diex Aie
Staff member
Premium Member
American politics is fraught with anxiety and the former president is relying on citizens being at each other's throats so he can sail into office and evade the consequences of his criminal activity. You don't have to be "woke" to resent that. You don't even have to be American.

Taking things personally and being defensive is up to each individual based on their level of involvement. When pondering the perception of an insult imagine the view from all the folks on the receiving end of your own. I don't think anyone has the monopoly on criticism.

These are strange days. A lot of noise and divisive chatter. It pays to listen. The sound of jackboots marching towards authoritarianism is deafening. Ushering that in will make everyone playing the victim an actual victim. Does it have to come to this?

Govern yerselves accordingly. A dictator will put everyone on the same side. Swiftly.
There is no fear on my end of the US becoming authoritarian at all. Not even if Harris wins!

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
Wow I just came back here to see who had added me on Discord and my thread has already turned into a "**** Magas what does woke even mean anyway blah blah" **** show. The minute I support Trump I'm labelled and hated. And you wonder why I'm leaving? As if I had any doubts?

Woke is forcing people to live in an increasingly socially left wing world where they hate the things conservatives love and seek to do. Woke hates nuclear families, it hates the social norm of heterosexuality, it seeks to include the most bizarre and deranged fetishes as socially acceptable, it tells women that being a single mom is acceptable. It seeks to destroy the very way of life of conservatives and treat us like scum.

So yeah, I'm done.

If you add me on Discord please let me know who you are.

You do leave a conservative footprint and I applaud you for it! Keep making the logical conservative footprint that you do! Don’t have enough time to add an additional sharing site (Discord) - influence your world wherever you go! God be with you!

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
I once had a poster here tell me to die, & described
the grisly way it should happen.

I once had a new member PM me to say the same about my children and me. A racist *******. I was fuming, wanted the racist ******* reporting to the police. But it was soon water under the bridge

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member

This is a viewpoint that I personally don’t subscribe to. When dems say that “The Republicans want to destroy democracy” - Anxiety and fear mongering is coming from that side. The primary debacle from the Democratic Party is a good example of forgetting what the people wanted.

OK… that would be true.

Yes… that is why I won’t vote for Kamala. Running on the platform whose global position on every subject is “joy and let’s party” - is a scary thought.

Is that fear and anxiety in demonstration?

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
But I wish I could disagree without being considered a bigot.

FWIW, you seem to be the only one here - as far as I can tell - who holds positions like yours and doesn't just shrug off insinuations like this.

If you care enough about those other people's opinions for this to upset you, maybe reflect on where their feelings are coming from.

Good luck wherever you end up, but unless you pick a curated bubble of like-minded people, expect a similar reaction there, too.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I once had a new member PM me to say the same about my children and me. A racist *******. I was fuming, wanted the racist ******* reporting to the police. But it was soon water under the bridge
I reported the call for my death too.
Alas, it was.....dang....can't discuss moderation.
The post remained.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
I'm not breaking. I've already asked several times for my modship to be revoked. I'm replying to be cordial in this thread and when it dies I have books to read, classes to attend, and a boyfriend to shag. I genuinely hate this place. I wish the 60s Boomer people would leave and we could have some Trad Zoomers instead.
Premarital sex. How progressively untrad. You want to rebuke others for their "sins" with impunity. But of course your own "sins" get a pass.

Last edited:

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
This is an education form. People here are interested in educating and being educated, and enjoy spirited discussion/debate. If it were to become an actual echo chamber, the debate sections would be dead. You can't expect to present a viewpoint that's perceived by others as irrational and unsubstantiated and not expect it to be challenged or called out, and if you believe your views to be solid and well reasoned, then they should be easly enough to defend. If logic and evidence is truly in your corner, you should welcome critique and scrutiny and weather it with ease.

Last edited:

Rival

Diex Aie
Staff member
Premium Member
Premarital sex. How progressively untrad. You want to rebuke others for their "sins" with impunity. But of course your own "sins" get a pass.
I think people are still allowed to make jokes.

And on a serious note, yes. I have views that diverge from practice because whilst ideals work in theory, the practical reality of living in a western country like the UK is if I held off sex before marriage, which I did til I was 26, it resulted in no men wanting to know me. See, I can compromise. I didn't like doing it and it does give me some fear, but it's sadly the only way to get a partner. Perhaps in the US there are more die hards but over here I'd be a virgin forever. And yes, I have repented.

But this is a good illustration of the problem. Conservatives forced to do things otherwise not being able to participate in society. I mean it just reinforced my point. I could find no one since becoming 16, UK age of consent, who would wait til marriage. Tried for a decade.

Now that is decadence.

Last edited:

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
We should all consider that when we believe
something, & we find facts that support this
belief, this is not "logic".
Logic would be to state all relevant premises,
& then reason from them to reach a conclusion.
This is a seldom used tool.
Moreover, matters of value & opinion lack
shared premises, so disagreement can happen
even without any failure of logic.
Thus it's wise never to claim that "logic" is
exclusively on one's side.

Rival

Diex Aie
Staff member
Premium Member
We should all consider that when we believe
something, & we find facts that support this
belief, this is not "logic".
Logic would be to state all relevant premises,
& then reason from them to reach a conclusion.
This is a seldom used tool.
Moreover, matters of value & opinion lack
shared premises, so disagreement can happen
even without any failure of logic.
Thus it's wise never to claim that "logic" is
exclusively on one's side.

Funny, because laying out my premises in a logical sequence as I was taught in my philosophy classes is exactly what I did and was called emotional.

Pissed me off.

I think the idea of logic is being misunderstood. It's not being used in the Ancient Greek sense. Those arguments can be logically made but still wrong. This is what I mean by logic.