• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

INDISPUTABLE Rational Proof That God Exists (Or Existed)

FranklinMichaelV.3

Grrrr.... (taking deep breaths and counting to 10)

just-what-forum-needs-another-ironman-build-10452d1330210107t-new-spiderman-meme-face-df790206-13e8-4c7b-9dd9-89dfc8c2ee0e.jpg-231288d1379036570

Ouroboros

Coincidentia oppositorum
Its suppose to be: 'Namaste'. Im typing on a cellphone...may you excuse the error please?
Ah. The cellphone curse. I know about it.

And may you please not be sarcastic?
Oh. Sensitive.

For a religious forum...its surprising how many people are so quick to post a put-down.
And surprising how many have a thin skin.

Ok. Let's be very serious from now on, and no more jokes or pokes. Got it.

By the way, you didn't notice the little "tongue in cheek" smiley face that I put after that comment? That means it's not meant to be taken offensive or sarcastic but as a friendly little poke in the side. Something some normal people do in real life, teasing each other when they're friendly and familiar. But... okay. I got it. It doesn't work with you. I won't joke with you from now on.

Last edited:

FranklinMichaelV.3

But I find the idea of proving Gods existence to be a moot point. If God exists there is no need to prove Gods existence and if God doesn't exist there is no need to prove Gods existence as the only thing we can be sure of is that we exist.

ladybug77

No. Stop it. You're not allowed to be funny or make jokes here. It's after all a very serious religious forum where everyone has to behave according to some higher principle of order set by the anonymous committee of sourpusses.

No. No one has to believe anything they dont want to believe. And jokes are fun. Even funnier with both parties laugh tho! Its like making a joke you think is really really funny....and when you are done joking...youre the only one laughing...and people are staring at you confused. Its humiliating. Lol!

So believe what you want to. Some people may be here to push off some religion on you...but im not. :)

Ouroboros

Coincidentia oppositorum
But I find the idea of proving Gods existence to be a moot point. If God exists there is no need to prove Gods existence and if God doesn't exist there is no need to prove Gods existence as the only thing we can be sure of is that we exist.
Agree.

The only kind of God that we can be sure of existing is the one that is obvious and self-evident. No need to prove God. If God needs to be argued for, then it's not God. The only thing I do know exists is me. Besides that, I'm fairly certain reality, nature, universe, etc exist too. Hence, "God" is what exists, not what we have to convince each other about to exist.

ladybug77

Yep! Thats why the whole question is absurd! But if people like debating for eternity...then so be it. Because the answer is that BOTH 'God' exist, while he does not! Everyone is correct.

I dont see how its hard to believe that we are all correct.

Ouroboros

Coincidentia oppositorum
So believe what you want to. Some people may be here to push off some religion on you...but im not. :)
I'm here to meet other people who have similar views as me. People with too different views only annoys me. So for your benefit, I will from henceforward not respond to any of your posts. Good?

ladybug77

I'm here to meet other people who have similar views as me. People with too different views only annoys me. So for your benefit, I will from henceforward not respond to any of your posts. Good?

If wish not to respond...thats your choice. :) but you have yet not to know that we do infact have the same beliefs. :)

I do not wish bad ill upon you if you do not reply.
I wish good upon you either way.

:)

McBell

Admiral Obvious
and how about placing Spirit before substance?....though you don't like it.
Is this distraction your way of saying you are going to completely ignore the point?
No surprise.

When are you going to present a meaningful definition of "spirit"...

FranklinMichaelV.3

Technically in Genesis it was substance before spirit...given that man was made in Gods image first...and then had breath put into them...but you know...whatever no one listens to me....

Thief

Rogue Theologian
Oh?

Are you sure?

It was immortality for Adam and Eve not all.

Peace in Heaven is guarded? Against what? It was immortality on earth not heaven.

So you do not believe they were cast out of the garden because they had become like God, knowing Good and Evil. If the knowing of Good and Evil is the reason for heaven to be guarded then why is God there?

I'm sure.

They were not cast out for having learned good and evil.
They were cast out to prevent partaking of the tree of life.
Immortality in the flesh....denied.

Were you hoping to disregard Genesis?...in some particular manner....for a particular reason...

Thief

Rogue Theologian
Technically in Genesis it was substance before spirit...given that man was made in Gods image first...and then had breath put into them...but you know...whatever no one listens to me....

Technically, the Word was with God.
I say the Word represents the ability to create.
In the beginning.

Substance begins with the speech.....'let there be light'

Thief

Rogue Theologian
Agree.

The only kind of God that we can be sure of existing is the one that is obvious and self-evident. No need to prove God. If God needs to be argued for, then it's not God. The only thing I do know exists is me. Besides that, I'm fairly certain reality, nature, universe, etc exist too. Hence, "God" is what exists, not what we have to convince each other about to exist.

So...existence is as terminal as 'we' are?
I am sure you speak for yourself?

I don't believe my existence depends on proving God.
I don't believe my existence depends on your agreement.
I suspect for cause of the design of my body....
My spirit will be unique and the existence of my soul beyond the last breath....
DOES depend on compatibility in spirit as I stand before heaven....and the Spirit.

McBell

Admiral Obvious
So...existence is as terminal as 'we' are?
I am sure you speak for yourself?

I don't believe my existence depends on proving God.
I don't believe my existence depends on your agreement.
I suspect for cause of the design of my body....
My spirit will be unique and the existence of my soul beyond the last breath....
DOES depend on compatibility in spirit as I stand before heaven....and the Spirit.

and you deny your dogma....

TSK TSK TSK!

McBell

Admiral Obvious
Tsk tsk yourself.....denying judgment.

By The Way...
I am still waiting for you to define "spirit" in a meaning ful way and to address the points you have gone out of your way to ignore.

Should I stop holding my breath?