• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Intelligent Design is a Fact- Evolution is a Theory!

Sapiens

Polymathematician
Ah, but the roll is critical. San Francisco sourdough is at the top of my list. Medium rare is, for me, overdone. Raw in the center, charred on the outside. Oh yes ... gotta be grass fed local Hawaiian beef. If you don't make it at home I'd recommend Annie's Burgers in Mango Plaza or Ultimate Burger in Kona.

Dante Writer

Ah, but the roll is critical. San Francisco sourdough is at the top of my list. Medium rare is, for me, overdone. Raw in the center, charred on the outside. Oh yes ... gotta be grass fed local Hawaiian beef. If you don't make it at home I'd recommend Annie's Burgers in Mango Plaza or Ultimate Burger in Kona.

This is a discussion for evolution and intelligent design.

If you can't stay on topic and want to discuss food go start your own discussion instead of hijacking mine.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
If you can't stay on topic and want to discuss food go start your own discussion instead of hijacking mine.
It wasn't clear what your thread was about, so I kick started it with something to interest everyone.
So......are you on the side of ID or TOE?

Dante Writer

Ugh!
Med rare is still oozing blood.
I'll have mine well done, with a slice of onion (raw) & tomato.

Dante Writer

It wasn't clear what your thread was about, so I kick started it with something to interest everyone.
So......are you on the side of ID or TOE?

No you are hijacking the discussion.

If you don't like the topic go start your own discussion.

I am on the side of science and ID is science. Evolution is many theories that has many holes and does not address the origin of life.

Together they might explain how life came to form on this planet or on other planets we may visit in the future.

Quetzal

A little to the left and slightly out of focus.
Premium Member
Ugh!
Med rare is still oozing blood.
I'll have mine well done, with a slice of onion (raw) & tomato.
Does the same apply to your steaks? Would you at least consider medium or medium-well?

Dante Writer

What about my question regarding ID v TOE?

I added that after I seen it:

I am on the side of science and ID is science. Evolution is many theories that has many holes and does not address the origin of life.

Together they might explain how life came to form on this planet or on other planets we may visit in the future.

Quetzal

Premium Member
I am on the side of science and ID is science.
ID as you describe it is science. Just because you define it one way does not automatically mean everyone defines it the same way.

Evolution is many theories that has many holes and does not address the origin of life.
The theory of evolution is not meant to address the origin of life. It is meant to address a theory of evolution. If you are looking for a theory that addresses origins, I would suggest the big bang theory.

Dante Writer

ID as you describe it is science. Just because you define it one way does not automatically mean everyone defines it the same way.

The theory of evolution is not meant to address the origin of life. It is mean to address a theory of evolution. If you are looking for a theory that address origins, I would suggest the big bang theory.

I define it the way it is used every day in science. Are you claiming we do not use Intelligent Design in the creation of organisms?

It is evolutionists that have tried to lump ID in with creationism so they can avoid the fact that Evolution is just one way life could have formed on earth.

Evolution avoids the question of the origin of life intentionally to avoid the fact that you still have to get life to form spontaneously in your theory or it all falls apart.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I added that after I seen it:
I am on the side of science and ID is science.
So it's just a word game.
I favor using intelligence in designing things too.
But I don't call it "Intelligent Design" because that would be misleading.
Evolution is many theories that has many holes and does not address the origin of life.
The origin of life isn't part of evolution, so this isn't a real criticism of it.
Evolution also doesn't address cosmology, plasma physics or metalurgy.
I'm OK with this.
As for the holes, it's more interesting to not know everything.
This leaves things to explore.
If you mean the usual ID (supernatural), I don't see its being useful.

Quetzal

Premium Member
I define it the way it is used every day in science
Which is not how it is addressed in everyday conversation, especially if you are encompassing religious theologies with it. As @Sapiens pointed out already, you are arguing semantics (quite poorly, I might add).

Are you claiming we do not use Intelligent Design in the creation of organisms?
Never claimed anything regarding the topic, thank you!

Evolution avoids the question of the origin of life intentionally to avoid the fact that you still have to get life to form spontaneously in your theory or it all falls apart.

So, what about pork, @Revoltingest, Carolina Style BBQ? @Sapiens looks like a traditional hickory smoked kinda guy!

Sapiens

Polymathematician

The theory of evolution is not meant to address the origin of life. It is meant to address a theory of evolution. If you are looking for a theory that addresses origins, I would suggest the big bang theory.
He's making a waste of bandwidth semantic argument that hinges on what definition of ID is used in a science forum, that is completely inappropriate and off topic, so we might as well discuss the Intelligent Design of Cheeseburgers in Paradise.

Dante Writer

I like all Americastanian styles of BBQ.
But I'm not a fan of Korean or Chinese BBQ.
We do it better.

How about you go start your won discussion instead of hijacking mine.

Or is it OK if we do the same to any Evolutionist posts to stop all discussion so this forum is meaningless?

Try a little maturity please!