• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I'm Offended

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
I'm offended that the technology doesn't exist to transmit smells over the internet, just so we could demonstrate just how offensive and smelly this thread has become.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
I'm offended that the technology doesn't exist to transmit smells over the internet, just so we could demonstrate just how offensive and smelly this thread has become.

When i was a child there was the launch of smellivision test, the testing of a new technology to transmit smells over the airwaves to your TV. The launch date was April 1st but it's surprising that 1000s of people who wrote to the TV company to say they thought the test was successful.
So many gullible people, even as a young sprog i was offended.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
When i was a child there was the launch of smellivision test, the testing of a new technology to transmit smells over the airwaves to your TV. The launch date was April 1st but it's surprising that 1000s of people who wrote to the TV company to say they thought the test was successful.
So many gullible people, even as a young sprog i was offended.
I wonder when RF will adopt scratch'n sniff technology?

And no, this isn't about @Quagmire's monkey.
R.f5b4224b731f5e147dafb732c79e6c02

anotherneil

So when someone gets offended, what is the response or consequence of that supposed to be?

For example, if someone tells a joke, the response or consequence is supposed to be to laugh (or boo, hiss, heckle, etc.).

It's not like laughing at a joke, though; it's more like being a victim of a crime. The response would be that the victim calls the police to report it, and the consequence is that the person who committed the crime is arrested & taken to jail.

SalixIncendium

अहं ब्रह्मास्मि
Staff member
Premium Member
So when someone gets offended, what is the response or consequence of that supposed to be?

For example, if someone tells a joke, the response or consequence is supposed to be to laugh (or boo, hiss, heckle, etc.).

It's not like laughing at a joke, though; it's more like being a victim of a crime. The response would be that the victim calls the police to report it, and the consequence is that the person who committed the crime is arrested & taken to jail.
Good idea. I just called the police about this post.

Let me known if you need a good bail bondsman.

SalixIncendium

अहं ब्रह्मास्मि
Staff member
Premium Member
That's not what you say in the OP...

I am offended that you cannot be pleasured by offence despite indicating the contrary
I'm offended by your conclusion that my being offended would bring me pleasure. I just guessed being offended would bring one pleasure.

I'm struggling to be pleased while I'm offended.

Maybe someone who finds themselves offended often can help me with this.